Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’m wondering if it’s just me or if anybody else has noticed a constant decrease of visitors over the last 10 days.

I had a nice and steady increase from the beginning until September 15th but it went only downhill from there. Now I’m averaging at about 1/3 of the good times before.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I’m seeing the same thing. Thought it was just me. Actually glad to see it’s not just me, but still… wonder why that is?

Are u adding new images? If google keeps seeing same stuff it might think site is dead

Profile photo of CrackerClips
    CrackerClips
    Participant

I’d actually guess that a majority of the traffic was all of us checking out each others sites 🙂 That’s probably slowing down a bit now. I’ve got enough images indexed at this point that I’m just starting to see regular, daily hits on my site that have come directly from google image search.

No sales yet by the way. I did have someone register and then abandon their cart. I tried contacting them to see if I could help in anyway but no response. Close but no cigar.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@markscatesphotography wrote:

Are u adding new images? If google keeps seeing same stuff it might think site is dead

Not every day, but yes I constantly add new images.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Crackerclips might be on to something. A lot of traffic may have come from other MSG members checking out our sites linking from signatures. Now we’re over here so we don’t get some of that traffic.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@crackerclips wrote:

I’d actually guess that a majority of the traffic was all of us checking out each others sites 🙂 That’s probably slowing down a bit now.

I don’t really think so. Of course a few less snoopy people check the site out but that’s usually not more than a hand full.
    Concerning is the fact that also Google search queries went down the same way (see image). Wondering why.

Have you guys checked your visitor trends?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

It’s organic Google search that shows the big drop.

The graphic shows the decrease of visitors generated by organic search on Google from Sept 15 to 26.

I’m seeing two ways to explain this.

1. People don’t search on Google for images anymore (very unlikely).
    2. My ranking at Google has dropped dramatically.

Any more ideas?

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

Redneck: We can’t see your graphs.

marthamarks
    Participant

@crackerclips wrote:

I’d actually guess that a majority of the traffic was all of us checking out each others sites 🙂 That’s probably slowing down a bit now. I’ve got enough images indexed at this point that I’m just starting to see regular, daily hits on my site that have come directly from google image search.

No sales yet by the way. I did have someone register and then abandon their cart. I tried contacting them to see if I could help in anyway but no response. Close but no cigar.

I’ve thought that too, Cracker Clips. We’ve all taken peeks at each others’ sites by now so… not so much in-house visiting at this point.

Plus… for a long time, we were all learning the ropes in full view on MSG. Lots of strangers were probably checking us out, watching our progress. Now that we’ve formed our own online group, we’re not so visible to the outside world.

I thiknk this situation will improve over time, as people “out there” find more and more of our images via Google, etc.

marthamarks
    Participant

I’ve been on an extended trip since Sept 3, so not uploading as many as in August, when I was home. But I am uploading a few every day (old images for me, but new — and newly renamed for SEO purposes — to my site) when I can get wifi connections.

Once I get all my trip-related material processed, I plan to slip those images into my site slowly over the winter, to avoid that risk you mentioned of “looking dead.” Especially important since I won’t have much new to add until spring.

Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

I’ve been on an extended trip since Sept 3, so not uploading as many as in August, when I was home. But I am uploading a few every day (old images for me, but new — and newly renamed for SEO purposes — to my site) when I can get wifi connections.

Once I get all my trip-related material processed, I plan to slip those images into my site slowly over the winter, to avoid that risk you mentioned of “looking dead.” Especially important since I won’t have much new to add until spring.

I am amazed that you would not have anything to add until spring, are you not going to make a trip to the Bosque this winter?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

Redneck: We can’t see your graphs.

I’m sorry. Now better?

Visitors Trend

Organic Google Search Traffic

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

@redneck wrote:

I’m wondering if it’s just me or if anybody else has noticed a constant decrease of visitors over the last 10 days.

I had a nice and steady increase from the beginning until September 15th but it went only downhill from there. Now I’m averaging at about 1/3 of the good times before.

That could have been around the time I changed my domain name, wonder if I broke something

I dont care how many visitors I get providing they buy something

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I hope more people post data on this! I’ve had ups and downs throughout the years, and they can be seasonal. I won’t speak too quickly though because this is a new system. Its definitely worth watching traffic trends over the past 9 months.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 147 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.