Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Hi, is it possible to show mor EXIF data in the Symbiostock Express theme? By standard it shows the name and the keywords, but I would also like to show filsesize and picture ID. Thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Mark,

By picture ID, do you mean the picture ID it has in Symbiostock?

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Yes, ist that possible?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The best way to do this would be to create a child theme:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

And just add a new tab under the woocommerce template directory. You’ll need some familiarity with PHP to do this, but it’s not too difficult. The only caveat is when woocommerce and/or Symbiostock Express is updated, you may have to ensure that your changes are compatible with it.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

OK, thank you.

Profile photo of qter
    qter
    Participant

Hi there, wondering if there is an easy way to show Exif data like photography size in kb and resolution? i think these should be standard items in selling photo system. What do you think Robin?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi qter – you can show the resolution already. Just enable the ‘Personalize product page’ in your settings.

As for KB, since it will vary depending on your chosen license, and the resized image is done on the fly, there is no real way of knowing what the resized file size would be.

Profile photo of qter
    qter
    Participant

You are fast Robin with every response here, tahnks. You are correct, after selecting from dropdown i can see the size. What if i have only one size, is there a way to disable dropdown and only show resolution and buy? I will have only one license, how i could show this file size? i assume is all php. Is there a way you can help me with this?

Or perhaps I could show this Exif inf in Woocommerce tab for this only one image. ( as there is no more) only 1 image – 1 product no more licenses. Date of picture was made. etc

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

If you only have one product with one license, just add that content to the image description manually – that should be pretty easy. No reason to use the database at all. That way you can even format it with bold, or whatever you want.

I’ll get back to you on the default license stuff – I think there’s a way of choosing a default variation in WooCommerce already.

Profile photo of qter
    qter
    Participant

I mean one license Robin, images around 150k. Sorry for my english.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Using PHP to get megabytes:

<?php

$postid = get_queried_object_id();
    echo round(filesize
    (
    $GLOBALS[‘currSS’]->ss_media_dir.ss_get_post_meta($postid, ‘ss_media_filename’, true))/1000000);

?>

Just put that anywhere on the product page where you want the megabytes to show up. If you want KB, change the 1000000 to 1000.

Give that a go and let me know

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Oh, and remember to fix the quotes – when you copy and paste from here they will be smart quotes. you need to ensure they are simple quotes.

Profile photo of qter
    qter
    Participant

Hmm. I did try place it in description and in additional tab. I did try put in php template of “description” tab but sorry, dosen’t work. I have changed the quotes.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

PM me your login info and I’ll take a look

Profile photo of qter
    qter
    Participant

I really need to get some more EXIF data to show somehow on product page. Title/Description is this possible Robin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.