Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Theresa Sheridan
    Theresa Sheridan
    Participant

This would really not be a huge issue, except for the fact that I changed my business name a few months ago.

Symbiostock is adding my business name to the ALT tag, the file name, the description and the caption, for every image that I upload.

Is there a way to turn this off by default? Or change it in bulk?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Theresa,

Regarding altering the historical thumbnails in bulk, this would have to be done using a third party plugin that interacts with WooCommerce products or one that edits WordPress images in bulk. Once a product is added to WordPress Symbiostock doesn’t have any control over it.

As for disabling this feature, please look into Symbiostock Settings under the Media tab and test and explore if disabling:

Sync Thumbnails to Titles

Works for you.

Profile photo of Lisa Crawford
    Lisa Crawford
    Participant

Hi –
    I was wondering what the settings are under the Media Tab to disable adding the Business Name (or WordPress Site Title) to all meta data when uploading media? Every upload has a “- SITE TITLE” following the Title, Description, and Caption.

Lisa Crawford

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

The metadata is not being appended as you mentioned by Symbiostock – Symbiostock only uses the metadata in the images to populate the titles within WordPress. It is possible your site’s SEO settings are automatically doing that, but it is not actually within the metadata of the images themselves. If that is happening, it is unlikely to be Symbiostock.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.