Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

With Symbiostock 2.1.7, the custom pricing module has been added. Now, contributors can choose from a set of tiers for each media type globally, and customize their price on individual products as well.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Robin

I think this is a good opportunity to simplify the pricing on my own site as well as for Symzio. What would be the steps to reduce the number of variants of file size for sale and adjust the pricing for my own site and for that to flow through to Symzio? Perhaps a little tutorial would help.

Steve

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

So where can we re-apply for Symzio? It seems like all the “Join Symzio” links take you either to the symzio.com homepage or to a login page I don’t have credentials for.
    This needs to be addressed anyway if Symzio wants new contributors. Or am I doing something wrong?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Steve: It’s quite easy actually – just go your Symzio settings and you can select your global pricing tier there. If you want to change the pricing on individual products, you can edit, quick edit, or bulk edit them.

The licensing system you have on Symbiostock has nothing to do with Symzio – all you are doing for Symzio is setting your RF Unlimited pricing tier. That’s it. So you can keep your Symbiostock pricing as it is, or synchronize it with Symzio in some manner. It’s totally up to you. On my site, I am not providing any RF licensing, but providing more sizes than Symzio.

Redneck: I’ve made it more clear that the login box is also the account creation box.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I’m doing a clean up on my own site to align the pricing a bit more with the Symzio one. I currently have 4 sizes and an extended license and I wanted to keep the two small sizes at $0.99 and $1.99 and delete one of the two larger JPEGs – changing the price of the other. With so many images I don’t want to mess this up.

So – I think I need to delete the unwanted license in Symbiostock: Licenses. Then edit the price of the largest JPEG using Edit on that page. That will ripple through all my images with nothing else for me to do?

I’ll then remove the images from Symzio that are RM on other sites so that everything is clean.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yep.

Mind you, none of the license changes apply to your media unless you click ‘update prices’ and ‘update licenses’. And once you click that, it may take some time for the system to run through everything. If it doesn’t complete, you may have to run it a few times. Not the best, but it’s the way WooCommerce works.

Also, when you delete a license, it runs through all your images to remove it – this can also hang and/or take some time.

An alternative if you encounter issues is to manually bulk re-save all your media once you change the licenses. That’s basically what the system is doing anyways, which is why it may sometimes hang.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Robin

One more thought on the RF license for the full size extended license. As Redneck and I explained, we will have to remove images that are only for sale as RM on some other sites. I was just starting to do that, when I realized that I only need to remove them from the full size extended RF license – they could still be sold as the one-use license for websites.

Is that feasible – to add a check box that permits their sale on Symzio as small web single use images, but withdraws them from the RF license? I ask because I have almost 2000 images that are being removed as I go through my editorial shots.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We’ll have to see – the inconsistency of having some images available as RF with others not on Symzio is a whole other discussion which I think we’ll have to assess carefully. You don’t want customers turned off because they are shopping for full sized images and only find the smaller size.

For now I think we’ll have to just stick with removing any images that you can’t put as RF and then deduce what the best choice is regarding this issue.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

OK – understood!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.