Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

@marthamarks wrote:

snip
    So now I’m trying to figure out how to add bestnaturestock.com to my GA account (or set a new one up just for that). It doesn’t give me the option of selecting that new site, just my old one.

No clue how to do this. Do I need to delete the older site to have GA on the new one?

You can have multiple accounts, so no need to delete the old one. Here are instructions:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009694?hl=en

Click on ADMIN and in the Account column, click the heading, then go to CREATE NEW ACCOUNT. David almost had it.

Thanks, Cathy. I spotted that earlier but I thought I already had the account I needed. I’ll give it a try.

Much appreciated!

marthamarks
    Participant

Yes, that worked. Thanks for the tip, Cathy. I’ve never even set that up for my other site, so once this one is done (whenever that is, if ever) maybe I’ll think about doing it there too. It matters more here than there, methinks.

Next question… are you guys pasting that code onto every single image page? And if so, can it go anywhere on the page? At the bottom of the other coded text, I assume. That’s what I started doing this evening. It will take a while if needed on every page. Good busy-work project for when there’s nothing else to do. 🙂

Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

I suspect the main problem is with google search (or indexing).
    When I try to search for some of my images by keyword, I see very few links to my symbiostock site. FAA, SS, DT, and other agencies are usually listed on the top.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

Yes, that worked. Thanks for the tip, Cathy. I’ve never even set that up for my other site, so once this one is done (whenever that is, if ever) maybe I’ll think about doing it there too. It matters more here than there, methinks.

Next question… are you guys pasting that code onto every single image page? And if so, can it go anywhere on the page? At the bottom of the other coded text, I assume. That’s what I started doing this evening. It will take a while if needed on every page. Good busy-work project for when there’s nothing else to do. 🙂

I never followed thru with pasting the code, not sure as to where or how. So I would be interested in that also.

marthamarks
    Participant

@marthamarks wrote:

Probably should start a new thread, as we are hijacking this one about the decrease of number of visitors.

But you dont have to paste in every page…there is a google analytics item under settings in wp dashboard…you paste your ua number there and wp does it. Install plugin ” google analytics for wordpress”.

Aja! As usual, Leo has concocted a simpler solution. I’ll go check that trick out now.

EDITED: Nope, rereading your post I see this isn’t Leo’s concoction but a WP plugin. Whoever came up with that solution wins kudos in my book!

Sorry for the hijack if I’m the one who did it. 🙂

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

…there is a google analytics item under settings in wp dashboard…

I didn’t see that in my WP dashboard. Maybe I missed it. Can you please be more specific?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I have just been trying to follow the same instructions 🙂

Install the plug in = Google Analytics for WordPress by Yoast and THEN it will appear in Settings

I am sooo pleased I am not the only one that got lost at that point till I read it though to the end 😀

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Just install the “Google Analytics for WordPress” plugin by Yoast and fill in your number.
    Or you could also paste the code into the section of your header.php. Whatever is more convenient for you.

Profile photo of lbarn
    lbarn
    Participant

I am glad someone had a explanation for the drop in visitors. I had noticed the drop, and wasn’t sure what could have caused it.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I don’t know, it seems strange to me.

If we get a lot less visitors, that must mean that other sites get a lot more, assuming that the search activity stayed about the same. If that’s correct, we all need to do a lot of homework to get back on track because someone else is stealing our traffic.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I just noticed my google analytics report crashed to 0 on sep 27 for my sym site, while staying normal for my other sites; and webmaster still shows traffic

haven’t had a chance to figure it out yet

marthamarks
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

I just noticed my google analytics report crashed to 0 on sep 27 for my sym site, while staying normal for my other sites; and webmaster still shows traffic

haven’t had a chance to figure it out yet

Steve, I hate to be so dumb but… can you tell me where you see that GA report? I’ve installed it correctly (I think) but don’t know where to go to find the results.

Thanks in advance if you can give me that info.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

mine is now set to start on that page, but it’s audience/overview, set to report by day

marthamarks
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

mine is now set to start on that page, but it’s audience/overview, set to report by day

Sorry, but I still don’t understand. Where is “that page”?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

that page is the audience/overview page, but it’s not the default — there should be an audience button/link on your dashboard on the left hand side, which can take you there

clicking on realtime/overview should work too

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 147 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.