Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Tuesday – Friday, Possibly Saturday: I break out this Rubik’s Cube of code and solve the remaining issues.

http://cascoly.com/symbio/progress.asp

I don’t always see the same bugs you do – it might be my server or localhost… so be specific if you feel I might overlook something — the conditions which cause a given bug.

REVISIONS MADE:

Defaults enabled for licenses (Batch Editor).

Involuntary image size bug fixed (Batch Editor).

“Remove From Category” option added (Batch Editor)

SEO Text now updates properly (Batch Editor)

Navbars are now properly responsive, and look great on handheld devices.

Translation enabled for size types. Renamable size types avaible through BEE->SETTINGS area.

Twitter Daily Posting Queue — should work in all situations (previously it didn’t work in most environments) (REQUIRES TESTING)

Safari customers sometimes get a “.html” appended to their downloads, messing up the file. This should be fixed now. (REQUIRES TESTING)

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Sounds good. Hope the batch editor fixes remain high on the priority list.

Thanks again Leo, hope the code crunching goes well 🙂

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Its the HIGHEST 😀 Literally.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

— I echo the comments about the batch editor – I can’t offer extended licenses because of bugs. I think it’s very important to be able to set a default for licenses so that all new uploads get your choice of licenses without requiring a trip to the batch editor. Something appeared in the UI for that but it has never worked.

— PicturEngine integration may not be a priority (I think Justin said only 16 sites of over 160 have signed up for the trial) but it needs to be simpler – I think it needs to operate like the site map. You turn the option on and it just updates every 24 hours automatically.

— I looked at Cascoly’s list and for item 31 (showing model/property releases on the image page), I’ve implemented that for my site – see this example

http://www.digitalbristles.com/image/boat-ramp-into-lake-at-sunrise/

The code for that is on GitHub if you want to grab it. This isn’t a high priority for me as I already have it 🙂

— I made widget changes for Similar and Latest images so it’d ask you for number of images (and number of columns) as a number of people had asked about changing that. Some people don’t like modifying the code, so although this isn’t a bug fix, it’d be nice to see it incorporated in the theme if that’s possible

See this thread for info viewtopic.php?f=5&t=998

— Lots of people have asked about changing the number of images per page in search results/category listings. Rather than changing code, how about a UI option (like for the text on the download/add to cart button) that lets the user pick?

— Sort search results by Newest, Ranking (1 2 and 3) or Random

— Remove hardwired horizontal rules from the code so formatting is entirely CSS driven

–Can you incorporate the fixes to schema.org categories that were giving structured data errors in Google’s rich snippets tool? It’d be nice also to have the changes for establishing Google Authorship (see my blog poston that). The code parts are in items 5(b) 6 and 7.

This forum post talks about the code changes to get rid of the last two errors (there was a more detailed post on that in the old forum). The files are on GitHub

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=993&p=9773

I have more small fixes that I’ll not mention unless you run out of things to do 🙂

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

I’d like to ask you to give a look into these threads:

1. [Edited] Solved – Not a bug [/Edited]

2. Ideas for Symbiostock by Lucato.

3. Log in pop-up screen errors

4. [BUG] “Append Text to Tittle” isn’t changing.

That’s all for a while, if I remember something else, I’ll post here.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Another longstanding problem

png and jpg – if you upload and try and offer both only png’s usually show up on image page.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Please, give a look also at:

[BUG] issues into default.po file

Thanks.

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Leo, once you’re going to “change codes”, and introduce soon the default.po I’d like to suggest you to add in files which controls the HOME PAGE like the page-home0.php where we have #3 – Create Main Content and #6 – Calls to action! (3 Points), tittles and body fields and place in their codes the __( ), so user will be able to use Qtranslation plugin to translate for multilingual site these tittles and bodies. So, you would change in the code for example from page-home0.php

Line 97 from:

ss_cta_one_title ?>

To:

ss_cta_one_title) ?>

Line 105 from:

ss_cta_one ?>

to:

ss_cta_one) ?>

The same for lines 125, 133,153, 161

Well, just a suggestion.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Happy to see you working on the list, Leo. Good luck 🙂

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’m glad to see that Leo seems to get his spirit back. Wishing you lots of energy and good ideas. Thank you for all you do.

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

Some versions of Safari changing the extension to . HTML is costing me and others customers and causing headaches. Hoping you will find some time to explore this problem as well. Thanks Leo

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I agree. Several people (including me) have had sales that couldn’t be downloaded properly.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I forgot to mention a bug lots of people have mentioned in the forums – not all sites see this (I haven’t, for example).

There is no limit to items in a page (the whole category or their whole portfolio, even if it’s hundreds of images) – at least until they get a white screen of death because they’re out of resources 🙂 Another flavor of this is that they get just 10 images per page instead of 24

The “workaround” is to disable the cart manager.

They always ask what they’re losing by disabling this, and the honest answer is not much, but perhaps if someone had tons of abandoned carts on their site it’d be good to know that and they can’t if they’re one of the sites with this bug.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I have moved some of the Bug posts to this new section of the forum – if there are more please PM me with the URL

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thank you everyone for listing things consicely, and helping me organize a bit. I’m glad there are a lot of eyes out there keeping track of these threads / issues. I’ll be in touch as I commit changes and explain whatever developments happen. Its going to be a busy few weeks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.