Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

2.9.0 – Get it Here:

https://github.com/orangeman555/symbiostock/blob/master/symbiostock.zip?raw=true

First, the most important update:

Update your auto-log-in emailer.

1 — Once you upgrade to 2.9.0, turn off the theme by activating a WP default theme.

2 — Go into plugins, and delete the Symbiostock Emailer plugin. *Very important*

3 — Activate Symbiostock or your child theme.

4 — Now follow the directions (it should be prompting you) to install the Symbiostock Emailer plugin.

If all goes well, your sign-up process will now auto-log-in a person with their chosen password. In the world of wordpress, this was not easy!

New Option to Turn off Customizer

I’m finding that if you use Dragonfly with the customizer options turned on, its more harmful than helpful. Likewise clean-theme tends to get over-ridden. Here is what you can do to get more control:

Admin -> Bee -> Settings : You now have an option to turn off Symbiostock customizer. Here is Dash-photo: http://www.dashphoto.eu/ — he is still getting converted over, but you can see it looks much nicer when the customizer isn’t over-riding colors and positions, things look good 😀

NOTE – you can adjust your menus then turn off the customizer, benefiting from menu location, but turning off most other style-oriented over-rides.

This is just an option for those using clean-theme or who wants more control over their styling.

Front-page widget issues fixed

Some people had some weird layout issues with the front-page widgets, and they would collapse and stack a little wierd. With a responsive theme its a lot like herding cats. Consider those particular cats finally in their pen again.

BAD NEWS: I will not be switching the featured image widgets to show more images. Right now there is a very very tight rule keeping them stuck at 24. It won’t be until later that I can finally find a way to over-ride this. I gave it a few hours to no avail. I have to find a way to intercept the process early, but thats quite complex.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I started this thread over to get rid of the technical difficulties noise.

2.9.2 is the version we tweaked out a bit. Update your auto-log-in emailer.

https://github.com/orangeman555/symbiostock/blob/master/symbiostock.zip?raw=true

Be sure to follow the above steps closely, since its necessary to reinstall the emailer for this.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

Works now, thanks! 🙂

Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

working here too 😀

Profile photo of MinkyMooMedia
    MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

Hi Leo

Do you need to go to 2.9.0 first then up to 2.9.2? I’ve gone straight to 2.9.2 followed the instructions but not got the new turn off customizer feature?

Thanks

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

You only have to turn off the customizer if you have special CSS needs.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Great! Registration seems to work now.
    But my featured images still look very weird.
    Can I still use this snippet to fix it or what can I do to create a block of 2×3 images?

.symbiostock-featured.search-result {
    float: right;
    height: 165px;
    margin: 10px;
    padding: 0;
    text-align: center;
    width: 115px;
    position: relative;
    left: -45px;

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

Leo do we still need to turn off the customizer if we use the regular (basic) child theme?

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Thanks Leo, I will upgrade tonight. I am not using the child them nor dragonfly so I should be good to fly

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

Got mine all working now, Registration is great now thanks,

Leo, I’m running the Clean Theme and am very happy with it, except for the issue with the older versions of IE8 and below trying to run as a mobile site, Is there a way to force Symbio to run as a desktop site regardless of browser or device?

Thanks

Profile photo of tdahl-stock
    tdahl-stock
    Participant

Leo, thanks and that is awesome. Just updated and it is beautiful 🙂

One thing about the new email that goes out to sites in the network list when you upgrade. Cathy let me know the following is what she gets. All the HTML tags are showing.

[symbiostock_upgrade] http://stock.tdahlphotography.com (Tim Dahl) has upgraded: 2.9.2

About Network Emails…

-Tim

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

In Admin area, Plugins>Installed Plugins>SYMBIOSTOCK – Emails and Notifications

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I’ve upgraded to 2.9.2 without incident. Haven’t tested the new login system yet, but I’m sure it’s great.

Thank you again, Leo. You truly are a hero!

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

@minkymoomedia wrote:

In Admin area, Plugins>Installed Plugins>SYMBIOSTOCK – Emails and Notifications

Thanks, MinkyMoo. I found it almost immediately after posting that request and then deleted my post before I spotted your answer. Appreciate your help anyway!

PS… if you want to delete your response post, I’ll delete this explanation too. 🙂

MinkyMooMedia
    Participant

🙂 Someone else is bound to have the same question so i’ll just leave it there 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.