Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ezeepics
    Ezeepics
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Sorry, I’ve been working with a customer. Where are you now?

I am still working, you can enter now? Send me an email, if you have time.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

K be back in a min

Ezeepics
    Participant

On my stockphotos.ezeepics.com I tried to register and I did an account in seconds! Works great! Now I’m looking forward that Leo helps me to install the Symbiostock 2.9.2 on food.ezeepics.com and than try to work out why Dragonfly theme not fits my sites. Love your work Leo!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@ezeepics wrote:

@leo wrote:

Sorry, I’ve been working with a customer. Where are you now?

I am still working, you can enter now? Send me an email, if you have time.

If you want to set me up with an admin I can get you set up quickly and easily. leo [at] symbiostock.com

I have quite a few separate things going though, so I’m doing my best.

Ezeepics
    Participant

Only one thing I’d like to ask, I have noticed when I received the registration confirmation email that the password is sent in clear. This is not a good thing, because the email can be intercepted and maybe the client feels insecure with it. There is a possibility to not send the password via email?

Ezeepics
    Participant

I will send you and admin account at your email Leo. Thank you, I will make a donation after, you were very kind with me always.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@ezeepics wrote:

There is a possibility to not send the password via email?

Its pretty standard to have the password sent to them the way it is. WordPress does it out of the box. To over-ride that would make more adjustment issues – every new feature tends to cause me to have to rebalance something else.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@cathyslife stockphotos wrote:

@cascoly wrote:

installed 2.9.2 from 2.8.9 ***** new register doesn’t work with IE10!

the new screen comes up, you can fill in the info, but it wont let you click on the blue bar to register — the cursor turns into ‘circle with slash’

also, even though you’re entering your password, it still says “password will be sent to you”

works as expected in chrome

I just tried to register on cidepix’s site, and the blue bar showed, but it did say “password will be sent to you”. I was confused by that because I thought waiting for a password was going away.

I guess you didn’t complete the registration process? otherwise I would have received an email..

you just need to ignore that “a password will be sent to you” notice..

it has no relevance anymore.. and needs to be removed..

Ezeepics
    Participant

@leo wrote:

@ezeepics wrote:

Its pretty standard to have the password sent to them the way it is. WordPress does it out of the box. To over-ride that would make more adjustment issues – every new feature tends to cause me to have to rebalance something else.

I understand…Sent you the email with admin ID and pass. You already had one there.

Your most of the way there. What page did you use for your homepage?

Do you want to keep clean-theme or use a blank one (with the customizer) or perhaps one of the Dragonfly ones with the neat color themes?

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Loads of sites send you a registration conformation email, lets not get carried away. Leo, awesome job. Its fine as is.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

TY! I’m going to take some time off pretty soon and let things settle. I think we’re at the point of comfort where some things can ride, but its not life or death to get to them immediately.

Ezeepics, I was working on your site and noticed some things changing around, so perhaps your working too.

The rest is easy for you – you should have some fun.

— First, settle on a child theme, and choose the sub-appearance if you wish.
    — Put your menus in order.
    — Establish your homepage.
    — Put your widgets in order.

Keep Plrang’s plugin OFF until he updates it. He probably hates me for it 😀

Ezeepics
    Participant

@ezeepics wrote:

@leo wrote:

@ezeepics wrote:

I understand…Sent you the email with admin ID and pass. You already had one there.

Your most of the way there. What page did you use for your homepage?

Do you want to keep clean-theme or use a blank one (with the customizer) or perhaps one of the Dragonfly ones with the neat color themes?

I used a Page called Home in my Pages is the only one SEO CHECKED
    I had an image rotator and all other galleries in bottom of the page, widgets ecc. To say the truth, now that I see the Cosmo Dragonfly don’t like it so much, I love it when the width of the page was 100%. After can I change themes and if I don’t like them come back to Cosmo which you installed? I can make it simple activating and disactivating them without loose nothing?

Ezeepics
    Participant

@leo wrote:

TY! I’m going to take some time off pretty soon and let things settle. I think we’re at the point of comfort where some things can ride, but its not life or death to get to them immediately.

Ezeepics, I was working on your site and noticed some things changing around, so perhaps your working too.

The rest is easy for you – you should have some fun.

— First, settle on a child theme, and choose the sub-appearance if you wish.
    — Put your menus in order.
    — Establish your homepage.
    — Put your widgets in order.

Keep Plrang’s plugin OFF until he updates it. He probably hates me for it 😀

Ok, thank you, just tell me where to click to make a donation.

Ezeepics
    Participant

But I don’t have subs to the menù categories…:-(

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

Donation button is right there in symbiostock settings page..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.