Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

hi Robin,

thanks for the update – but i have various problems and can not go live with that. I tested with my dev site and my live site and got a very diffuse license table. the core problem is, that the classic radio buttons are not visible. even if i try to select them in theme options. i always get the look with outlines.

Please could you make the old radio buttons available as it was in ss express 4.0 ?
    Or could you at least make sure that a clean structured table with distances is displayed ?

and i also have further important problems: At my two sites with ss express 5.0 will not display cart & checkout sites – i dont know why.. but i have to check further because i have various css & php snippets..

Symbiostock express licens tables

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Hebstreit,

Thank you for sharing the images of the dev and live sites – it helps a lot with support. First thing’s first – the reason we have had to change the radio buttons is two fold:

1) The old radio styles do not work effectively with the new WooCommerce – this is simply a WooCommerce issue, and something we may look to add as a feature in the future, but for now feel that the change in display is a good one.

2) The main benefit of the new style is that it prevents any size issues on mobile devices – some people have longer names for their licenses, and with all the columns visible there needs to be the ability for the values to scale in order to prevent it moving outside the screen. Now this will not happen.

With regards to the second image you have up there – the design can all be fixed with some CSS tweaking – it looks like you have display:block entered into your CSS for those fields. If you change that, you should be able to get them on a singular line. Secondly, if you want them to line up exactly as a table should, you can easily give them all a minimum width (lets say 200px) which will make them all line up. In this case, it will look nearly identical to the old version minus the radio button itself.

You can also PM me your dev site information (let me know on here that you have) and I can take a look to see what can be tweaked for you.

Hebstreit
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification and guidance on improving the license display. I can work well with the CSS properties and will get a usable table.

Ok, then the old radio button style is obsolete.

Now the problem remains that no WooCommerce system pages are displayed to me with the new Express theme. It affects the user login as well as cart & checkout. The same problem occurs on my live server and it does not exist with the 4.0 Express Theme.

I’ll send you via PM the access to my dev page. Can you tell me what the problem is or fix it directly?

Many thanks & greetings

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Hebstreit,

I’m taking a look at your site – the way you’ve done the CSS for Express looks positively beautiful!

I can confirm that the cart, my account, and other WooCommerce pages are not working, but this has nothing to do with Symbiostock or Symbiostock Express. After disabling all of those plugins and themes, the cart page and my account page still do not show up. This means you have some customization, or some plugin that is affecting (or has affected) the way these pages work.

Let me know if you concur.

Hebstreit
    Participant

Hi Robin,

ok, I’ve tested and uuurg – it seems to be a problem with permalinks. Either a plugin or the WooCommerce update has changed there something. .. for the moment, –> please @all: be careful with plugins and updates :/

Now, i have to order a bottle of wine and will be get time in the next weeks before I will update my shop / to fix this and then later I will also test the arb-license topic..

This here should be resolved.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks Hebstreit – now you see precisely why we do not update Symbiostock with every WooCommerce update – although we ensure Symbiostock is fully tested, other plugin developers including the WooCommerce people do not do robust testing which can lead to unforeseen bugs like this, where now you have to spend time and energy figuring out why the shop pages are no longer working.

It is another testament as to why the current state where people are releasing new versions every week is not only pointless, it is destructive, because it allows them to release untested software. Robust quality control is near nonexistent in the WordPress developer arena now.

Hebstreit
    Participant

..after modifying my licese naming, i got this CSS for my Express theme/license table. Feel free to copy and edit :

/*Product License Price Table*/
    .kad_radio_variations {
    background-color: #f5f5f5;
    padding: 10px 8px 10px 10px;
    border-radius: 10px;
    text-align: center;
    vertical-align: middle;
    margin-bottom:20px;
    }
    /*Product Column1 Licenses*/
    .variations .kad_radio_variations label {
    min-width: 80px;
    padding: 6px 10px;
    margin: 10px 5px 5px;
    border-radius: 0px;
    }

/*selected RadioFields*/
    .kad_radio_variations .selectedValue {
    border-color: #ccc !important;
    }

/*Product Column 2 License Type*/
    .sse_butt.sse_product_license_type {
    height: 5px;
    max-width: 80px;
    text-align: left;
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-right: 20px;
    font-size: 0.8em;
    line-height: 1.2em;
    }
    /*Product Column 3 Resolution*/
    .sse_butt.sse_product_license_resolution {
    max-width: 90px;
    text-align: center;
    font-size: 0.9em;
    line-height: 1.2em;
    }
    /*Product Column 4 Price*/
    .sse_butt.sse_product_license_price {
    max-width: 90px;
    text-align: right;
    }

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Hebstreit – thank you very much for that. We have added that to the core and released as 5.0.2 with a credit to you. 🙂

Profile photo of Sergey Rodionov
    Sergey Rodionov
    Participant

Hi Robin, I have the same problem with the license buttons structure as Hebstreit (here is the screenshot – https://prnt.sc/11510se).
    Can you help me with this?

Thank you

Hebstreit
    Participant

Hi Sergey, I fixed this problem after deleting the css code in the browser and server caches.

with kind regards

Profile photo of Sergey Rodionov
    Sergey Rodionov
    Participant

Oh, big thanks Hebstreit!
    It worked! Turns out it’s so simple 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.