Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

When I upload images to my FTP folder they are process automatically but the thumbnails in the backend are blank and the product images on the site too.
    Here a screenshot of the backend, the first two images are new: http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2371792/a9e42310aed1180c2c02d421259731d7
    It worked well until the beginning of March but now it does not work anymore. I’m using WooCommerce version 2.6.14 and WordPress 4.7.3.
    In the Symbiostock Diagnostics everything is marked green, except WooCommerce version.
    Any ideas?

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Problem solved. I have W3 Total Cache plugin installed and it with some configuration it works again.

Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

Symbiostock funktioniert mit woo-commerce 2.5.5 und der aktuellen WordPress version. .. müsste aber hier irgendwo schon öfter beschrieben sein.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Hey for about 3 weeks now I have the same problem. Processed 3,500 images fine before that but now randomly some will fail to have a thumbnail or product image.

Any tips on how you fixed it? Robin any thoughts? Nothing has changed that I’m aware of around that time period on my site. I had my developer turn on the Symbol debug option but he couldn’t find any useful errors being reported.

Thanks a lot.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

THPStock
    Participant

Hi Chris thanks for your input.

However, this must be a different issue as I have always just had hundreds of images sitting in my FTP and each day a few get processed.

Robin any thoughts?

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Symbiostock adds the files to the database then produces the thumbnails – if the thumbnails don’t get created then the processor is not getting to that stage. An error would pop up if the file was corrupted, so that means the processor was interrupted mid scripts. That is usually a memory issue, or some other server limitation that is preventing the script from running.

I would suggest disabling cron and manually trying to run the processor to see if an error pops up, or if the script fails to finish.

THPStock
    Participant

ok ill give it a go now

THPStock
    Participant
    Memory at Start: 67M
    Load at Start: 1M
    0 new/updated images/videos parsed
    0 thumbnails re/generated
    Memory at End: 67M
    Memory Peak: 83M

can’t seem to get it to actually process an image running the command manually

Load at End: 1M

THPStock
    Participant

Robin is it possible for you to take a look yourself? I can give you a login

THPStock
    Participant

ok just ran the diagnostic tests from the Settings page of Symbiostock and the image processing doesn’t work for any of them other than the metadata read….

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Okay, that’s a problem with your server then. I have no clue why that would happen, but if the diagnostic does not work, then it has nothing to do with Symbiostock.

You mean the JPEG is not rendering when you run the diagnostic?

That’s very strange. Enable debug via wp-config.php and run the diagnostic again. See if an error pops up.

THPStock
    Participant

Thanks Robin, I have talked to my host and the problem seems to have improved, but time will tell.

Just FYI while I have WP_DEBUG turned on, I am getting the following symbio errors being reported on the System page of Symbio :

Notice: Undefined index: ss_removewooprompt in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 125

Notice: Undefined index: ss_removewpupgr in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 127

Notice: Undefined index: ss_resetcron in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 131

Notice: Undefined index: ss_resetcroncode in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 132

and this one:

Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 1273

on the diagnostic page. Also the diagnostics still don’t work, even tho I seem to be able to process images now

THPStock
    Participant

ok this is weird…

in Symbio-System tab, if I turn “Processor Error Reporting” OFF (but with WP_DEBUG still turned on) and then click the cron job to run manually I get an almost endless list of this:

Notice: Undefined variable: processedsales in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-cron.php on line 157

Notice: Undefined index: currSSV in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-ftp.php on line 381

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-ftp.php on line 381

Notice: Undefined index: currSSV in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-ftp.php on line 381

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home3/thpstock/public_html/microstockman.com/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-ftp.php on line 381

( I didn’t paste it all here as its really long)

If I turn on “Processor Error Reporting” then that screen appears normal when I click the manual cron job to run.

It seems to be working opposite to how it should!? Or am i missing something.

THPStock
    Participant

So image processing (via manual link click) seemed to work when the cron job was removed. Now I added it back and neither seem to work. Im out of ideas.

Host keeps referring me back to you as the plugin developer.

Any chance you want to take a closer look Robin?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – notices are not errors, they mean nothing. Only warnings or critical errors are of relevance.

If software works, and nothing is changed, and then it suddenly stops working, it can’t be the software. It must be the server, especially if the diagnostic tool does not work because it has nothing to do with your images or anything. The diagnostic tool exists specifically to diagnose your server. That is failing, meaning, your server is failing. It could also be third party plugins, or other changes implemented on your system.

I sympathize with the fact that your host is not providing assistance, but as we provide plenty of support to Symbiostock Hosting clients, we can’t do your web host’s job for them. They have an obligation to help you diagnose the problem.

An alternative is to submit a paid support request, then we can try to jump in there and figure out exactly what’s going on. But I can nearly guarantee you right now that it will end up being a hosting issue. If it ends up being a bug in Symbiostock, we will refund the cost of your paid support request.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.