Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Please use this thread to tell me any remaining issues with the Metamorphosis theme version only.

I appreciate the testers on this theme version! Its not easy updating and finding some new feature has tweaked out a previous feature! At this point I’d like to focus 100% on bugs.

Perhaps in a few days we can have a completely stable version. This is not to say we can’t add new features afterward, but its best to put our remaining implementations on a perfectly stable foundation.

List genuine bugs only.

A special note on white screens – which some of you have been seeing.

WSOD – White Screen of Death

If you see a whitescreen based on normal Symbiostock use, LET ME KNOW. These MUST be fixed. All future Symbiostockers will benefit from our patiently fixing the problem.

Tell me where it happened.

What you did at the time it went white.

Or if more importantly, what I did. big_smile

These instances don’t count:

Unmaintained Plugins

Ancient versions of Symbiostock

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

2.8.1 and pp 1.2.3.
    All the categories are listed underneath one another instead of being tucked inside (see screenshot in other bug thread or tulip.kerioak.com)

Setup is –
    Account/cart bar menu – Header

Main/Nav Menu Style
    Basic
    Menu Location
    Under Header
    Search/Account Menu Style
    Basic
    Search/Account Menu Fill
    Blank
    Separate Search/Account Menu?
    Yes
    Show “Image/Blog” search option?
    No

Did you get my email?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

You rock thanks. Yes I also got your email. I’m catching up on quite a few of them.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I don’t have any real bugs. Just cosmetic requests/fixes. I suppose this is a good thing not so?

Jo

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

When I click on an image size it takes about ten seconds for it to turn yellow and added to the cart. Thats too long. That needs to respond instantly.

ImageMagick (exec enabled)
    SYS 2.8.1
    Pro 1.2.3
    WP 3.6.1
    PHP 5.3 single

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

I don’t have any real bugs. Just cosmetic requests/fixes. I suppose this is a good thing not so?

Jo

I think your case shows that NEW sign-ups will generally be happy. The rest of the issues have to do with conversion I noticed.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

When I click on an image size it takes about ten seconds for it to turn yellow and added to the cart. Thats too long. That needs to respond instantly.

SYS 2.8.1
    Pro 1.2.3
    WP 3.6.1
    PHP 5.3 single

That is a painfully sluggish response time! I just tried. Bluehost may be slow today as I’m seeing it on another site too.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

That may be a new theme issue I produced with CSS changes. Good catch. I’ll verify that slowness is coming from the theme or not

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

SYS 2.8.1
    Pro 1.2.3
    WP 3.6.1
    PHP 5.3 single

I can confirm this (Using 2.7.7. right now, hope I will find time to update tomorrow)

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Do we also report cosmetic stuff here?

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@leo wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

SYS 2.8.1
    Pro 1.2.3
    WP 3.6.1
    PHP 5.3 single

That is a painfully sluggish response time! I just tried. Bluehost may be slow today as I’m seeing it on another site too.

I know, but that was also before today. Its been like that on other versions as well.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

Do we also report cosmetic stuff here?

Only if its obviously a bug. Text overlapping areas, etc. I could spend another month refining (and probably will after the fact!)

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@leo wrote:

… Its not easy updating and finding some new feature has tweaked out a previous feature! ….

I admit I was sceptic before I updated from 2.6.5 (I was quiet happy with my site like it was) … and the WSOD really scared me, cause I had no idea where it came from …
    BUT:
    I really love the new version more and more every day as I discover its potential … Great job Leo!

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

@leo wrote:

… Its not easy updating and finding some new feature has tweaked out a previous feature! ….

I admit I was sceptic before I updated from 2.6.5 (I was quiet happy with my site like it was) … and the WSOD really scared me, cause I had no idea where it came from …
    BUT:
    I really love the new version more and more every day as I discover its potential … Great job Leo!

Thanks! Its refreshing to hear its been a step up!

That reminds me – I’m going to need some showcase sites to show symbiostockers the improvements.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.