Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Added to the list by Jo Rodrigues

The top menus should transform for Mobiles in the proper, Bootstrap 3 way

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

NOTE: With next update — please set up a twitter posting list, and tell me if it is doing it daily, automatically, now. I switched around some things.

It *appears* the issue was this:

That function is registered to run AFTER your site’s daily update. However some people’s sites may not be completing the daily update properly, so the twitter list never gets touched, but it’s parent function times out before it makes it there.

Anyone who can test things (after tonight’s release) please update me becaues this is very important.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

YES!!! Finally, the involuntary-image-size bug is FIXED! Hopefully I tackled the one everyone is talking about 😀

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

— I echo the comments about the batch editor – I can’t offer extended licenses because of bugs. I think it’s very important to be able to set a default for licenses so that all new uploads get your choice of licenses without requiring a trip to the batch editor. Something appeared in the UI for that but it has never worked.

— PicturEngine integration may not be a priority (I think Justin said only 16 sites of over 160 have signed up for the trial) but it needs to be simpler – I think it needs to operate like the site map. You turn the option on and it just updates every 24 hours automatically.

— I looked at Cascoly’s list and for item 31 (showing model/property releases on the image page), I’ve implemented that for my site – see this example

http://www.digitalbristles.com/image/boat-ramp-into-lake-at-sunrise/

The code for that is on GitHub if you want to grab it. This isn’t a high priority for me as I already have it 🙂

— I made widget changes for Similar and Latest images so it’d ask you for number of images (and number of columns) as a number of people had asked about changing that. Some people don’t like modifying the code, so although this isn’t a bug fix, it’d be nice to see it incorporated in the theme if that’s possible

See this thread for info viewtopic.php?f=5&t=998

— Lots of people have asked about changing the number of images per page in search results/category listings. Rather than changing code, how about a UI option (like for the text on the download/add to cart button) that lets the user pick?

— Sort search results by Newest, Ranking (1 2 and 3) or Random

— Remove hardwired horizontal rules from the code so formatting is entirely CSS driven

–Can you incorporate the fixes to schema.org categories that were giving structured data errors in Google’s rich snippets tool? It’d be nice also to have the changes for establishing Google Authorship (see my blog poston that). The code parts are in items 5(b) 6 and 7.

This forum post talks about the code changes to get rid of the last two errors (there was a more detailed post on that in the old forum). The files are on GitHub

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=993&p=9773

I have more small fixes that I’ll not mention unless you run out of things to do 🙂

This is quite a valuable set of things you’ve done. After bug hunting I’m going to go through the theme and do implementations like this. For organization’s sake, I’m going to make a new thread were we can collect things like this into one reference, allowing me to put them in quickly and properly.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Very glad the size bug seems fixed Leo! Can’t wait for that update! 🙂

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Try it out now please.

I’m going through the other things mentioned, in the meantime — I’ve committed the Twitter Queue Bug / Size Hijack fixes.

THPStock
    Participant

Seems to have worked Leo!

The pro plugin I think has an issue with the version number – it does update but keeps showing up as needing to update.

Also, the batch editor still doesn’t seem to be able to set a license as the default license.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

For some reason I’ve have to log in to this board repeatedly today, and I keep losing the ability to upload to my site and then it comes back again.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@thp wrote:

Also, the batch editor still doesn’t seem to be able to set a license as the default license.

I only addressed the hijacking thing so far.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

For some reason I’ve have to log in to this board repeatedly today, and I keep losing the ability to upload to my site and then it comes back again.

How often does this happen?

Also I checked the logs — it does not show that you are blocked or being filtered in any way. Let me know if you keep having the problems.

THPStock
    Participant

@leo wrote:

@thp wrote:

I only addressed the hijacking thing so far.

Cool. In that case well done!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Also – even if you wouldn’t do an automated daily twitter queue, can you give that a test too? My super-server is pimped out with every sort of geeky embelishment possible, so its hardly fair to say “it works for me!” 🙄

THPStock
    Participant

I’ve never been able to get it to work, but I’ll try again

THPStock
    Participant

I’ve just added a bunch to my queue, will see if it publishes at some point.

There is bugs in adding it in the queue though. I deleted what was in there initially, then added more, but the original deleted ones showed back up. It would be good to have a ‘remove all from queue’ button too.

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Hi Leo, thank you for wrestling the remaining bugs 😀 .

Regarding the Twitter bug I found the following in my server’s error.log (blue host, a twitter queue is stuck there for a long time):

[18-Jan-2014 08:29:08 UTC] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1810) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [18-Jan-2014 08:29:08 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1810) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [19-Jan-2014 08:28:33 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1807) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [19-Jan-2014 08:28:33 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1807) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [20-Jan-2014 08:31:52 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1810) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [20-Jan-2014 08:31:52 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1810) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [21-Jan-2014 08:29:13 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1807) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [21-Jan-2014 08:29:13 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1807) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [22-Jan-2014 08:29:39 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1807) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58
    [22-Jan-2014 08:29:39 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php:1807) in /home1/igitalp6/public_html/imagoborealis/wp-content/plugins/ss-professional/lib/twitter-manager/functions.php on line 58

This is SYS version 2.6.5 and pro plugin 1.2.2, though 😳 . I just hope it helps….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.