A Simple & Effective Marketing Tool
The Symzio Link Exchange Widget is a fully automated link exchange system that is bundled with the Symbiostock Pro. It is a marketing and networking tool which allows you to enhance your site by boosting your partners and likewise your own site from within the Symzio network. If you don’t see the widget in your Symbiostock Settings then you need to update your Symbiostock Pro install to access to widget.
Establishing link exchange partnerships with targeted, related websites is a long established way of giving your website’s SEO a boost. By working together and setting up a link exchange network with fellow Symzio contributors, we can essentially increase our marketing efforts and online presence by letting search engines know that although we are independent entities, we’re are also a collective – and if there’s anything to be learned from advent of social media, it is that modern search engines appreciate sites that are interconnected and communal. Link exchange partnerships also provide a good means of exchanging direct traffic.
The Symzio Link Exchange Widget is an intelligent tool which removes the regular burdens that come with link exchange partnerships. You don’t need to check for dead links, or worry about partnered sites maintaining reciprocal links. Any sites that stop working, or stop using the widget are automatically removed from the link list. The system effortlessly sets up a link exchange area on any page, or section, of your website.
- Auto checking contributor sites to make sure they are online. Sites that go offline are automatically excluded so that there are no ‘dead’ links.
- Only includes sites that also display the widget.
- Dynamically altering the rank order in which sites are displayed sites based on how much each individual site contributes to the link exchange program. The widget uses advanced mechanisms to calculate how much each site is promoting the Symzio Link Exchange Widget – sites providing greater support are listed higher on the page and this is automatically updated.
- Will only display contributors who have been with Symzio for at least 1 month.
- Ability to set how many contributors you want to list (minimum of 5 required).
- Can be added to your WordPress site as a widget or shortcode.
- Automatically uses styles that are defined in your websites theme. You can also add a custom css class to the widget and apply stylizes using your theme’s custom css area.
- Ability to add a custom title to your link exchange area.
Information for each contributor listing is sourced directly from their Symzio public profile, including:
- The contributor’s business name
- Link to their independent website
- Link to their Symzio contributor profile
- Links to Facebook & Twitter pages
- Description: Displaying contributor descriptions is optional. You can set the widget to display no descriptions to show short/full descriptions.
- Thumbnail: A thumbnail is shown if the contributor has uploaded an image for their Symzio profile page. Displaying thumbnails is optional.
- The more information you supply about yourself through your Symzio contributor profile, the more information can be displayed through the link widget. So it’s a good idea to fill in your Symzio profile as much as you can, including links to your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
The widget is extremely easy to set up and can be accessed by navigating to WP Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. It will appear in the list of available widgets as Symzio Link Exchange. You can then add this to any widget area. Once added, you can open it to access all the settings.
For details on how to implement the widget using shortcodes, see this Help Guide.
As a community drive project, we want to bring exposure to those who acre proactive about raising awareness of Symbiostock and fellow independent artists. So anyone who uses the Symzio Link Exchange Widget will automatically have their details and website included in the Symzio Artist Directory. Every page on this website links to the Symzio Artist Directory, so naturally anyone who is listed will benefit from extra organic traffic and possibly receive additional ‘link juice’ from search engines. So if you’re not already using the widget, get on board to benefit from this bonus incentive!