Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@semmickphoto wrote:

Here are the explanations of my customer

Ronald Semmick,

Thank you very much for your reply and for offering a discount on your print image.

I am having difficulty using the password login to purchase these via your website.

Thanks,

Hi Ronald,

I wasn’t able to login. It would not accept the password provided. I have requested a new password and will try that as soon I receive it.

Thank you,

Please send confirmation email.

This is the third email that takes me back to the same login an request for a reset. The original password sent to me does not work. It is rejected and I cannot access the site to purchase photos. Please advise or correct this problem.

This password is repeatedly rejected and the reset process does not lead to a password. I cannot login to the site. Please help.

This is contrary to what I experienced on Ron’s site when asking for a reset of the password. I instantly got the e-mail with the link to reset, clicked on it, was taken to a password reset screen on Ron’s site, entered my new password and confirmed it, processed the request and was taken to Ron’s site. Logged out, and logged back in successfully with my chosen password.

Could it be a problem with the buyer’s cookie settings that was blocking some of the process?

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

After running the sequence that Leo had suggested, I now do not get any emails from the registration to the new user or to me as the admin.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@leo wrote:

@thp wrote:

Yes, can register fine, but the password that is emailed is totally different to what is entered.

Thanks. Comments like these will help me widdle it down. If we are all on wp 3.9 and upgraded then it will be easier to narrow it down to the cause.

Just to clarify don’t click “YES” on the pole if you get a different pass in email than you registered with.

Getting a different password than what I registered with.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Shotupdave and dp69, if you post a link to your websites I will try to register and see if I get the same results or if I get the same password I registered with.

dp69_2001
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

Shotupdave and dp69, if you post a link to your websites I will try to register and see if I get the same results or if I get the same password I registered with.

1dollarimages.com

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I completed the poll as “yes” but then did more tests. Like the others, it is the error handling that is working incorrectly.

I created a new account with an new email – everything worked, paypal, download etc.

I then logged out and tried to buy an image. In the pop up I entered a new user name but used the same email as the first one. As expected, up popped the error screen. This time I used the same new user name and a new email. I was logged in, could buy the image (I didn’t go all the way through the process but I think it would have worked) and I assume I could have downloaded my image. However, in the meantime I had an email with my user name and a generated password.

So, I logged out, and tried to log in again. Neither my chosen password or my generated password now work – I’m locked out as that particular user.

As the final step, I tried to reset my password. This asks for the User Name (which is fine) and I was emailed a link to reset my password. I did this and could then login using my reset password. Only downside of this is that I was taken to the Profile part of the admin area. Not a great place for a user to be taken. If Leo is able to fix this error, is there a way we can force the password reset option to take the user to the home page at a minimum rather than into Admin.

STeve

dp69_2001
    Participant

@steveh wrote:

is there a way we can force the password reset option to take the user to the home page at a minimum rather than into Admin.

STeve

That is a good point. I was moved to the back to the back end to log in again during my evaluation of the problem. Which is probably really confusing for some end users. I wonder if fixing that could be complex enough to add a string of new problems, including being locked out of our own sites though … :/

shotupdave
    Participant

I had the problem with the new upgrade and moved backwards to 3.0, still the same problems

dp69_2001
    Participant

@shotupdave wrote:

I had the problem with the new upgrade and moved backwards to 3.0, still the same problems

After all of this, I’m wondering why we’re even trying to develop this on wordpress.

I think even Leo could agree that it probably would have been easier to write a new application.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

4 people down, 6 up. For those of you who are down, please set me up with an admin account (leo[at]symbiostock.com) and we’ll get this straightened out.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Leo

I suspect all the sites are actually the same – it works properly if you choose an email and user name that are unique (as most people should), but if you go to the error handling page (because of a clash with an existing account) then it goes wrong. My experience in testing my own site demonstrated that. You still have the admin details of my site – feel free to investigate there

STeve

shotupdave
    Participant

I just found a another interesting thing. I setup a test site. And everything works fine. i have tried creating new accounts on my tablet and a computer that has never been onmy site and when I eneter a new account no email is sent out.

Profile photo of scenicoregon
    scenicoregon
    Participant

I got mine to work now, no generation of random password, customer-selected password works. The bug occurred when I updated from 2.x to 3.x, but had not deleted the old emailer per these instructions:
    http://www.symbiostock.org/community/viewtopic.php?p=4683#p4683

To fix, I switched the theme to a WP default theme, deleted the email pluglin (**that’s important!**), then turned my Symbiostock child theme back on. It wanted to reinstall the email plugin right away, let it and it’ll put the correct new one in.

Also, the “a password will be emailed to you” message on the registration can be changed by going to Appearance>editor>Symbiostock (on the right in blue)>register_symbiostock.php (again, on the right in blue). Look through the code there and you change the note at the bottom of the registration form to whatever you want. I believe this is editing a parent theme template, so when it updates I’d gather that you’ll have to go change it again. Also, I have the Pro version, I don’t know if you have access to edit these templates without the Pro version.

Works for me, now, much thanks to Jo Ann Snover who spent a lot of time helping me out with it.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m glad to hear you got up and running again. Especially grateful to JoAnne and anyone else who is helping at this time. Right now I’m working full time on other things, so I appreciate you all working together.

As for the few that sent me some admin accounts, I’ll be working on that soon.

dp69_2001
    Participant

@leo wrote:

4 people down, 6 up. For those of you who are down, please set me up with an admin account (leo[at]symbiostock.com) and we’ll get this straightened out.

Still the same as stated on the poll. I don’t know when Symbiostock turned into a place to be aggressive to each other the way we are. Almost turning it in to MSG.

Mine is still messed up as well as I said in the other thread on this issue. It is sending the randomly generated password for some reason …

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.