Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

Yes, I confirm. Restore operation finished and all the images added to Media inside Symbiostock tab without previews. Even if I go to links online have no previews for images. Inside the Media Library tab cannot see any preview.

Profile photo of stevephoto
    stevephoto
    Participant

I have the same problem with my Legacy site – Not the perfect solution but I use the plugin : Regenerate Thumbnails by Author: http://www.viper007bond.com/wordpress-plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Don’t know if it will work with your new install but…

Steve

Steve
    http://www.softlightstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Ezeepics – I am looking into it.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The issue has been resolved.

It isn’t a thumbnail regeneration issue. The new Symbiostock has its own thumbnail regeneration engine. Basically, as I was fixing stuff last night, I encountered a few different issues. Primarily, there is a limit to the amount of data one can stick in a WordPress option which is quite different than the 4GB limit that is toted everywhere. This caused the importer to stop updating the import list, making it stay at one entry.

I fixed this. Then I added a security measure so that your images are always inaccessible up to the point where we are actually downloading the images. The problem was, in order to compensate for that first error, the URL was not getting passed properly to the downloader. Accordingly, the data was being imported, but the image was not.

You are going to have to delete all the previous products and re-run the importer (unfortunately). I am confirming an import and restoration right now, and it is working perfectly. I couldn’t wait to test the restoration aspect yesterday because it was still importing 2000 images.

Here is a good idea – run the importer for a few images. Then restore those few images. Remember that the thumbnails will not get regenerated until the scheduler is run. Run the scheduler a few times over the next few minutes, and the images should show up.

If that works fine, then delete them, delete the import, and start again.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

The importer does not import categories or third party plugin information. I’ve updated the docs to give a lot more details about the importer, how to use it, and what data it imports:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/2015/05/11/symbiostock-importerexporter/

The main thing is the image files and their data. I cannot expand on the current importer in regards to features because it just takes too much time (transferring data across sites securely is a tedious and finicky process). It could import categories, third party plugin data, but testing all this and making sure it is bug free just takes way too much time.

It is undeniable that you will have to do some manual work to get your new site readied once the import is complete, but at least the core aspect, the files, along with their titles, descriptions and keywords will all be preserved. As there is a great search engine within the admin interface, and you can bulk edit pricing and licensing, it should be reasonably easy to organize the images again.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

PLUS is not a version of Symbiostock – there is only one version of Symbiostock.

PLUS is the hosting service we offer:

http://symbiostock.com

It basically comes with everything pre-installed, and has some additional services like being able to automatically submit your Symbiostock images to agencies like Shutterstock and Fotolia.

Ezeepics
    Participant

Oh, thanks for all the infos, I’ll do everything in the afternoon, now I have to go out. In my case SEP and Categories will be a hard work, I have more than 200 categories….:-)

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

200 categories!

I do apologize – I would actually love to keep working on it and upgrading it so it ports everything over, but it’s all about opportunity cost. The more time I spend on that, the less time I can spend on making the new Symbiostock even better.

The good thing (great thing) is that once you make this transition, you will never have to do it again. Due to the way Symbiostock is coded, the database is very clean and organized, so you would be able to port your entire store using something like this:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-exporter/

In the future if you want. So it’s not just an upgrade to Symbiostock – you’re kind of upgrading your whole store to a more modernized and standardized system. The legacy theme is actually a really awesome piece of software – it does your ecommerce, SEO, and image organization all in one. The problem is that by being an all-in-one solution and not specializing on the media itself, it becomes less and less standardized.

This is why exporting data from it is tricky, and why you cannot readily change the theme, etc.

It will be worth it once it’s done, in my opinion. I currently have to do the same thing for my images as well, and I have about a thousand.

Ezeepics
    Participant

Ok, now I start to import again the images. I deleted all media from Symbiostock Tab but I didn’t deleted the Media I have in the Media Tab (Media tab external of Symbiostock). In this External Media tab I have all the images without previews, but I don’t know what they are and from where they came, if they were made with the new Symbiostock import or is the old one. I really don’t understand. When the new import will be finished I’ll let you know.

Ezeepics
    Participant

Is crazy, are added to media library without previews. Again I cannot see the images. Maybe do I have to wait in order to see them?

Ezeepics
    Participant

I also noticed a strange thing. The uploads path with the new Symbiostock is not anymore the Upload path which the old Symbiostock has….Maybe I cannot see previews because the system doesn’t find the correct paths?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

New upload path is different than old one. And in order to see previews, you need to run the scheduler – go to your Symbiostock > Settings and click on ‘Run Now’. It would be better to put that in your system’s automated cron job queue, but you can manually keep running it to process all the images.

Ezeepics
    Participant

I ran the scheduler but it tells me 10 images….I have more than 680…..

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

It runs a limited amount each time in order to not freeze your server (if you did 600 at a time it would not be responsive for some time).

This is why you should add it to your system’s scheduler. Just keep refreshing it and it will go through all of them if you don’t want to add it to your scheduler. Alternatively you can edit the script and change the line that says ‘ss_process_ftp(10)’ in tools-cron.php to whatever you’d like.

It is meant to process 10 images a minute, or 600 each hour.

Ezeepics
    Participant

I think I understood…Is not an unique job, I have to Run the scheduler many times for 680 images

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.