Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I do understand the need to evolve, but I would like to see important problems be addressed first before continuing to add features that dont make the money. The licencing is what makes us money, at the moment the licencing system is not working, that needs to be addressed asap. Pretty stuff can be done later 🙂

I second this. I’m not uploading any more images for now that don’t fall under the standard licence. Firstly the licences are not set on purchase and there is no way to attach a licence to a file except to do it manually and then set prices on every image that is not default. This is very time consuming. We need that the custom licences be editable and also be applied like a template to uploads.

I feel this is currently the most pressing issue with the theme.

Please Leo, can we fix this?

Jo

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

It would also be nice to know if the png/jpg bug will be fixed or if I should just dump all my png’s ?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I do understand the need to evolve, but I would like to see important problems be addressed first before continuing to add features that dont make the money. The licencing is what makes us money, at the moment the licencing system is not working, that needs to be addressed asap. Pretty stuff can be done later 🙂

I agree. I just report what comes to my attention … I’m sure Leo will know how to set priorities 😉

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@ajt wrote:

@jsfoto wrote:

– The network search results show up in random order. I have symbiostock. info in my first network slot but it does not appear directly under the search results of my own site.

I’ve made an option for this, now it’s waiting for Leo acceptation (or not :)).
    The advantage of random order is that results are shown in not “true random” order really, but in order they arrive from network sites, so people aren’t waiting long for first results, they are often almost immediately. In order of sites as entered in network list, code waits for results from all sites first (up to 5s), then displays them (and sometimes waits again for slow responding sites, but this happen in random order too).

That makes sense to me, but perhaps we could have the option to fix symbiostock.info on first level?

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

That makes sense to me, but perhaps we could have the option to fix symbiostock.info on first level?

There will be option to leave random order (as now) or set order from network settings, so you can place sy.info in first place if you wish.

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

I’d like to place symbiostock.info in first place and have the rest random.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@donland wrote:

I was planning a plugin for network sites management – order, number of sites and other functions. Maybe in this year…

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

Sounds great. I’d actually prefer the network search to show up in a single large random group, so it looks more integrated. That way the only link I would need is the global so there would no longer need to be separate links to only 10 networked friends. This would certainly help clients find the image they need and stay within the network.

The only caveat about this is I’d also like to be able to block certain sites if necessary.

While I’m at it, is there a way to show more than 24 images on a page?

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@donland wrote:

You need to purchase the code infuser and then there is a piece code you can infuse to set the number of images per page.

At least, I had to pay for it, it seems its now implemented on sites for free.

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

@donland wrote:

You need to purchase the code infuser and then there is a piece code you can infuse to set the number of images per page.

I only need to change the number of images per page, so the infuser is a bit over the top for me for just that. Hopefully someone knows the necessary code and will share it!

thanks!

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

The code is on the same website where you purchase the infuser.

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

The code is on the same website where you purchase the infuser.

Thanks, I saw that but it looks like that code requires the infuser.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@donland wrote:

That would be the best way I think

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@donland wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

@donland wrote:

I only need to change the number of images per page, so the infuser is a bit over the top for me for just that. Hopefully someone knows the necessary code and will share it!

thanks!

This was from an earlier version of symbiostock, but you can edit code to make the change if you’re up for it

http://www.symbiostock.org/post/1359/#p1359

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

@donland wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

thanks!

Ok, so I cheated. I simply went to the parent theme, functions.php, did a search for 24 and changed both instances to 48. I’ll probably go bigger….

thanks!

This was from an earlier version of symbiostock, but you can edit code to make the change if you’re up for it

http://www.symbiostock.org/post/1359/#p1359

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.