Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I know this much Jo. That doesnt change the fact its only a few logos. I never made style changes. My site is straight from the box, and with the child theme its a mess. Period. 🙂

Ok Ron. I hope one day someone can explain it to you in such a way that you understand. Obviously I’m failing at making you see what the author of SymbioStock designed the child theme for and why… PERIOD! No hard feelings 🙂 You just keep on doing it your way.

Jo

I know why its there and what its for, its just not working Jo.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I am paying 20 dollar 🙂 if someone can get me a piece of code that gives me a logo right here

Follow this it worked for me. I have not got them back in yet but I put facebook, twitter, and google+ icons on my menu so you might be able to use it to add.

http://mike-thomson.com/blog/?p=290

This got me the closest to succeeding but its not working as its not spacing the image correctly. I tried every possible spacing but its not letting me align and centre the image.

Anyhoo, I give up. The offer still stands. If someone can fix this for me, I’ll pay 20 dollar. 🙂

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

The offer still stands. If someone can fix this for me, I’ll pay 20 dollar. 🙂

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

bump

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

30 dollar

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Do you want to pay $30 every time your theme gets an update? Because theme updates will copy new files into your existing directories and the custom header logo will be gone.

Again, you’ll need a child theme and then need to copy your header.php into the child theme directory if you want to keep changes made to your header.

It’s fairly easy to get this logo into your header but it doesn’t make sense (at least not the way you want to do it).

http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I am not going to explain for a 25th time why I am not using a child theme. All I want is the code or the solution to have a logo in my header. Let me worry about the rest. 🙂

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I am not going to explain for a 25th time why I am not using a child theme. All I want is the code or the solution to have a logo in my header. Let me worry about the rest. 🙂

Is this what you are looking for?

at http://symtest.tdahlphotography.com/

tdahl-stock
    Participant

Here it is reduced in size to fit better on the bar

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

YES !!!!!!!!!! Thats it, I couldnt get that perfect allignment !!

Love it, how did you do that? If that works on my site, I will pay up the 30 dollar. 🙂

tdahl-stock
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

YES !!!!!!!!!! Thats it, I couldnt get that perfect allignment !!

Love it, how did you do that? If that works on my site, I will pay up the 30 dollar. 🙂

Do not worry about the 30 dollars. Depending on the size of the logo here is the process.

1. Upload the logo you want to use (the header menu is 50px tall)
    2. Create a custom Link and add it to the menu. you will have to give it a temporary link
    to get it to be added. Then delete the URL as in the picture below unless you have a url you want to use.
    3. In the navigation label add the below code but change the url to point to your logo you uploaded.

That’s all you have to do. Depending on the size of the logo you may have to play with the padding numbers at the end. For example below is the code for the larger logo.

Here is the image for my setup

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Thats what I have been doing but couldnt get the thing alligned. I will look at that again tonight. Thanks Man, appreciate it.

tdahl-stock
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

Thats what I have been doing but couldnt get the thing alligned. I will look at that again tonight. Thanks Man, appreciate it.

I was just using the padding at the end to move it around. going left to right the numbers for the padding is top, right, bottom, left. It goes clockwise starting at 12:00. Make sure you use “px” after the number. It was not working for me without it.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

yeah, I did all of that, LOL. You have magic fingers. 🙂 Will report back later.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I just added this code, and its not working, its exactly the issue I encountered when I tried it previously. I wonder why yours is lining up perfectly and mine isnt.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.