Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

I’ve updated everything and it works fine, except the related products, they don’t show up.

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

I’ve updated everything and it works fine, except the related products, they don’t show up.

I have the same problem with related products on my site after updating. I have verified that settings should be correct – on my test server related products is working fine with same settings.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Looking into it guys

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So Mark – on your server I disabled the Symbiostock enhanced related products and it still does not show. This means it is completely theme related. Still checking, just letting you know.

Now, I can’t immediately test this, because it’s complicated, but WooCommerce (unfortunately) caches all related product searches and updates it only once every 30 days I think. There is no way to change this without hard coding a change in the WooCommerce core code.

My first assumption is that it has cached the query and is not doing a new query until that expires. Let me see how to clear it and see if that’s the problem.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Okay, so I went to WooCommerce > System Status > Tools and cleared your transients. This did not fix the issue, and I can confirm that WooCommerce is performing the related posts query. Appears to be theme related. Still looking into it.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Still not sure exactly what it is – however, I can confirm that it has something to do with the new related posts update.

For now, do two things to revert back to WooCommerce’s default related posts if you are experiencing this issue:

1) Disable the Symbiostock enhanced search in your Symbiostock > Settings page

2) Clear all WooCommerce transients via WooCommerce > System status > Tools.

Your related posts should then show up, but not be all that related. I’ll update you when I figure out why this may be happening for some of you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Some more info:

I’ve tested this on PLUS and on our independent test server and I cannot reproduce the same issue. Therefore, I have no idea why it is happening.

However, I can confirm that it is NOT theme related. It has something to do with the related posts upgrade.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Issue is resolved through this thread:

http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/related-posts-not-working/

Likely your postmeta tables are InnoDB.

To summarize, the issue is related to the specific mySQL version you are using on your server, and the default table type it uses to store data.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.