Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

HI Pat – the test site is not done to build another website around it, but rather to see if there is something with your current site that is problematic, or if it is the system altogether you are hosting on that is causing a problem. So I would suggest doing the test site (barebones, no theme nothing, just a base wordpress install with Symbiostock Pro) and run a few tests on that and report back.

If after that, we still don’t have an answer, then yes a support request would be the only option. Unfortunately, the support cost goes into the debugging man-hours – whether we can rectify the issue or not, the only way you are refunded for it is if we find the problem was inherent to the software. As the software is currently running on thousands of sites without issue, it is quite unlikely that the issue will be found to be the software, so expect that if you submit a support request, at best we will be able to fix the issue and resolve it for you, and worst case we will figure out what is causing the issue and recommend what can be done to fix it (which usually involves moving the site to a new host). However, based on what you’ve shared so far, I have a strong feeling it can be rectified by the support request.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

That’s very helpful Robin, thanks. I will further explore and let you know my findings.
    Incidentally, I did make the suggestion to my photographer friend I am building this website for that it would be greatly beneficial for her to become part of the Symbiostock Community of fellow photographers and potentially also move her website to the Symbiostock Hosting Platform once I have completed the website build. The build is complete and I have trained her to use the platform. The only remaining task is to get the downloads working before final handover.
    I will report back shortly 🙂

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    I created a new bare-bones wordpress installation in a subdirectory of the original installation as you suggested, installed woocommerce & symbiostock pro, configured paypal, added the cron job accordingly and uploaded an image then edited and published the product. I ran through the purchase process and it simply worked :-).
    So I started comparing installations and what stood out straight away with the product I am purchasing on each is the licensing options. The new installation has automatically added 11 pre-configured licences and the product defaults to the “Full Size” Licence, which has “Enabled”, Downloadable” & “Virtual” all ticked.
    On the Original Installation, there were no licences at all and I created one myself called “Download Only”, however I cannot select it as ‘default’ when editing the product. I can only edit the details so they will save if “all licences” is the default (Weird).
    I’m wondering if I can somehow completely remove woocommerce & symbiostock (saving the products database so I can re-import them), then install them from scratch and see if it works… just a thought. What do you think?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Pat – glad to see we are getting some progress here!

Unfortunately all of your settings are saved, including your licenses, and it would be difficult to preserve the products while resetting everything else.

This is what i would recommend. Duplicate one entire license from the test site to the main site, making sure every checkbox is identical. This is not on the product level but on the licenses tab under Symbiostock in your WP admin interface. Once you do that, let the processor do its thing, or edit and save one of your products. You should now have that license applied to your product. Do a test purchase and see if it works.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    Hooray, it’s finally working 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Firstly, thank you so much for persevering with me, your suggestions eventually got me to a positive result.
    Importantly, some valuable lessons learned for me however I am still unsure of the root cause (why no pre-configured licences were created from the initial installation).
    Fix Summary:
    As you suggested, I created a new licence, called it “Full Size” and copied every field and setting exactly as the test site licence with the same name (including setting it as the default licence), then saved it.
    I then uploaded a new image through the Symbiostock ‘Upload Media’ process and it automatically applied the new licence and auto-published the product. I attempted to purchase the new product and the whole process, including the download, worked perfectly.
    Then I applied the newly created licence to an existing Symbiostock product that was not working previously, saved it in the licence module area, then updated the product page and refreshed.
    I re-attempted the purchase of that product and to my amazement, it all worked beautifully.
    I will now go through and apply the new licence to all relevant downloadable products.
    Thanks again Robin, your tremendous support is greatly appreciated.
    Kind Regards, Patrick

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick – not a problem at all. Mind you, you don’t have to manually re-apply all the licenses. Just re-edit the license at the license level, and click the checkboxes that say “Update licenses” and “Update prices” – Symbiostock will automatically apply them systematically through the processor.

It is very possible that the licenses were manually deleted for some reason. When Symbiostock is first installed, it always creates the base licenses and sometimes when people want to customize them they can accidentally delete them thinking it’s just a name, but there are a number of settings that must be assessed first.

Very glad we were able to resolve it – if you do have a moment, the best way to thank us is to leave us a review on our WordPress page, as that allows others to get an idea of Symbiostock:

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/symbiostock/reviews/#new-post

Thanks!

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Thanks again Robin,
    I cannot tell you how grateful I am to you for your help.
    My review was submitted just a few minutes ago (from a very happy camper).
    Cheers 🙂

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks very much pat! 🙂

Profile photo of Don Kan
    Don Kan
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been having the same issues as Robin and followed all of your suggestions. I receive the links with order emails in the form of “b546cf.media” that redirect me to temp.com with an ERROR page. Here are the screenshots of SS settings page http://openweb.ie/ss-settings-1.jpg, http://openweb.ie/ss-settings-2.jpg
    Here is a screenshot of the error Error.
    I also tried to set up cron job, but couldn’t find the instructions for direct admin. Here’s the screenshot of the cron job panel . Please help.

Thanks

Profile photo of Don Kan
    Don Kan
    Participant

In addition to the above information, anytime I place a test order it is market On Hold in woocommerce. I tried sandbox.paypal, cash on hand, bank transfer. Same thing. I also tried plugins and scripts but none work to mark the orders autocomplete.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Don- if you do not have the processor working, nothing will work. Just fix that first. A cron job in Directadmin should be relatively straight forward. Can you advise the problem you are encountering in that regard?

Profile photo of Don Kan
    Don Kan
    Participant

Hi, I have managed to get the images, but it’s quite a cumbersome job to do it manually. Every time I place a test purchase I need to go change the product from On Hold to Processing then go into Symbiostock settings and do a couple of rounds of Run for the email to arrive with a working URL. Is it possible to set up a corn job in Direct Admin for the process to run every minute? I have contacted my host and they are saying I need to upgrade to Pro service in order to get the Imagick installed.

I appreciate all your help.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Don – you do not need Imagick installed to function, but you do need a cron job. As I said, you cannot run it manually realistically. You do not manually have to change the order status or anything once the order is paid – Symbiostock does the rest via a cron job.

I cannot instruct you on doing it on Direct Admin, but it is definitely possible. However, an alternative is to get a free external service to trigger your processor, such as https://cron-job.org/en/

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.