Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Just an update that we are currently in the process of doing a lot of testing and upgrading to ensure that Symbiostock is compatible with all the new versions of WooCommerce etc. We should have an upgraded release relatively soon.

IMPORTANT NOTE
    If you currently have Symbiostock Pro version 5.1.0, it is possible your system will not notify you to update due to a minor incompatibility with the newest version of WordPress.
    To fix this, just re-download a new version of Symbiostock Pro from the Symbiostock store and upload it to your site, replacing 5.1.0. Versions prior to it or after it do not have this issue.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

New versions are now out – please proceed to your WordPress plugins page and update as prompted. We’ve fixed a number of issues. Please let us know if you encounter any bugs, though that seems unlikely as we’ve quite thoroughly tested the plugins, and the upgrade process should be seamless.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Just a note regarding the licenses – our licensing system changed some time ago, and the premium plugins were therefore not able to authenticate and updates were not automatic. The new version of Symbiostock fixes this. If, after upgrading, you get a licenses not valid warning, please go to the WordPress updates page and refresh it a few times, and go back to the plugins page. Sometimes it takes a few refreshes and a few minutes to kick in.

As well, if you have Symbiostock Express installed and activated, please ensure you update this as well, prior to doing the above.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

This solves itself with the processor running – just always keep it running once a minute. When a Symbiostock product is added, it will take a minute or two before it can be purchased so the processor can do its thing. 🙂 Let me know if that solves it.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – we have tested this on a fresh install of WordPress and can confirm that it appears out of stock when first added. However, after the processor has run for a few minutes, integrity checks set the product to be in stock. Another way to try it is to enable the processor to run all processes via the System page. However, that is not required as integrity checks are run every few minutes via the processor. Please try this and let me know. I see no reason why it should not work on your site if it has worked on numerous fresh test sites we’ve run.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – can you please setup a fresh install with Symbiostock installed for me and send me the login information via PM? Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Also FTP information.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – so I checked and confirmed that the products were becoming in stock after the processor run, as stated above.

However, I was noticing that after editing and saving a product via the quick edit, it was again being tossed into being out of stock, and we had to wait for the processor to once again run an integrity check to put it as in stock again. Have now confirmed on your test site that this is no longer happening, and have released a minor update to the plugin accordingly. Thanks!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – other than the backend, is it affecting your store at all? This seems to be a known issue with WooCommerce, but I cannot locate any situation where that is a problem on the public store level. Are you able to place orders?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – thanks for pointing this out. There is some known but with WooCommerce with regards to variable products. We are working on a fix, thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – please update to version 5.1.2 which should fix this issue. Also please note that until a product is published it is normal for it to appear out of stock.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – looking into it – seems auto publishing is introducing a different issue.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Chris – give that a go.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

WooCommerce has a known bug with variations and products being muddled when it comes to stock status, and there is no clear way to easily control how it operates, so it just requires a lot of trying to reverse the “optimizations” WooCommerce devs introduce with each new version. This is why we only do updates when necessary, as the mechanisms get very unnecessarily cluttered. Nevertheless, we’ve done a lot of testing and implemented many failsafes to prevent this from happening, but if you notice any issues please let me know.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks very much Chris! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Symbiostock Development Update’ is closed to new replies.