Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

There was a reply email and I clicked on it but doesn’t seem to have helped or done anything. I’ll try it again tomorrow with a fresh head.

I wouldn’t mind extra traffic. I can find my site’s images on Google but they are very low down on the rank system. The only way to get a hit is to use the site name + the search. Otherwise Google images doesn’t even show my images. The odd thing is that a non image search gets a hit easier than the image search.

Jo

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I talked with Justin a few weeks ago, and hope PE gets going and performs as it’s supposed to, but i’ll wait until there’s an actual working site. The main point Justin made is that PE will show only an image from the original artist if possible, and the same image on other sites will not be offered. When that works, PE will really offer an advantage for independents

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

In a nutshell, I think its good to give it a try since its initially free 😀 Its not just some hack site, but has some major technology behind the search, so give it a shot!

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@leo wrote:

…I think its good to give it a try since its initially free …

It’s only free for a month. Why sign up now and have the free month be used when there is no apparent activity on the site? It would be a waste of time as far as I can see.

They don’t have any text anywhere on their end that I found that says there’s a longer free period.

I also think they should consider something less than a year for a trial – they’re asking for a year’s fee up front and it isn’t like FAA, where I paid a year’s fee to open my shop and made that back with the first sale the following month. PE is asking for more than I’m willing to risk on an organization with no track record of any kind.

If they offered something like no charges until they launch and a 3 month up front option I’d be much more likely to give them a chance.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

If they offered something like no charges until they launch and a 3 month up front option I’d be much more likely to give them a chance.

I’m fairly certain thats exactly whats being offered. Its still in testing, which means you get to enjoy all the nuclear testing while roasting marshallows on someone else’s dime! 🙂

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

are there any images live for search besides corbis? I haven’t been able to find any of my images that are indexed by google with most of the agencies, but the search only returns a few images

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

You mean if you join PE? If I’m not mistaken you’ll find your own images (fetched from Symbio and rewatermarked) within 48 hours or so from signup (assuming you sign up on a weekday)

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

It’s only free for a month..

Here:
    http://support.picturengine.com/customer/portal/articles/412559-how-can-i-be-included-in-the-picturengine-search-results-

They say
    “If your platform is currently listed, we encourage you to register now and get started. At this time, there is NO CHARGE to register for Advertising Only, until we are ready to advertise PicturEngine. Those who have registered for Advertising Only will receive a PayPal subscription link via email about a month after we start advertising. Once the subscription link is paid, your images will remain in our search. If you choose not to activate your account, your account will be deleted.”

There is one free month after they start advertising. They can start today, but more likely much later 🙂

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Well, I signed up again via the photographer section. We’ll see what happens. 😀

Jo

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I saw that blurb at in the support section but all the sign up stuff says one month free and $10 a month.

At any rate I thought I’d try and sign up to see what happened. No request for PayPal info and I completed the signup. This is the e-mail I received:

“Jo Ann Snover,

Thank you for registering with PicturEngine.com. An account has been created for jo.snover@digitalbristles.com

We will contact you regarding your subscription payment after we have evaluated your images, and your sales & delivery platform.
    Best regards,

Photographer Relations
    PicturEngine, Inc.
    photographer_relations@picturengine.com

What does that mean? Evaluated how? I did select Symbiostock as the platform.

If they’re suggesting that if my images aren’t good enough they won’t take my $120 a year, I honestly don’t know where their head is, but perhaps they just have a lousy copywriter.

I figured at least I’ll know more about what I’m walking away from if that’s the route I end up taking and possibly this is a better option than it at first appears to be 🙂

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@leo wrote:

You mean if you join PE? If I’m not mistaken you’ll find your own images (fetched from Symbio and rewatermarked) within 48 hours or so from signup (assuming you sign up on a weekday)

no, since PE is listing all the major agencies, our images from those agencies should show up in a search if we don’t have our sym site submitted. (if we join PE then our images should override any other listings of our images) this was from the buyer search screen…

but I was never able to find any non-corbis images on any search I did

has anyone found their images – sym or agency – in a PE search yet? when this was first released they had said only corbis images would be listed during the ‘beta’

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

@leo wrote:

no, since PE is listing all the major agencies, our images from those agencies should show up in a search if we don’t have our sym site submitted. (if we join PE then our images should override any other listings of our images) this was from the buyer search screen…

has anyone found their images – sym or agency – in a PE search yet? when this was first released they had said only corbis images would be listed during the ‘beta’

http://www.picturengine.com/app/stock_photo_detail/Girl_playing_in_the_sand_at_the_beach_/image-Gre0198970588.html

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

thanks

when I do a search for ‘cape cod’ though, I still only get corbis RM, no other agencies, no independents — and it doesn’t include the one you posted? how did you enter the search?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

@cascoly wrote:

@leo wrote:

http://www.picturengine.com/app/stock_photo_detail/Girl_playing_in_the_sand_at_the_beach_/image-Gre0198970588.html

Who’s image is this? I can’t find where it links back to their site.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

So I made my promo previews – or at least most of them (1,712 of 1,719 got processed; no idea which didn’t or why).

But the XML file link in the marketing tab doesn’t show the files processed as it should have, so I don’t think PicturEngine will be able to pull anything over.

Christine wrote up a “how-to” that I think was in the old forum, but got lost in the transfer. I have it in an e-mail PicturEngine sent to registered users in early December and I’ll put the next in the next reply.

The part that says the XML file “should NOT show this” is how my XML file looks. Given how long it took to make the previews (as you have to babysit each page of 100) I’m not just going to “try again” if that means making the previews.

Did anyone else get this far and have the XML file not work? If so, how did you fix it?

The only other thing is that the premium version says 1.2.6 in my XML file and it’s really 1.3.7. The Symbiostock version is correct

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.