Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@thp wrote:

You’re right! Worked, thanks for that Tim, think I must have been not ticking the square box on the Default section of the license that I didn’t want as default (if that makes ANY sense!)

Cheers

Cool, glad it worked 🙂

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I wasn’t sure I understood what you were outlining, but after reading it a few times I gave it a try and yes, it does work now when multiple images are selected.

The way I think I’d phrase what you have to do to get a license default to be set: When setting up licenses and setting the default license, check every “edit this item” box, including the one for the radio button(s) of licenses you do NOT want to be the default – otherwise no default is set

I think the UI isn’t right for this part of the dialog – you shouldn’t be able to check boxes that cause things to fail to set a default – but given a predictable workaround, it’s a low priority to fix IMO

And I checked the model/property release settings, sizes and other information (that I didn’t want to modify) and it appears it was correctly left alone 🙂

However, there’s still a bug 🙁

I found a category of images that had been affected by the now fixed bug where all sizes were made the same as full size, so I used the batch editor to set the blog, small and medium to the correct sizes

The size change worked, but it wiped out my license settings!

I did check Edit specific settings in the Settings & Prices dialog and then checked only the boxes for the sizes for blog (it says bloggee), small and medium. I did nothing in any other area of the dialog.

License information should not have been changed

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Leo, the Widget FEATURE IMAGES SLIDER (LARGE), when shows a vertical image, it doesn’t show it centered. So, please fix the code by adding align=”center” in the div tag. Here is the place:

File: functions.php at /wp-content/themes/symbiostock

Add:
    align=”center”
    in the line 1261 (SYM V137), where the line will be like that:

class="symbiostock_carousel_ carousel slide col-md-12" align="center">

thanks.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

Description is not being updated??

My image started out with the desc “SONY DSC” which is imprinted by the camera. after uploading and processing,
    I edited it to a full paragraph and links to get http://cascoly-images.com/pix/image/pere-lachaise-statues-and-mausoleums-2/

however, when i list it under images, it still shows only the “SONY DSC” for description. worse, when i “view source”, several SEO items still list the original:

…………….
    similarly, if the image started with an actual short description, that remains in the page format no matter what changes i make to it. this means changes to the desc do not get picked up during SEO!?
    http://cascoly-images.com/pix/image/red-semi-truck-on-winter-road/

so it looks like descriptions used for SEO excerpts can’t be changed once the image is processed.

this also carries over to the duplicated exif functions — even after i edit an image to remove redundancies, they still remain in the source

======================
    UPDATE: looks like some of these problems are within the yoast generated variables — but the description listed in the images area is NOT being changed when in fact the description for the image has changed — and that holds even after doing an update to the public image files

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Minor pagination issue…

http://thpstockphotos.com/image-type/symbiostock-featured-images/page/3/

Notice where the bottom row of page links is now next to the image on the last row, rather than below it like on all the other pages. Checked it in safari and chrome.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

THPStock
    Participant

Another OLD bug still exists (don’t think it was ever attempted to fix).

Go to any user’s profile under the wordpress backend and you will see below the default info that YOUR (i.e.: the site’s author) Symbiostock extended info is displayed below the other users data. When you make an update to that user, it seems that your Symbio data gets attached to that user, and your author info instantly disappears from your author sections (i.e. on image pages, author page etc).

The symbio extended info section needs to only show up for the site’s author.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@thp wrote:

Minor pagination issue…

http://thpstockphotos.com/image-type/symbiostock-featured-images/page/3/

Notice where the bottom row of page links is now next to the image on the last row, rather than below it like on all the other pages. Checked it in safari and chrome.

I see the same thing

http://www.digitalbristles.com/image-type/caribbean-beaches/page/3/

This worked in 2.9.9 and I’m at 3.1.9 (you are at 3.2.2) so a relatively recent change broke this

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

I see the same thing

http://www.digitalbristles.com/image-type/caribbean-beaches/page/3/

This worked in 2.9.9 and I’m at 3.1.9 (you are at 3.2.2) so a relatively recent change broke this

I think that it was in earlier versions too.
    Here is 2.2.9 now:
    http://ajotte.com/symbiotest/?s=isolated&post_type=image&page=6

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Leo, if you are around: Could we have a place where you tell about particular changes in the most recent updates. I know you want to take a break from the forums, which I totally respect. But if we could have just short summaries of the changes you’ve made would be great 🙂

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

Leo, if you are around: Could we have a place where you tell about particular changes in the most recent updates. I know you want to take a break from the forums, which I totally respect. But if we could have just short summaries of the changes you’ve made would be great 🙂

I agree. A change log (history), would be great. When updating theme and clicking on theme “View version blablabla details”, it shows my site instead of the change log / history. ;0)

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Added to the list by Jo Rodrigues

The top menus should transform for Mobiles in the proper, Bootstrap 3 way

Oh I just saw this post now! Looks great now! Is there any way to apply the same code to the top most menu? I was thinking of reducing the items in the login/out menu so it looks better vertically!

Otherwise it works really well. I have tested it on my cell, 10″ Android tablet I got recently for writing, and at any sized browser on my PC 🙂

THPStock
    Participant

Bug thats existed for ages now, but I couldn’t see it on Cascoly’s list.

Problem with pagination when doing an image search or browsing categories on a site.

Eg: Go to any given category that has multiple pages of images, and then scroll through each page. You will notice some of the images show up on multiple pages. So an image you’ve already looked at on page 1, will appear again on say page 3 for instance.

I was trying to show a potential client my site some months ago and she noticed this issue. She wasn’t very impressed!

Hope this one can get looked at soon.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ve looked at this one multiple times.I think I have to get rid of the content filters to make it go away (yellow, green, etc) since it alters the query/results.

THPStock
    Participant

Can they be adjusted rather than removed to make it work? I think there is some value in the content filters.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

3.3.2 (and 3.3.1) clean new install

besides the multiple error messages in network scanner, images are not uploading & processing — it just goes to a screen that says ‘process images’ but nothing happens – sometimes 1 or 2 images appear in the images section, but no images

tried turning on &off plugins — but email notification wont deactivate! it says it is at the top but in the list it still is active — refresh or logging out/in doesn’t change it- cant get rid of the thing

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.