Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

First, the big one – you can submit to PE now — http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/160/picturengine-directions/

Licenses are editable, and fairly refined at this point.

You will notice a new License editor, plus the old one has been converted to “Quick Edit” which is useful for making a license object linked to an external site, etc. The preferred way to go is the new license editing area.

Its suggested you use the most recent version of Symbiostock with this premium version.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Thanks Leo – will have a play with this tomorrow when I will have more time.

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Thanks Leo, are you around for some minutes? … just in case something strange will happen when I update 😀

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Yeah, I’m working on stuff beside the comp 😀

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Great … so I’ll dare to update now 🙂

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Going to update now

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Puuh … updated without problems (at least I haven’t discovered some yet 😉 )

But I would appreciate some help with licenses: I find my old licenses under Quick Licenses, where I can’t edit them. When I go to License pages I can’t find my licenses I allready had. What’s the way to go?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Yep. License pages are a new feature – anything you create there is new. The other feature is left over, and still referencing the original pages you set up. Both work – only the newer one allows editing of all values.

Edit – the origin now called “quick licenses” can be used to set up licenses that reference off site.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Updgrade, no issues 🙂

Licencing not working as I would like to see it. Maybe I am missing something. But I can still buy the image without an RM licence. http://semmickphoto.com/image/spirit-of-dublin That image can be bought without a licence (it will be the default one which is the standard RF licence). I think clicking a licence needs to be made mandatory (except for when no licences are assigned to the image)

Also, you still cant toggle an image on and off. Once you toggle it, its in your cart, and you can only delete it from going to your cart page.

Will test a bit further, but as is, I still cant use the RM licencing because its optional on an image where it needs to be mandatory. If that makes sense

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ll keep that in mind as I’m still working on it. This was a simple “safe” upgrade to see how it goes. Also Justin from PE needed to move forward with making Symbiostock integration available.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

When I set up two RM licences, toggling between the two, the cart is no updated fast enough with the new pricing.

http://semmickphoto.com/image/alice-by-mick-minogue/

I can choose one licence then click the other and click go to cart but it will not have updated the pricing as their is a bit of lag.

If you click Rights Managed – SMB it adds 22 euro, but when I click Rights Managed – EP it should add 32 euros, but it takes about 3 seconds, when I click go to cart within that 3 seconds, it hasnt updated from 22 to 32. And the other way around as well, same issue.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

I also see this lag when changing between standard and extended license … it needs really long till the higher price for the extended license is shown to the customer.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Yep. License pages are a new feature – anything you create there is new. The other feature is left over, and still referencing the original pages you set up. Both work – only the newer one allows editing of all values.

Edit – the origin now called “quick licenses” can be used to set up licenses that reference off site.

Leo I have just upgraded, but a bit confused with your post..

do you mean we can’t edit existing licenses?

if so, then how do we create new and editable licenses? do we need to add the license in license pages first or what?

Thanks btw, any improvement is welcome..

Also I have a prediction: I don’t mean there should not be an RM option but RM type of licensing sounds like a thing from the past.. it’s already retro now, and will soon be completely extinct 🙂 I may be totally wrong, but this is what I think..

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

btw, I looove how it appears on image pages..

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

I think I am figuring it out now.. one thing I don’t like though, is that I can’t change the “license URL”

I want all my licenses to point to my existing license page where I explain all licenses in a single page..

Leo, is it possible for us to set the URL to anything we want.. It’s crucial for me.. I don’t want seperate pages with seperate license explanations..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.