Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Hi all,

Is it possible to get a small logo in the top header bar on my site?

I want to get a PayPal logo in there.

Its the top sticky bar on my site with the search field. http://semmickphoto.com

I want to get a logo left next to the word Contact

Cheers

EDIT:

I am paying 20 dollar 🙂 if someone can get me a piece of code that gives me a logo right here

All details below.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

That’s possible if you copy your header.php into your child theme (which I have suggested before). Otherwise your changes will get over written with every update.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I dont mind losing changes. I have been doing it like this from the start. I have a workflow now that is working for me. I dont upgrade to every version straight away, so I do it that often.

If you have a code, I will put it in. This is the logo I want to use but I might want it to be smaller so that it fits properly:

It comes from this code, which I may want to use as well:

PayPal Logo

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/logo-center

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Adjust width and height to your liking. Of course it needs to placed at the right spot iside your header.php .

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Thank you, do you know the right spot? Or whereabouts ?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

It’s best to have that child theme first, then copy the header.php into its directory and then find the spot to place your PayPal logo.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I have no idea what you mean with copying into the directory. Do I need to copy over files from the parent folder to the child folder and then change it in the WP editor? What if there is an update of the PHP in the parent, the child wont be updated, so then I would have an outdated file on the child?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

You need to copy (copy, not move) the file from

/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/

to

/wp-content/themes/symbiostock-child/ (or whatever this child theme directory is called)

Then use the Appearance -> Editor to click on that header.php of your child theme, make your changes and save.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Ah, that makes sense. Its more work then what I do now. My site is a right mess with the child theme activated now. So, I am not seeing the benefit. Its not for me. Sorry. Thanks for the help though.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I am paying 20 dollar 🙂 if someone can get me a piece of code that gives me a logo right here

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

Follow this it worked for me. I have not got them back in yet but I put facebook, twitter, and google+ icons on my menu so you might be able to use it to add.

http://mike-thomson.com/blog/?p=290

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Ron, as per your other thread… this is CUSTOM work! Every time you change these things you should be working in your Child Theme. These are all your changes you make that I am referring to as custom bits and pieces.

Jo

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Ron, as per your other thread… this is CUSTOM work! Every time you change these things you should be working in your Child Theme. These are all your changes you make that I am referring to as custom bits and pieces.

Jo

I know this much Jo. That doesnt change the fact its only a few logos. I never made style changes. My site is straight from the box, and with the child theme its a mess. Period. 🙂

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I know this much Jo. That doesnt change the fact its only a few logos. I never made style changes. My site is straight from the box, and with the child theme its a mess. Period. 🙂

Ok Ron. I hope one day someone can explain it to you in such a way that you understand. Obviously I’m failing at making you see what the author of SymbioStock designed the child theme for and why… PERIOD! No hard feelings 🙂 You just keep on doing it your way.

Jo

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@tdahl-stock wrote:

Follow this it worked for me. I have not got them back in yet but I put facebook, twitter, and google+ icons on my menu so you might be able to use it to add.

http://mike-thomson.com/blog/?p=290

Hey, Tim, I read through that and *even I* understand how to do it. May try adding FB and Twitter to my top-tier menu bar.

If I do that in my child theme (Clean Theme), it’s supposed to endure through future SYS upgrades, won’t it?

Only problem is… I still haven’t figured out how to make that top-tier menu bar solid, so the words don’t layer on top of other words below as one scrolls down. Ongoing challenge.

Thanks for posting that link!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.