Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Hi Team,
    I am having an issue that I have read about others having (Purchased image download link goes to temp.com – https://temp.com/912-1085-jpg and says “This site can’t be reached”) and it has come down to having correct versions of PHP & Woocommerce installed from what I can see. I am running PHP v7.03 and WooCommerce v3.4.4. I have read everything I could find and tried many things over a week now. Can you please give me a clue of what to look for to fix this issue?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – are you sure your processor is running? This usually happens if you manually set your orders to Completed and the processor is not doing it automatically.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    Thank you so much for your response, it is greatly appreciated. The cron job appears to be working absolutely fine. I just went into my cpanel to check it again anyway and it is all fine and running every 1 minute. Whenever I upload media, it just works. In fact, every single process works except for the downloading of purchased images. I’m at a loss. If you want to look at the website backend, I can send you the login credentials if you can let me know how to PM you. Thanks again Robin 🙂

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So after you place an order, does it set it to complete automatically?

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

No, I have 3 orders for an image download (I just set the price to $1 on one product) and they are all sitting in “pending”. For each order I placed, I received the download link via an email after paying with Paypal and clicked on the link each time to see the temp.com ‘site can’t be reached’ error. Going back to the dashboard, it shows the order in pending.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Sorry Robin, I will correct myself, the orders are all sitting in “processing” status. The notes on each order are: 1) IPN payment completed; 2) PDT payment completed; 3) Order status changed from Pending payment to Processing. I hope this helps 🙂

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Pat – that means the processor is not successfully creating the final download. So the processor seems to be working when you add files, but to process them for download it is not.

I would suggest you do the following:

1) Disable the processor from your system’s cron job
    2) Go to the settings system page and make sure the processor has both the run all processes and error reporting enabled.
    3) Run the processor manually after having submitted an order, and observe if any errors show up (it is highly probable something will show up)

Report back what you get and we can go from there. 🙂

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Thank again Robin, I followed your suggestion and the follwing is the result –
    Removed Cron Job from Cpanel
    Manual Processing Test 19/03/2020 2:00pm AEST (Note: Logged in on Chrome Browser)
    Blocks show up in a new Tab with the following data:
    Memory at Start: 14M
    Load at Start: 150M
    Daily maintenance
    32 product integrity checks completed
    0 new/updated images/videos parsed
    0 thumbnails re/generated
    Memory at End: 14M
    Memory Peak: 15M
    Load at End: 148.68M

Note: Received order receipt twice via email (with download link) – goes to temp.com “site can’t be reached”

then – enabled debugging in wp-config.php (no errors were showing)

then – Select product in ‘Shop’, and on Product page the following shows up:
    (Note: attempting new purchase using Firefox so not logged in – purchasing as ‘Guest’)

Notice: id was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly.
    Backtrace: require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’),
    include(‘/themes/Divi/includes/builder/frontend-builder/theme-builder/frontend-body-template.php’),
    et_theme_builder_frontend_render_body, et_theme_builder_frontend_render_layout, et_builder_render_layout,
    apply_filters(‘et_builder_render_layout’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback,
    do_shortcode_tag, ET_Builder_Element->_render, ET_Builder_Section->render, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback,
    do_shortcode_tag, ET_Builder_Element->_render, ET_Builder_Row->render, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback,
    do_shortcode_tag, ET_Builder_Element->_render, ET_Builder_Column->render, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback,
    do_shortcode_tag, ET_Builder_Element->_render, ET_Builder_Module_Woocommerce_Add_To_Cart->render,
    ET_Builder_Module_Woocommerce_Add_To_Cart::get_add_to_cart, et_builder_wc_render_module_template,
    in /home/visitred/allaustralianphotography.com.au/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4986

then – selected licence from drop-down (still shows notice, however can scroll down and add product to cart)

then – proceed to checkout and fill out form, agree to terms and proceed to Paypal, payment approved, then back to checkout page…

Shows regular notice “Please note that it may take a few minutes for your download to get processed. You will receive a download notification via e-mail when everything is ready”.

Also shows the following:

Notice: variation_id was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly.
    Backtrace: require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’),
    include(‘/themes/Divi/page.php’), the_content, apply_filters(‘the_content’), WP_Hook->apply_filters,
    do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, XLWCTY_Common::maybe_render_elements,
    xlwcty->maybe_render_elements, xlwcty->include_template, include(‘/plugins/woo-thank-you-page-nextmove-lite/templates/basic.php’),
    xlwcty->render, XLWCTY_Component->render_view, XLWCTY_Component->get_view, include(‘/plugins/woo-thank-you-page-nextmove-lite/components/additional-information/views/view.php’),
    do_action(‘woocommerce_thankyou_paypal’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters,
    WC_Gateway_Paypal_PDT_Handler->check_response, WC_Gateway_Paypal_Response->payment_complete, WC_Order->payment_complete,
    WC_Order->save, WC_Order->status_transition, do_action(‘woocommerce_order_status_processing’), WP_Hook->do_action,
    WP in /home/visitred/allaustralianphotography.com.au/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4986

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/visitred/allaustralianphotography.com.au/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/symbiostock-pro.php
    on line 447

then – ran processor manually again – showing same data on new tab as previously, showing:

Load at Start: 1M
    Daily maintenance
    32 product integrity checks completed
    Memory at End: 14M
    Load at End: 0.68M

then – checked email (order receipt received once this time – with download link) – goes to temp.com “site can’t be reached”

To fill in some other variables – The website is https:allaustralianphotography.com.au
    Theme and Pagebuilder: DIVI
    Security Plugin: Wordfence
    There 2 types of products setup:
    1) Symbiostock for immediate image downloads for visitors (where the issue exists)
    2) non-Symbiostock products using PPOM options so that visitors can request their selected image with various frame
    or canvas options (these ‘simple products’ also using the watermarked images from the Media Library)

Hopefully this will give you some idea of where the problem originates.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Hi Robin, have I presented my findings correctly?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Pat – I think it is possible you have a WooCommerce setting enabled that says “provide customer downloads immediately after purchase” or something along those lines. Disable that and do the entire process again.

Also, the processor needs to be run multiple times to get a full idea of what is going on. So do this:

1) Disable that setting in WooCommerce as I feel somewhat certain this is causing the problem.
    2) Place your order.
    3) Run the processor manually with the Symbiostock settings for debugging enabled a few times.

My guess is it will begin working now.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Thanks Robin,
    I did try to change that setting when I didn’t receive ANY notification that the download is ready, only the receipt via email (with no download link).
    I previously ticked/enabled that setting (WooCommerce Settings/Products/Downloadable Products/ under ‘Access Restriction’ – “Grant access to downloadable products after payment”) and seperately I also tried changing the ‘File Download Method’ dropdown setting from “Redirect Only” to “Force Downloads”. I then started getting the download link in the receipt email, but the link went to temp.com with cannot access message.
    Now that I have disabled that setting and selected “Redirect Only” again (default settings), the same debug error message is appearing upon opening the product when purchasing (i.e. Notice: id was called incorrectly – see all messages in earlier post)..
    Now, of course, I’m back to not getting the download link at all, only the receipt email….
    Also, upon running the processor manually in debug mode, the following messages appeared at the top of the Symbiostock ‘System’ Dashboard:
    Notice: Undefined index: ss_removewpupgr in /home/visitred/allaustralianphotography.com.au/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 142
    Notice: Undefined index: ss_resetcron in /home/visitred/allaustralianphotography.com.au/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 146
    Notice: Undefined index: ss_resetcroncode in /home/visitred/allaustralianphotography.com.au/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 147
    So what do you make of that?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Pat,
    Thanks for reporting back.
    So first of all: Grant access to downloadable products after payment can never be enabled, otherwise it will never work.
    Secondly: File Download Method must be redirect only, otherwise again, it will never work.

If you have those enabled, and you place an order, and you are not getting the download email, then the processor is not successfully processing the image for download. This means there is a problem with the system as it is not allowing the processor to complete.

Debug notices are irrelevant and do not need to be reported here. All we need to check for are errors and warnings. So please run the processor, enabling “run all processes”, and enabling processor error reporting, and then report back what the processor gives us.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    Re-direct Only Selected, Grant access disabled.
    “run all processes” and “processor error reporting” ticked and saved
    cron job removed from cpanel
    “Run Now” selected – simply opens up a new tab with a series of boxes as follows:
    Load at Start: 1M
    Daily maintenance
    33 product integrity checks completed
    Memory at End: 15M
    Load at End: 0.67M

No other data, no error messages – 2 identical receipt emails sent to purchasing recipient, 2 identical ‘new customer order’ emails sent to seller, no download link sent, product order sitting in “processing” in back-end (WooCommerce Orders).
    On front end (following yet another purchase) – “Please note that it may take a few minutes for your download to get processed. You will receive a download notification via e-mail when everything is ready”.
    Nothing more…

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Please close the old order, place a new order, and follow the same process, running the processor manually at least 4 times, taking about 10 seconds apart. Let me know if there are any changes in the print out on the screen.

If there is no change, then there is something very strange going on in your system, and it would be out of the scope of the support we can provide here. You would have to submit a paid support request so we can log in and check out your system if you want us to debug it – also note that if the bug is found to be a Symbiostock bug, you are not charged for this service.

Another option I would suggest is if you get no other changes on the processor print screen, I would recommend trying a fresh test install in a sub-directory to see if there are any other plugins causing the issue, doing the same exact thing to see if it works successfully or not.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    Thanks again for your help and persistence. I had to take a couple of days away from it so I have just now tried your first suggestion above.
    After placing another order and running the processor manually 6 times, I have the the same result – no error messages at all and no download link emailed.
    My options are: 1) build a new test site as you have suggested; or 2) create a paid support request
    As many man hours have gone into the build of this website, I cannot easily justify building a test site, find that it works and have to re-build a whole new website around it. It would be preferable for me to create a support request so that the issue can be identified.
    This will cost me AU$114.00 so is a refund possible if the issue cannot be resolved?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.