Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Valentin
    Valentin
    Participant

Hi,

Do you know when the plugin will be updated to match latest Woocommerce version?

Thank you,
    Valentin

Profile photo of Xavier
    Xavier
    Participant

Hello,
    Good question… No update of this plugin?.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I installed woocommerce 5.4.1 without any problems with Symbiostock.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – unless necessary, we do not constantly release updated versions of Symbiostock as stability is more important than the illusion of new features. Often, new versions of WooCommerce have bugs that have historically broken people’s sites, so we take our time and do thorough testing before releasing certified compatibility updates.

That being said, usually, there is no issue updating WooCommerce even if Symbiostock is not certified as compatible with it. But we don’t recommend you do it to live servers without testing first.

Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

Hello Robin,

I think an update is probably necessary. Due to the last security update at WooCommerce, many plugins have stopped supporting versions of WC below 5.x. Here in Germany, for example, the very important plugin German Market (requires WC 5.1.x), whereby the legal security of the store is no longer guaranteed. But also e.g. Facebook Pixel.

Although Symbiostock works with the security update to WooCommerce 4.9.3 … in my case, when I update WooCommerce to above 5.x and update the database, the Symbiostock/Cron jobs no longer work.

Currently WooCommerce is already at version 5.6. When can we expect a Symbiostock update for a current WooCommerce version?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Herbstreit – thanks for letting us know. Will look into it and get back to you, thanks.

Hebstreit
    Participant

Hi Robin, thanks for the feedback – i also waiting with excitement for the update!

i use Symbiostock not only for digital downloads – i also use it for a print-on-demand store. The licenses are print sizes there and it already works very well.

But there is a problem with the workflow. It’s that after uploading and processing the images, Symbiostock initially ‘out-of-stocks’ the products that are not offered as digital downloads. This is not so bad, because I still add meta information, such as SEO data and then change the products to ‘InStock’ with the import-export plugin.

But if now, e.g. a price change on the licenses takes place and the CronJob updates the products, it sets the status back to ‘OutofStock’ – i.e. after each update by the Symbiostock CronJob I have to update the products again with the Import-Export Plugin.

Could the workflow be adjusted again here with an update? In my opinion, the ‘Out-of-Stock’ status is obsolete. And from your point of view, would it be possible to manage a second level of licenses via Symbiostock in addition to the first?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Herbstreit,

I think the out-of-stock status is controlled by WooCommerce, not Symbiostock. I’m not 100% sure and we can look into it with the next update as well, but generally when it is not something that is a digital download, Symbiostock doesn’t manage it at all. Is there a setting in WooCommerce that allows items without stock to remain in-stock?

Hebstreit
    Participant

Thanks Robin and Chris for the info. As for the WooCommerce settings, I can’t find a way to change the OutofStock status as the initial setting for the non-digital licenses. Chris, the settings you mentioned only concern frontend settings.

I also understand WooCommerce so that he waits until a specification of the inventory is made. If I let WooCommerce publish the products a second time without further settings to change – all products are ‘InStock’.

… the same must happen again after a price change to a Symbio license, which is just a bit cumbersome.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi guys – we are now starting to test compatibility and make changes where necessary for WooCommerce compatibility. Can you please outline any issues you’ve encountered that may be causing problems with the new versions if you have tested it?

Thus far we are not finding many bugs but have received word historically that there could be, so let us know.

Thanks.

Profile photo of gyjafar
    gyjafar
    Participant

Hi Hebstreit, Robin
    Here is the workaround to solve this “Out of Stock” issue. I know that it happens as soon as we manually update a product.
    Solution:
    You need to “Edit License”, Find section “Main Auto-apply Filters” >> and set “Exclude from auto-filtering” ? to “Yes” and finally click on Update.
    Conclusion:
    So the conclusion is that any product which have a license with setting “Exclude from auto-filtering” ? to “No” will become “Out of Stock” as soon as we update the product manually.
    Let me know if it resolves the “Out of Stock” issue.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    until know Symbiostock for me works well – thanks for your great work! But as Hebstreit mentioned, in Germany we need the German Market plugin. Do you have any idea, when the compatibility to WooCommerce 6.x comes?

Hebstreit
    Participant

I have tested SymbiostockPro with the following WooCommerce versions: 6.2, 6.8 and 7.1 – each with PHP7.4 (FPM by Apache) and ImageMagick7.1 – so far it works without errors.
    SymbiostockPro currently does not work with PHP8.0 and PHP 8.1. Unfortunately I don’t have enough experience to investigate what the problem is.
    There is a sepate update/test for the Symbiostock Express:
    https://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/symbiostock-express-compatibility-with-woocommerce-7-1/

@robin, are you still updating the plugin for future PHP versions?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.