Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Terry Hale
    Terry Hale
    Participant

Well, the more I learn about this plugin, the more impressed I become. The thoughtfulness and functionality are so nice!

I am setting the GPS map to 100% width.  On initial page load, the map won’t show.  If you resize the browser, it will then show.  My graphic designer verified this on her end (she even voluntarily mentioned it), and it happens to me as well on Chrome and Firefox.  On Edge and IE (believe it or not), the map shows, but the copyright and links at the bottom right are all squished together.

Setting the width to a hard-coded pixel value, the map works just fine.

This is somewhat of a disappointment in that I have no idea what size viewport these pages will be on, and my map container is set to 100% width.

Are there any know workarounds for this?

Thanks,
    Terru

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I would say copy the map code directly from the page source, put it in an HTML doc and test it out without being on your site. If it exhibits the same issue, then it is contained within the map code or container itself. In this case, there may be a way to tweak it so it doesn’t experience the same issue.

Often, using weird different combinations when it comes to styling the width of the container can rectify little issues like this. Just play with it and see what you come up with.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.