Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CrackerClips
    CrackerClips
    Participant

@cidepix wrote:

I think I am figuring it out now.. one thing I don’t like though, is that I can’t change the “license URL”

I want all my licenses to point to my existing license page where I explain all licenses in a single page..

Leo, is it possible for us to set the URL to anything we want.. It’s crucial for me.. I don’t want seperate pages with seperate license explanations..

That’s the same way I do it. One license agreement that covers all licenses.

Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

Great news, let me see!

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

any changes to the search tracking? previous version still didn’t perform the way it was supposed to, not getting any info about where traffic was coming from; I’ve held off collecting from all the sites until this can generate some reports

meanwhile the tracking of views based on keyword is going well
    http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=405

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Upgrade went well on my test site. Here is what I have noticed.

Created new Standard and Extended licenses under the new “License Pages” and through batch editor assigned images to the new licenses.

1) When in the “Customer License and File Management Area” below the image there is still the link named “License Agreement & Terms” that links back to my original “End User License Agreement” page and not to the appropriate License Agreement purchased.

2) The “End User License Agreement” link in the email to the buyer points back to the original End User License Agreement page and not to the appropriate license purchased.

3) Once a purchase is made there is no way to tie the image back to the license that was purchased. The type license purchased is not in the email sent to the buyer or seller and it is not identified in the Cart Manager.

Thanks
    Tim

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Noted. I’ll dust up those details. For the sake of easy transition I had to hack the process a bit. Looks like I have to hack the transaction too 😀

tdahl-stock
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Noted. I’ll dust up those details. For the sake of easy transition I had to hack the process a bit. Looks like I have to hack the transaction too 😀

Oh, by the way. This is really awesome. Thanks

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I will look into it shortly. Just too tired at the moment. Look forward to using the new system.

Jo

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I’ve upgraded to 2.9.7 and 1.2.6 and (after doing some diffs) reapplied my custom edits. Everything seems to be working as expected.

I don’t really understand what to do with the licenses, and perhaps the feature I need isn’t there yet.

I created two new licenses using the text from my existing pages – Standard License and Extended License.

I was able to add those to my menus in place of the pages I previously had

But how do I apply those licenses to my images?

The batch editor seems unchanged and is thus unusable for applying licenses (I’ll wipe out all my model/property release settings if I do that)

Plus, the batch editor is now showing me three licenses – one Standard License (SL) and two Extended License (EL). I have two of the old kinds of licenses (what you’re now calling quick licenses) and two of the new kind. Why three licenses not four??

Also, the link with a lock icon under the price table on the image page still links to the old EULA page – good thing I didn’t delete that yet.

Bottom line. I’m no worse off than I was before, but I don’t think this gets me any closer to having license options for my images.

Is this still not finished or have I missed some step somewhere?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Its still being worked on. I released some initial changes so instead of one big disaster we’d just have a small mess…

Ok, granted there’s more behind my methods…but really I’m just making sure I don’t break anyone’s licenses.

If I released a whole new system that left tons of images without licenses, guess what… so I’m trickling it in carefully without altering anything.

tdahl-stock
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

The batch editor seems unchanged and is thus unusable for applying licenses (I’ll wipe out all my model/property release settings if I do that)

Plus, the batch editor is now showing me three licenses – one Standard License (SL) and two Extended License (EL). I have two of the old kinds of licenses (what you’re now calling quick licenses) and two of the new kind. Why three licenses not four??

What I noticed was the batch editor shows my old licenses and the new ones I created with the new “License Pages”. I was able to apply the newly created licenses with the batch editor. If you named the new licenses you created the same as the old licenses you will see duplicates. At least that is what I was seeing on my test site.

-Tim

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I should see 4 licenses instead of 3 in the batch editor if I was seeing both old and new (even if they were two pairs – I want the names to be Standard License and Extended License).

And I can’t use the batch editor because it will overwrite all the model and property release settings I’ve made as I’ve uploaded my images (and for those who have custom pricing or any other modifications that aren’t universal)

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If you create two more via the license page maker, they should show. Are you saying their not?

Also next on the agenda is to make a confirmation setup that allows you only to apply specific values to sets of images, so that should help your next problem.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I had two licenses created before the upgrade. They had the same names as the two licenses I created this evening using the new licensing post options.

If I look in the batch editor I see 3 licenses available. Standard License and Extended License (twice)

What I used to see before this evening was two licenses (Standard and Extended). I had applied those to a few images where I could use a category or keywords to identify images that had no model or property releases.

So the old style licenses (now called quick licenses) are attached to some number of my images (although I couldn’t tell you how many and I don’t think I could find that out, could I?)

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

were there any other changes from the buglist that we should be testing?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Not really…maybe some minor ones. This license thing was fairly in-depth, creating a new custom post type dedicated to it, making it integrate properly with symbio.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.