Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tracy
    Tracy
    Participant

Hi- I keep trying to upload my watermark file and it doesn’t seem to want to take. File complies with the requirements noted (PNG format, 150kb max. Recommended opacity: 15-30%). I’ve tried a number of different file sizes and it’s the same thing- once I upload the watermark file I want to use and hit Save, the page just reloads (and the Symbiostock sample watermark is still there).

On a similar note, if the Symbiostock sample watermark is showing, shouldn’t this appear on my thumbnails/product listing? Because currently NO watermark does despite not being able to replace the Symbiostock sample watermark that is currently appearing in my Thumbnail settings. Let me know, thanks.

Tracy (website: unodostrae.com)

Any ideas?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tracy,

Please make sure you refresh the page and/or clear your cache to ensure the correct logo is showing up.

Secondly, I did a test upload and see that the file was correctly watermarked with your watermark.

Let us know if any issues persist.

Profile photo of Tracy
    Tracy
    Participant

Re: Chrisroll- that’s what I was doing and it still wasn’t working for me. And yes, the watermark I’m trying to upload is a transparent PNG file. Thanks for the kind words though!

Re: Robin- I’ve refreshed the page and cleared cache on the test product I uploaded and it’s still not working.

I see the test image you uploaded- can you kindly walk me through the steps? From what I can tell (and this def might not be true since this is what I need help with), it almost looks like the watermark was uploaded w/ the image instead of Symbiostock applying the watermark to the image. What are the steps so I can replicate this process? Also, I noticed that your test product has different settings than the test product I uploaded (Simple Product vs Media). Your test product also has a Symbiostock tab in the Product Data section and mine doesn’t (despite uploading media under Symbiostock in the main nav). And I’ve tried uploading the watermark again and I still don’t see it working for me. Thanks so much.

Profile photo of Tracy
    Tracy
    Participant

Re: Robin- nevermind, now it’s working for some reason! Just uploaded another photo to test and now it seems to match the test product you uploaded. Guess I will delete the original test product I had uploaded to begin with since the settings don’t match. Thank you for your help and patience!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tracy,

The most important thing is to ensure the processor is running every minute via your system control panel (cPanel, Plesk etc).

If your first test product was a simple product then you definitely did not upload it via the Upload Media tab within the Symbiostock admin interface. It must have been added manually as an independent WooCommerce product in which case Symbiostock does not touch it.

I also noticed that you do not have any of the default licenses under the licenses tab – be aware that none of your products will appear for sale or be publicized unless you have at least one license applied to any given file.

Profile photo of Tracy
    Tracy
    Participant

Got it- thank you Robin! I finally got around to playing with Symbiostock just tonight so this is all very helpful. I see what you mean with the different types of uploads now and noted re: licenses. Will be sure to add those before I attempt to publish any of our products. Thank you so much for your help! Will let you know if there’s anything else I have trouble with.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

No worries Tracy – as always, if you want to give back to the project, the easiest way is to give us a great review on WordPress so others can benefit from your experiences:

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/symbiostock/reviews/

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Very nice site and authentic photography style, Tracy. Welcome to Symbiostock!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.