Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

The new Symbiostock was realease but I continue to not understand it. On my site I had the old Symbiostock which it wasn’t a plugin. Now the new Symbiostock is a plugin, I have installed it but I don’t know what to do with it, my site is not changed. I need help, Robin please contact me. Thank you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Ezee.

Okay, have you disabled the old theme first for testing purposes? You can’t really run both at the same time (at least I haven’t tested it but I’m fairly certain you will get unexpected results).

Can you follow this guide:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/2015/05/01/3-minute-guide-to-launching-your-store/

And then come back here with further questions? It explains how to quickly get accustomed to the workflow.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Another basic thing to ensure is that:

1) You have woocommerce installed and activated

2) You have symbiostock installed and activated. You should see the little birdy in the left corner. If you don’t see that, let me know and we’ll work on getting it installed right. If you do, then you can use the guide above to get started quickly.

Ezeepics
    Participant

Thank you, let me read the guide and see if I will understand something. I didn’t deactivate the old Symbiostock but I don’t understand why nothing in my site changed when I have installed the plugin….The layout should change no?

Ezeepics
    Participant

The problem is I never had WooCommerce installed…. How do I install it? I have the oldest version of Symbiostock

Ezeepics
    Participant

Tells me: Symbiostock requires the Imagick PHP extension to run. Please install or enable Imagick.

From where do I install it?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Ezeepics – please see this thread:

http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/imagick-php-extension-error/

Basically, Imagick cannot be installed by you unless you run your own server. You will have to email and ask your web-host to install it for you as it is a required component of the new Symbiostock.

Unfortunately, Symbiostock cannot work without it.

Ezeepics
    Participant

I am online with them but they tell me Imagick is installed

Now they make further checks.

Ezeepics
    Participant

I get this message Graphics system
    No Imagick extension loaded?  Try to add to php.ini: extension=imagick.so

Imagick class doesn’t exists

Trying to call command-line ImageMagick…

Version: ImageMagick 6.7.9-10 2012-10-05 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
    Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2012 ImageMagick Studio LLC
    Features: OpenMP

Ezeepics
    Participant

Ok, solved this problem, now I have both installed, old and new. But my layout is not changed.  Imagen I have still the old SYSXTRA installed

Ezeepics
    Participant

Also, the old images uploaded to the site are not appearing in my Symbiostock Media tab. Are all in Stock Images tab outside Symbiostock

Ezeepics
    Participant

I think I have to migrate from old to new with all the images, but I don’t know how….

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Ezeepic – I am right now working on the Importer as there are a bunch of improvements I am implementing to it. I will post an update when it is ready for use again. I am glad you got Imagick installed and working on your server – I’ll show you how to import and help you with it once I get this done. It may not be tonight.

Ezeepics
    Participant

I have a total mess on my website. Before I was uploading via FTP, can you help me import all my images and categories in the new Symbiostock and uninstall the old one? I don’t understand even if the theme (Symbiostock Child old) is the right one or not because in the new demo I see a completely different layout.

Ezeepics
    Participant

Oh, now I read. Ok, but after import do I have to remove the old Symbiostock and change theme?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.