Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

that page is the audience/overview page, but it’s not the default — there should be an audience button/link on your dashboard on the left hand side, which can take you there

clicking on realtime/overview should work too

Thanks, Steve, for that response. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ve got it set up right, because I’m not seeing thoselinks/options.

Tomorrow, I’ll dig around and see what I’ve got wrong. Too tired now after a long drive to spend time with it.

Your help is much appreciated!

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

@cascoly wrote:

that page is the audience/overview page, but it’s not the default — there should be an audience button/link on your dashboard on the left hand side, which can take you there

Thanks, Steve, for that response. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ve got it set up right, because I’m not seeing thoselinks/options.

Tomorrow, I’ll dig around and see what I’ve got wrong. Too tired now after a long drive to spend time with it.

I think they are refering to the GA page:
    http://www.google.com/analytics/

Maybe you know that but you need to log in there to see those pages.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Here is my visitors statistic from when I started my Symbiostock site until September 30th. I have to admit I’m concerned.

Since I didn’t get lots of feedbacks here so far, I thought I’d ask again: Do you see a similar trend or not?
    Because if more people (the majority of Symbiostockers) see this development, maybe we need to question the SEO setup or strategy.
    Is there maybe even a chance that Google did something to ban or re-rank Symbiostock structured sites?

marthamarks
    Participant

@jan wrote:

@marthamarks wrote:

@cascoly wrote:

I think they are refering to the GA page:
    http://www.google.com/analytics/

Maybe you know that but you need to log in there to see those pages.

Thanks for that, Jan. I’ll dig into this today to see what’s where and how to make it work.

marthamarks
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

Here is my visitors statistic from when I started my Symbiostock site until September 30th. I have to admit I’m concerned.

Since I didn’t get lots of feedbacks here so far, I thought I’d ask again: Do you see a similar trend or not?
    Because if more people (the majority of Symbiostockers) see this development, maybe we need to question the SEO setup or strategy.
    Is there maybe even a chance that Google did something to ban or re-rank Symbiostock structured sites?

I don’t have that kind of graph yet to look at, but the Search Queries graph on my Google Web Tools page does show something remarkably similar to what you’ve experienced.

My Search Queries rose steadily through August and reached their peak with a plateau on Sept 3-4… just a few days before your graph shows its peak.

From that point on, it’s been a jagged up-and-down pattern, but consistently leading down. There was another slight bump up on Sept 23, then back down again.

I admit, I don’t really get what “queries” and “clicks” and “impressions” are. Now that I’m home for a while, I need to study this stuff so I understand what I’m seeing.

And yes, we do need to know what’s going on with this odd traffic pattern. Especially if many/most/all of us are seeing it.

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Here are some graphs for my site. I just really got it off the ground in middle of August. I think I really started on SEO toward the end of August. At this point only half of my site is indexed. My site is small but slowly growing.

Thanks
    Tim

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I wish I could be of help but my site stats in WebMaster and GA are to low to have any meaningful information at this time. The only visitors I get are Symbiostock members, so I don’t think my information would help you.

marthamarks
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

I imagine someone like getty pays big bucks to get placement…i cant imagine that part of that deal would not include knocking back any little guys who just try to get a piece of the action. And i dont think that is tinfoil hat thinking at all. It happens.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. Easier for the Big Boys to swat back pesky little indie upstarts now than to let the indies grow into a swarm and try to fight it then.

We’ve suspected all along that the Big Boys were watching our efforts. Should have assumed they’d start fighting back when, say, SYS reached 100 sites or 100,000 images.

None of that is hard to imagine or believe.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Well, we will just have to work harder till we are a real source of competition to them then !

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

marthamarks
    Participant

@christine wrote:

Well, we will just have to work harder till we are a real source of competition to them then !

+1

I’m game for that!

But we do need to realize how the deck could be stacked against us, especially in this “middling period” of the SYS network’s existence. When it started, SYS was hardly worth bothering with… to the Big Boys at least. Once it reaches critical mass, it’ll be harder to slap down. Right now seems to be the critical time to push forward, keep uploading and promoting and encouraging newcomers to join us, and not get discouraged.

To fight back over the long term, we’ll have to be clever, aggressive, upbeat, cooperative, persistent, persuasive (to potential buyers and SYS members alike), and the best danged photographers and illustrators in the business.

I think we’re well on our way to all of that. 🙂

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@christine, The jetpack plugin has a decent traffic monitor. If you want more detailed tracking SL plugins makes an awesome one that can show you the exact referral link and some other useless info, it even shows the search engine bots.

My site is just tiny but, I do get a few views daily … Which is ok I suppose. Keep up your social media promoting (blog posts, fb, twitter or whatever) and the more frequently you add content, the more often your site will be indexed.

One thing I have been doing, is posting updates of my Symbio site on my blog site a few hours or even a day or so later. Both are linked to a handful of social networks. Seemed kind of spammy at first, but the “walls/News Feeds” or whatever move fast enough, I started noticing that people wouldn’t even see it if they aren’t sitting right there watching.

I wouldn’t be opposed to throwing a couple dollars into some paid Symbio advertising. I’d be interested to see what ideas the community could come up with. ‘Course, I still need to find a couple sites to network with.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

Oh hell, I was still on the first page. I didn’t realize there were 2 more pages worth of posts.

Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

Many of my images are on both, Symbio site and FAA. I noticed that FAA gets very high ranking on search engines, so I added a link from my home FAA page to my Symbio site. Hopefully, that will steer some buyers to the Symbio collection.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

@lespalenik wrote:

Many of my images are on both, Symbio site and FAA. I noticed that FAA gets very high ranking on search engines, so I added a link from my home FAA page to my Symbio site. Hopefully, that will steer some buyers to the Symbio collection.

Ahum.. What is FAA? Federal Aviation Administration?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@dp69_2001 wrote:

….
    I wouldn’t be opposed to throwing a couple dollars into some paid Symbio advertising. I’d be interested to see what ideas the community could come up with. ‘Course, I still need to find a couple sites to network with.

google adwords are probably eyond us right now — better to concentrate on our own networking

to that point, I think it would be wise to fill all networking slots – you don’t necessarily need reciprocal links for all slots; having all slots filled gives a greater chance of exposure for everyone. later you can refine your connections.

same for promoted keywords, http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=31
    focus & specialty http://cascoly.com/symbio/list.asp?list=65

lots of blanks on those reports! all those blanks are SEO opportunities

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.