Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Ok have the latest 2.8.9 version and heres a couple of issues that still exist…

1. As was mentioned above, LICENSES need work. They aren’t applied on upload. This has to happen. They also need to be reflected in the cart area and emails appropriately.
    2. Safari seems to have issues with the customiser when it comes to the various gradient options for panels – they don’t work. In chrome it does, safari (6.0.5) it doesn’t.
    3. Love the direction with the improved signup process. In the green bar that shows up and says “Registration Successful. Your cart area is here” the alt tag for the link is buggy. The mousover on it displays “Your cart area is here” with the tags visible in the text.
    4. As being discussed in the other thread, the grey bar for a new user (firefox) is not visible, thus no way to change password or other details.
    5. I think the 40 promoted keywords are still being chopped down to 20 on theme upgrade?

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I agree with everyone who mentioned Licenses as a huge issue that needs to be fixed. The batch editor needs to let you apply just license choices (right now it zaps other information on a heterogenous set of attributes); you need to be able to have a default on upload (there are check boxes and you can save as default, but that appears not to do anything – I did try it). You need to be able to edit a license if you make a mistake – right now you have to redo the whole thing for any typos

If you browse your whole portfolio (http://www.digitalbristles.com/image/ in my case) you don’t get the magnifier for preview. If you pick a category you get one and if you do a search you get a magnifier. All thumbs (similars, latest images, featured images, browse portfolio) should have the magnifier.

Mobile devices and Safari are a mess. My site (2.8.9 and dragonfly) looks different – not in a good way – on Safari. Broken on the iPhone and looks bad on iPad and desktop. Functions on a Nexus (Android/Chrome) but looks really awful – all you see is a column of menus up top and when you do get to images it’s just one column down the left side and tons of white space. Firefox on the desktop looks mostly OK but has some of the text that’s a link white instead of dark gray (as does Safari) which makes no sense.

The extra “r” by the price on the e-mail a purchaser gets has been a bug for a long time. I know it’s small, but we should look our best in something going to a customer.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thanks for reminding me on those. The license one is last on the to-do list since it represents the most painful and risky thing to approach. The last update was only the login convenience.

THPStock
    Participant

Just a little extra on the safari conflicts, as mentioned in #2 in my post above, not only does the customizer not work for making changes and seeing it live, but even if you make the change in Chrome (which does work) its not reflected properly in safari.

eg: see http://thpstockphotos.com in both safari and chrome. Notice the footer & footer widgets are white in chrome (as its meant to be) and the footer area around the widgets is grey on safari

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

THPStock
    Participant

If you go to this page: http://thpstockphotos.com/symbiostock-network-directory/

the big grey Symbiostock box at the top needs some work. It’s way too big and pushes all the relevant info far down the page. Think this needs a redesign.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant
    Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Home Page Generator:

Not sure if I am missing something or not but…

If I need to change text in the CTA’s or main content area it seems you have to go through the whole process of generating the page again. It would be good if the settings were memorized to minimize potential mistakes. (All the text in the content area and the CTA’s are always there)

For example. It seems if I need to change text in a CTA I go into the “Appearance->Home Page”, then I have to choose my home page since it is prefilled with “Contact Us”. Then reenter the shortcut code for the slider, it’s not remembered. Then change the text I need and “Save Changes”.

Not sure if I am missing an easier way to make changes to the Home Page. If not, it would be nice if everything was remembered.

This is not a major issue, just something to note and a nice to have.

Thanks
    Tim

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@leo wrote:

A special note on white screens – which some of you have been seeing.

WSOD – White Screen of Death

If you see a whitescreen based on normal Symbiostock use, LET ME KNOW. These MUST be fixed. All future Symbiostockers will benefit from our patiently fixing the problem.

Tell me where it happened.

What you did at the time it went white.
    …..

trying to install 2.9.2 from 2.8.9 – at first installed ok, but reg screen wouldn’t accept click on blue register bar (login on same window does work)

worked ok on chrome, not IE10

tried multiple activate of 2012, the reactivate sym, deleting email plugin each time

no changes… so renamed theme/symbiostock while 2012 was activated, tried to do new inastall of sym 2.9.2 but got white screen, and that’s all I get for http://clipartcartoons.com

leo – I’ve sent you admin & pwd

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

the search button doesn’t appear right on IE9 (vista) as seen on my site: http://www.cidepix.com/

all other browsers work well..

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thanks for the update. Browsers are browsers…they can’t be mastered, only worked around. If something inhibits any essential process or *really* screws up the site let me know.

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Found an issue with Featured Image on the image edit page. When you set the Featured Image it does not show up. It looks to be working but it looks like it only displays a dot or a highly reduce image size 🙂

SY Theme: 2.9.4
    WP: 3.7

-Tim

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.