Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

Hello,

I get these errors:

Error(s): Failed to process file: _ssalt_229.jpg. Alternate file is not JPEG, or original product does not exist.

Also, sometimes I get a duplicate JPG version beside my vector file (I guess they are not getting linked)

Sometimes I don’t get a image in the post and medias without image can’t be purchased, it produces an error

Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

Error(s): Failed to read image for watermarking: /home4/onefreev/public_html/rfillustration/wp-content/uploads/ss_media/ss_802.eps

I see every image I uploaded

Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

I got everything up and ready including an SEO strategy but the script keeps giving me these errors, can you help?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tamas,

This appears to be an issue with your hosting environment, as my best guess. It could be a memory issue when the script runs, or it could be a disk space issue. I would recommend you disable the processor for a time and try running the processor manually with that same EPS uploaded and see if any errors pop up. I would also recommend you check to ensure disk space is not an issue. Further, I would contact your web host to inquire as to whether they can see if resource usage is weird with your site.

EPS processing requires huge amounts of memory and CPU, and most cheaper hosting environments cannot adequately support this.

Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

hi Robin,

btw. Shutterstock changed the way for uploading vectors this year in two ways:
    1. they parsed the metadata directly from EPS without alternate JPG
    2. they accepted bigger EPS files up to 100 MB – with an minimum size to 4k in Pixels for vector artboards. (IMHO this bigger Artboard sizes are not easy to handle for Symbiostock)

Since Shutterstock changed the upload conditions for vector files, it may be possible that there will be more of these errors in the future.

An idea for Symbiostock would be to optionally exclude vector rendering. So to offer corresponding media only as alternative JPG or unchanged. This would be more resource friendly even for small hosters / CPUs.

What you think about the new Shutterstock-Vector handling?

Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

Hello,
    Im here again.

Im on Bluehost shared hosting. I dont get why others sites r working and mine is not :/

Question: If I disable small medium (maybe the hi-res) licenses will the resize be skipped in processing? Can i prevent resource usage this way? (Im still in vectors)

I remember reading about an error log, how can I get to it? (Other than the errors on WP dashboard)

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – the licensing is only used during the purchase process – the vectors are still processed by the system for thumb-nailing. One option is to always upload an alternate JPEG with your vector, in which case the system will use that for the thumbnails instead of the vector.

Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

Bluehost will contact me on email. I will ask it.

Could you or somebody check it for me if it fails again?

I can send over the exact files.

Can you tell me where can I find the error log?

How you see, the eps resolution can cause issues? My eps files are 1 megapixel (1000×1000), newer ones r 4 MP

Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

Is there a way to only sell vectors, and to skip the JPG resizing process? At least the resource heavier part (most of the resize process)?

I’m thinking of to don’t host JPG versions at all. …maybe only a moderate size version. based on intuition this may work.

Any help appreciated!

Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

if you thinking about minimze file size for vectors and reduce cpu load – yes there is a way: sell vectors as PDF. For this you’ll need the anytype plugin. my workaround is: uploading an empty eps & mid-size JPG – create draft products, export the product list to get the arb_product-num. rename und upload the vector-pdf directly in the ss_media-folder.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tamas,

Yes, as Hebstreit pointed out, you can use the Anytype plugin for this, which would remove all EPS processing. But then you would have to manually upload each EPS as either a PDF or a ZIP file, as he suggested, after the product is created using a JPG just for the thumbnail.

My suggestion would be to consider moving to a host with more memory and CPU to minimize your workload.

Profile photo of Tamas
    Tamas
    Participant

I raised the memory limit to the twice as the recommended and now it produces only a few errors (1/100 which was 30/100)

As a suggestion it would great if these messaged would contain the original filename , to know what to re-upload.

Instead of “Failed to find original media: ss_2296.eps, product ID: 2296” something that contains the original filenames

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.