Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

*This feature is active only for Premium plugin users (1.2.6+) using Symbiostock base version 2.9.7+*

For those of you who wish to test out the functionality of PicturEngine, here is a quick tutorial. For other comments, see here: http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/151/searchable-on-picturengine-info-here/

Note: Its suggested you have premium upgrade for this since it offers better management of “Promoted” files.

On your Symbiostock site:

1. Go to your wordpress admin area, and click on the BEE tab.
      [/*:2hj4agvs]
    2. Go to Symbiostock (main settings area for general settings, network, etc)
    3. Click the “Marketing” tab
    4. At the very bottom you will see a dropdown: Marketer ON, Marketer OFF. Choose “Marketer On”. Save Changes.
    5. Check the two boxes: [ ] Generate marketer user number. & [ ]Are you sure?
    6. Notice a new number was created. Its a secret. Don’t share it with anyone except your promoter (in this case, pictureEngine). It should be a number that is prefaced by an ss-. This acts as a secret password that gives your promoter access to 600 pixel preview images, unwatermarked.
    7. In your batch editor (Premium Upgrade) search / select the images you wish to promote.
    8. Click “Generate Promo Image”

On PicturEngine

1. Go to:

http://www.picturengine.com/app/updatephotogrpher.php

(Accessed via links at bottom-right of site)

2. Fill out all info as it pertains to you.
    3. On the “Delivery Platform” dropdown, choose “Symbiostock”
    4. The “Unique URL” is your website. For instance, I would put http://www.clipartillustration.com
    5. The “Unique Username” is the ss-xxxxx… number generated at your site. Very important. If you change, this, PicturEngine will not have access to the 600 pixel unwatermarked previews you generated as promo versions.

After submitting this form, the rest should take care of itself, and you can set up other options in regard to your site/account. If you see any bumps in the process, please let me know. Both systems are still testing this feature.

NOTE: Data is imported within about 24 hours, and you will recieve an email when things are complete. At that time you may verify your images are correct, then submit them for final inclusion.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

*This feature is active only for Premium plugin users (1.2.6+) using Symbiostock base version 2.9.7+*

Update to the versions stated above, and follow the directions in the opening post. Things should be quite nice now.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

I don’t want to start an argument but looking for info from people who use Picturengine… is it worth that much money? That is a lot of money when I consider the exchange rate.

I don’t want to hear the usual speech about being cheap or spending money to make money. Just if it is worth it in anyone’s experience?

Jo

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

120 dollar per year, and absolutely no proven track record. Why do I pay PE if I bring my own site to their engine? They do nothing. Advertising, what advertising. Its a dead horse. I dont know if people here are going to use the service, but if someone does, let me know how you get on. I need to see reports of an increase of sales because of PE, otherwise I rather give the money to my nephews. If the buyers dont know about PE, its a useless platform. Absolutely useless.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Thanks Ron. Some of my thoughts too. I also don’t particularly like the idea that we, the little people, must pay but the agencies don’t have to. Unless I read something wrong that is what I understood.

I’d love to get more traffic but there are limits to my craziness LOL!

Jo

Profile photo of MinkyMooMedia
    MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

I’m afraid I have to agree with the undeciders on this, even doing a simple search using trafficestimate.com site it says the site has had 14,800 hits in the last 30 days, which is about 494 hits a day! I wonder how many daily hits the Microstock sites get?

I Couldn’t see also anywhere on the site how they actually promote their site to get visitors and where from either, before putting money into something like that I would like to know stats like that and what audience and customers they have, I accept every site has to start somewhere but the domain was registered back in 2009.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Their official launch was supposed to happen back in April 2013 but I havent heard anything from them since November 2012

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Another warning bell to me is that the “monthly” fees are paid “yearly” and upfront. So there isn’t even a test ride other than a full year’s fees.

Jo

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Another warning bell to me is that the “monthly” fees are paid “yearly” and upfront. So there isn’t even a test ride other than a full year’s fees.

Jo

As a member of the Symbiostock network you can test it for free. I don’t remember the exact conditions but the SYS site owners that started submitting to PE didn’t have to pay anything (so far).

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

I don’t want to start an argument but looking for info from people who use Picturengine… is it worth that much money? That is a lot of money when I consider the exchange rate.

I don’t want to hear the usual speech about being cheap or spending money to make money. Just if it is worth it in anyone’s experience?

Jo

it’s not worth it.. I can easily tell without even giving it a try..

their alexa traffic is even lower than many symbiostock sites.. why pay $120 per year and get nothing back?

I always check websites and agencies before doing business with them and this one is certainly a “no no”

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Leo, I just tried the front door link and the details to sign up are not the same as for the photographer section. When you click the link you gave…

http://www.picturengine.com/app/photographerlogin.php

and you click the “Photographer Registration”, it takes you to a paid options window, namely…

http://www.picturengine.com/app/register_p.php

On the normal sign up it is just for buyers. Perhaps I am missing something but if so it is unclear.

Jo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

EDIT
    The second one you mention is the correct one to sign up. After that, its the first link you use to log in. Thanks for mentioning.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

I don’t think they are the same though. I cannot log in to the photographers section with the front page login details.

Jo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

I don’t think they are the same though. I cannot log in two the photographers section with the front page login details.
    Jo

You posted while I was writing. Its possible they have to confirm your account. I’ll ask quickly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.