Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I have transferred the domain to an Nginx server and I have the following problem:

The image download files produced by Symbiostock are stored in the _ssdl directory with permission 600 instead of permission 644. The files are therefore not downloadable from the server as they are accessible only by the user.

How can I solve the problem?
    Thanks so much

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – this is an odd issue. Linux permissions are usually not a problem. Can you please contact your host regarding this? On fresh installs where we have run tests, this does not pose an issue, so it is unlikely a software problem.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I could try uninstalling and reinstalling symbyostock. Does this operation involve any risk of data loss?

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I checked: On the Apache server the permissions of the download file are 644 and therefore the file downloads regularly. On the NGINX server the permission of the download file is 600 and therefore cannot be downloaded. Can you tell me which software generates the download file with permission 600? Thank you. I would like to solve this problem.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo – it is Symbiostock via PHP, but Symbiostock does not arbitrate the CHMOD of the files. So somehow PHP generating files on your NGINX server is causing issues.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Could the solution be to change PHP version?
    Or replace NGINX with Apache?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

That is extremely server specific. Can you contact your host to inquire?

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I manage the server directly and I can intervene either by replacing PHP (downgrade of php7.4?), And NGINX with Apache.
    I needed indications on which application to modify to see how to solve the problem. Exclude that it may be due to a too new version of Woocommerce?

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I was also thinking that the write permissions of the file could be set in the php.ini, but I’m not sure. Do you have any indication? Thanks so much

Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

Hello, … I’m currently testing a servicer with Nginx. Besides some problems with vector files, Nginx lacks the setting options via htaccess – files, which could solve write permissions.

Furthermore I could not find any relevant speed advantage of Nginx compared to Apache.

Just an idea – if you work with an administration part like Plesk or ISPConfig, Nginx write permissions could be added.

I added this permissions to Nginx :

#make nice paths available
    location / {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;
    }
    # Deny public access to wp-config.php
    location ~* wp-config.php {
    deny all;
    }

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestion. I had already added the code:
    location / {
    try_files $ uri $ uri / /index.php?$args;
    }

to the Nginx file. Without this code I was seeing a 404 error on all pages.
    Unfortunately this code does not eliminate the permissions error 600 on download files.
    I have installed Nginx as in the future I would like to install the plugin for selling VIDEO with Symbiostock. I thought with Nginx videos it was faster.
    Given the problem of operation, I am thinking of returning to Apache. What do you think about it?

Thanks a lot for your interest.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I solved the problem with the “Downloads”> “Force Download for Customer” option. I don’t understand why but in this way I can download the files. Will it be a Symbiostock or PHP problem?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo – this works because PHP is accessing the files directly and then feeding it to the customer rather than directing the customer directly to the files. This doesn’t solve the permissions problem but circumvents it. Your customers should be able to access files within subfolders directly if they have the URL.

You could try manually CHMODing the permissions of the download directory via FTP (try 777 to see how that works).

You could also try manually running CHMOD via PHP when download files are created within the Symbiostock code as a way of testing it.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

If I manually change the permissions of the files generated for download to 644 the download works.

I didn’t quite understand how to manually run CHMOD via PHP when download files are created within Symbiostock code.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

It is plausible it won’t work even if you tried, as the permissions are not letting PHP create downloadable files to begin with. But this is the function:
    https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.chmod.php

If you would like us to try to do it for you by writing code, you can submit a support request via the link at the top. Otherwise you can try it out if you know anything about coding and we can help you here. However, it is likely this won’t solve the issue. It seems to be a hosting environment issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.