Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Checks to perform in this order:

1) Symbiostock related posts indexes once a day. If you want to force it to index on your processor, edit tools-cron.php and uncomment the:

//$GLOBALS[“ss_runall”] = 1;

line. Then run your processor.

2) WooCommerce caches all related posts queries for 30 days or so. You must then clear transients to see fresh results. Go to WooCommerce > System Status > Tools and clear all transients.

3) Symbiostock’s related posts system utilizes fulltext searches and accordingly requires your postmeta table to be a MyISAM table. If it is any other, including InnoDB, the improved related posts function will not work. To convert your table from InnoDB to MyISAM, you can do this via phpMyAdmin

http://www.electrictoolbox.com/mysql-change-table-storage-engine/

or via a direct MySQL command:

ALTER TABLE wp_postmeta ENGINE = MyISAM

Where wp_postmeta is the name of your postmeta table (it may be different depending on the prefix you chose during install). It is additionally recommended that you convert all your WordPress tables to MyISAM so that cross table queries work more efficiently. It may be prudent to backup your tables and turn off your site while this conversion occurs to minimize issues. If you do choose to do this, it is at your own risk, though it is a relatively safe conversion (I have done it numerous times without issue). In terms of efficiency, MyISAM is the default MySQL storage type, and all our PLUS servers run on it exclusively. For more information, check this article:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/storage-engines.html

If you do not want to alter the table type, you should disable the Symbiostock powered related posts function and clear your WooCommerce transients.

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Thank you!

The direct MySQL command “ALTER TABLE wp_postmeta ENGINE = MyISAM” did the trick and now related products is working!

Henri

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As posted above, it is recommended you convert your entire WordPress database to MyISAM to minimize the overhead created from mixing different types. But thanks for letting me know it fixed it.

Profile photo of Henri
    Henri
    Participant

Do you mean that I run the MySQL command for all 25 tables? How I can then check if it has changed those tables to MyISAM? I don’t have phpMyAdmin installed on that server and instead of that I use Webmin on my CentOS Linux server.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

After running the command on all your tables, just run:

SHOW TABLE STATUS

This will tell you if they have all converted. You can do it after each command too if you want to be safe and check each one. Again, maybe make a copy of the entire database as a backup in case.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.