Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

Great stuff so far..

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Just updated from 2.7.7 to 2.8.1 – everything worked like expected (no WSOD 🙂 ) … exploring now.

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Noted!

And someone just reminded me that the padding is lacking in a few areas like the logo area and breadcrumbs.

Thanks Leo, it is really looking good. I am getting more excited about moving my live site soon.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

Right now, the biggest issue is with sign-up confirmation emails.. Very often, they are not being sent out..

I now have no doubt I am missing sales because of this.. There isn’t even a way to manually send those emails.. I just had a customer staring on “thank you for registering” page for half an hour before giving up about that email.. I know it from google analytics.. I created an account at the same time and the email was not received by me either..

It is a very big issue for me because my other store makes more sales with less registrations.. (as I turned confirmation emails off) unfortunately on symbiostock I can’t…

still waiting for that email with no hopes btw.. what’s awful about it? It worked yesterday, and will probably work again tomorrow.. I have no idea why it goes off and on without reason..

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

just received mine.. 40 minutes later.. let’s see if the customer comes back.. it is being sent out, but very very late some days..

it is very inconvenient for the customer..

Edit: Yes, the customer came back and made the purchase.. but it is not fair that he had to wait 40 minutes.. I could have missed the sale, if he was in two minds between buying from an agency or from me..

I can’t imagine a better feature than getting rid off sign-up confirmation emails for symbiostock.. I would be perfectly fine if they were consistent and on time.. for some reason, the feature works great one day, and very late the other day..

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

Right now, the biggest issue is with sign-up confirmation emails.. Very often, they are not being sent out..

I now have no doubt I am missing sales because of this.. There isn’t even a way to manually send those emails.. I just had a customer staring on “thank you for registering” page for half an hour before giving up about that email.. I know it from google analytics.. I created an account at the same time and the email was not received by me either..

It is a very big issue for me because my other store makes more sales with less registrations.. (as I turned confirmation emails off) unfortunately on symbiostock I can’t…

still waiting for that email with no hopes btw.. what’s awful about it? It worked yesterday, and will probably work again tomorrow.. I have no idea why it goes off and on without reason..

May I ask who is handling the email you are using for your reply emails? The issue may be with them. The theme itself isn’t not responsible for the actual email that gets sent. It is really important to use a reliable email provider for this.

So in short, the theme prepares the general email and then sends the email via your provider. If it fails or takes too long it is an issue server side on your email side not with the actual theme.

Yahoo and Hotmail are really bad and unreliable for business.

Jo.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@cidepix wrote:

May I ask who is handling the email you are using for your reply emails? The issue may be with them. The theme itself isn’t not responsible for the actual email that gets sent. It is really important to use a reliable email provider for this.

So in short, the theme prepares the general email and then sends the email via your provider. If it fails or takes too long it is an issue server side on your email side not with the actual theme.

Yahoo and Hotmail are really bad and unreliable for business.

Jo.

thanks for the input..

my host is godaddy but even though I have an email plan with them, I am not using it.. instead, I use windows live admin center to manage emails, so it’s outlook at the moment..

I am actually aware that it’s not the theme’s fault.. but it could be avoided by having the ability to let people create their passwords during registration.. this would eliminate the need for email confirmation..

strange thing is, outlook (hotmail) handles all my emails and as a seller I receive mine pretty quickly.. it’s only the buyer emails that are slow.. so when I create a testing account, site admin receives the email right away, while the buyer sometimes waits longer..

JoRodrigues
    Participant

The unfortunate side is also that customers are using really bad email accounts too. I set up an email through BlueHost. It forwards to my Gmail account. I get the notifications instantly. Sometimes I am still modifying things and I’ve already gotten the forwarded email to my Gmail.

I haven’t had many signups but they few have been from friends or people on here and it’s very quick too.

Jo

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Why dont you guys use the email address you get with the domain. I have info at semmickphoto dot com. Seems to work fine.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

I would agree with Ron. A good host will also provide a good email service.

“Info” is a spam delight though 🙂 It’s one of those first options that spammers use along with support/john/email/contact @whatever.com etc.

Jo

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

I use info.. but opted to use outlook as an email service provider..

also, while I agree with everything you guys said, I still think symbiostock needs to allow registration without email confirmation..

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

also, while I agree with everything you guys said, I still think symbiostock needs to allow registration without email confirmation..

No I meant info@YourSite.com hehe 😀 These are common email addresses that spammers use right away.

As for the email system I have no opinion as I am new to all of this 🙂

Jo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

Leo, not a bug, and obviously not a priority.. but is it possible to add customization options for buttons?

it would be perfect if we could change the colors of the “search” and “download” buttons without needing to use a child theme..

Hey everyone – I’m almost done this list.

Regarding your question – I’m going to make some child-theme CSS snippets for little things like this.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@cidepix wrote:

No I meant info@YourSite.com hehe 😀 These are common email addresses that spammers use right away.

Jo

Yes I use info@mysite.com 😀 but host it on outlook (hotmail)

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

@jorodrigues wrote:

@cidepix wrote:

Jo

Yes I use info@mysite.com 😀 but host it on outlook (hotmail)

Is the “info… address possibly causing it to get blocked as spam? If it is popular with spammers there may be a spam catcher on the receiving end that keeps it from getting through. Add in the multiple links in the letter and that could be the culprit. My home provider was blocking and it took a bit of work to get them to make adjustments so their spam catcher would let the info through.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.