Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    i have a problem with Symbiostock- Vector processing. The processor do not work ot these kind of images. Yesterday all worked normal and i didn’t have any changes at the configuration. I run the Symbiostock Diagnostic Tool. JPG, PNG and MEtadata all worked fine. only for the EPS vectors i found this bug: Error(s): | Failed to read image for watermarking: ../wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/assets/test.eps

(in case for uploading vectors via FTP there will be filenames changed to “_ss_failed_xx.eps”)

Do you have any idea how to fix it?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – are you saying it was working yesterday and suddenly stopped working?

Hebstreit
    Participant

yes! i never had such an error – in case for uploading vector files via FTP i get these errors in wordpress:

|Failed to read image for file: bread_023.eps, product ID: 170157 | Failed to process file: bread_023.eps|

two things are changed:
    – my server host had a scheduled network maintenence update.
    – i had some plugin updates (SEO, .. nothing important)
    .. i can’t believe, that 3rd party plugin updates should have an impact to symbiostock vector processing.

i try’d:
    – to reset the cron code
    – had a look in wp-debug activity:
    ——
    Notice: Undefined index: ssv_32bit in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/symbiostock-video-diagnostic.php on line 16

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in WC_EU_VAT_Country_PreSelect_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3916

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in WC_EU_VAT_Country_PreSelect_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3916

Notice: Undefined index: ss_removewpupgr in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 130

Notice: Undefined index: ss_resetcron in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 134

Notice: Undefined index: ss_resetcroncode in /var/www/clients/client2/web2/web/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/admin-settings.php on line 135
    —–

but it seems not as important?

.. i also tested with the same files how are working to exclude corrupt files ..

now I’m at a loss

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – if JPEGs are reading fine, then it is specific to EPS files. This appears to be a server host issue as they may have changed the way Imagick is operating, or even altered the permissions on EPS files. Is it possible they have banned access to these files because they noticed that parsing them was using lots of CPU and memory? (because EPS files require a LOT of resources)

Please contact them as I am 99% sure it is something related to the changes they have made in their “network update”.

Hebstreit
    Participant

the host told me he didn’t changed anything in the setup.. but i found the bug on the server:
    ImageMagick/policy settings where the EPS settings have to be re/enabled..

i don’t know why this setting was changed, but it is solved so far.
    thanks for you comment!!

Profile photo of Mark Phillips
    Mark Phillips
    Participant

Hi, I am getting these errors a great deal too. I am using Local by Flywheel on a mac and the permissions for the files is under my user account as well as it looks like it is only with regards to the eps files. The specific error is a lot of these: Error(s): Failed to read image for watermarking: /app/public/wp-content/uploads/ss_media/ss_626.eps

And the fatal errors reports –
    2018-12-12T03:03:24+00:00 CRITICAL Uncaught ImagickException: Unable to thumbnail image in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-imagemanipulation.php:129
    Stack trace:
    #0 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-imagemanipulation.php(129): Imagick->thumbnailimage(623, 600, true)
    #1 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-imagemanipulation.php(333): ss_make_watermark(‘/app/public/wp-…’)
    #2 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-imagemanipulation.php(309): ss_add_featured_image(‘/app/public/wp-…’, 1075, ‘Cherry icons ba…’)
    #3 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-ftp.php(366): ss_attach_images(1075, ‘Cherry icons ba…’)
    #4 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-cron.php(319): ss_process_ftp(1)
    #5 /app/public/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-cron.php(72): ss_single_cron(1)
    #6 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): ss_do_cron(”)
    #7 /app/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array)
    #8 /app/public/wp-includes in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-pro/tools-imagemanipulation.php on line 129

Any ideas of what I need to do?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Mark – as indicated here, it seems to be a server issue, and in Hebstreit’s case, it was a permission issue with ImageMagick.

Mark Phillips
    Participant

Hi Robin, I’m not exactly sure what permissions issue would be on my local machine that would prevent imagemagick from processing – is there a specific command or chmod that you could suggest I do?

Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

ImageMagick/policy settings where the EPS settings have to be re/enabled..

i don’t know why this setting was changed, but it is solved so far.

How did you exactly solved it? Or it was the hosting guy who did it?

Hebstreit
    Participant

no, .. i have terminal access to my ubuntu server: in the File: /etc/ImageMagick-6/policy.xml –> i have to re-enable the rights : <policy domain=”coder” rights=”read|write” pattern=”EPS” />

Mark Phillips
    Participant

Is this the only thing that needs to be update in the file? nothing about the size of the files or path?

<policy domain=”coder” rights=”read|write|execute” pattern=”EPS” />

Thanks for this – is there a reason why this isn’t included in the docs?
    Mark

Hebstreit
    Participant

filesize is not the problem – be sure to increase the WordPress RAM as large as possible. Then files can be bigger in symbiostock than the 14MB from shutterstock.

in my experience, the size of Artboards is more important – i do not have exactly numbers, .. but it seems, that Imagick can work with 1200dpi(?!?) or even an ultra high value to render the JPG from EPS – i’ve not tested this finally but in my experience all works when the size of artboards in Illustrator is not bigger than 1500×1500 pixels and i’m not selling high resolution JPGs

about paths its nothing to say that is not in the documentation. if you will test something more.. lets go 😉
    best,
    Knut

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.