Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@leo wrote:

That reminds me – I’m going to need some showcase sites to show symbiostockers the improvements.

Hi Leo, you can use my site as well. I just got my live site converted over to 2.8.1. This theme is REALLY awesome. Everything on my site is customized using standard features except one thing. I removed the “content-area ss-home-main row” right under the slider. This brought the 3 CTA’s up under the slider. I edited and removed that row from the page-home0.php in the child them.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant
    Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Leo – the link takes me to GitHub but I don’t know what I’m supposed to download. Dragonfly automatically gives me the download link. Can you please point me in the right direction to download 2.8.2?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ve updated the 2.8.2 link for you.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Just uptdated to 2.8.2 without any problems … first thing I realized: The product table and community links changed from blue to grey: I LOVE IT 🙂

I installed dragonfly as well, but as I won’t have much time today I don’t dare to activate it right now … I guess activation of dragonfly will override my css, right?

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

On the Author information drop down is an option for Gallery page. This is a link to:

http://quailrunphoto.com/profile-gallery/

Unfortunately I don’t have this. Can you point me to where I can create this?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

Just uptdated to 2.8.2 without any problems … first thing I realized: The product table and community links changed from blue to grey: I LOVE IT 🙂

I installed dragonfly as well, but as I won’t have much time today I don’t dare to activate it right now … I guess activation of dragonfly will override my css, right?

You can move your CSS right into dragonfly (below all the other css) using the Admin->Appearance->Edit option.

When Symbio was first put out there it had the “Symbiostock Child Theme” available for those who wanted to customize. This Dragonfly one replaces it, being far more flexible and useful.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@quailrunphotos wrote:

On the Author information drop down is an option for Gallery page. This is a link to:

http://quailrunphoto.com/profile-gallery/

Unfortunately I don’t have this. Can you point me to where I can create this?

This is in your user settings –> bottom of page.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

I won’t have the time today to check out dragonfly, but having ELEVEN basic layouts is a great improvement,
    Big step forward for the appearance of our network I think 🙂

The biggest problem I see right now is the response time of the product table: It takes “ages” till the selected size is actually showing up (ages=about 2 seconds on my site)

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If thats a theme issue I’ll get it covered. Last I knew it was still up in the air as to whether it was a theme or site issue.

I wonder if our silent heros AJT or Cascoly have seen anything?

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

I think it’s a theme issue … I never experienced it on 2.6 or before, but immediately after installing 2.7.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Leo, could we have a “Popular Images” widget? It could be just a duplicate of “Featured Images” … we create a category called “Popular Images” and the images of this category are showcased in the widget … I already use “Popular Images” on my frontpage, but it is self-made and I don’t like it very much 😀 (for example I didn’t manage to make it work properly on mobile devices)

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

V 2.8.2. PP 1.2.3. IT’S UP, I’VE DONE IT 😀

……….. and what is more I do not seem to have broken it this time which is even better ! I can also upload and process images again.

Categories

It seems that child categories are not showing in this version

I cannot find a way around this

~~~~~~

One thing I have not yet managed (and does break it) is editing the content-image.php – to add model release/exclusivity status.

I have tried adding it into the dragonfly child theme (both of them as they seem to be duplicated inside each other), the inner one has no effect, the outer loses the contents of the single image page completely, as does replacing it in its main theme.

I have got around it by not using Dragonfly.
    ~~

Categories, still show all subcategories if in top static header

I have got around it by not including subcategories in the top header

~~~

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Most of the categories in my header have disappeared – AGAIN! If anyone has the code that is supposed to bring them back in their .htaccess could they please send me a copy as I tried the snipped Martha posted but it has not helped

I should have Food, Nature, link to my site, link to prints and something else in the header

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ll see if I can get you an image-template page today that your site recognizes. It should recognize any duplicate template you put in the child theme!

Regarding your menus – they are only meant to go 1 level down. That is, one dropdown. Its a modern day thing with devices – multi-level drop downs are not being used much. I could have instituted it, but I decided to stick with the standard.

Are the 1st level ones disappearing to?

Also I found a bug:

FRONT PAGE some widgets are listing 7 across — not 6, messing up alignment.

Will fix today along with a few other concerns mentioned.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.