Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Symzio introduces a ton of revolutionary new mechanisms meant to increase our share of the market. The coolest thing is a lot of these are woven into the system nearly transparently.

One such mechanism is the power of your Symzio Profile page, and namely how it works with our 10% affiliate program.

Symzio offers affiliates an opportunity to earn on referred sales – this means when a visitor comes to Symzio from a link they create, and purchases something, the affiliates earn 10% of the revenue on that sale. You don’t have to be a contributor to be an affiliate, but every contributor is already approved as an affiliate.

One ‘secret’ is the power of your Symzio Profile page, and how this works with the affiliate program. You see, the way Google works now, is generally, if it sees an affiliate token in the url, it doesn’t mind following that link, but it is smart enough to generally remove the affiliate token from the link when they show results in their search engine.

That means, for example, if your affiliate link looks like this:

http://www.symzio.com/stock-photo/apples?ack=KJ8732JJHG3

Generally, when Google shows results in search engines, it will show it as this:

http://www.symzio.com/stock-photo/apples

Because it figures out that the variables at the end are affiliate tags. As all affiliate programs use this mechanism, including Amazon, search engines have become quite efficient at extracting these.

Accordingly, if you were to promote a URL like that, you’d get sales, but mostly only through direct links. In other words, a customer will travel to the site through your link and purchase something – this is how 99% of all affiliate systems work, and it works well.

With Symzio, we’ve taken it a step further so you, as a contributor, can actually promote your profile page so you can earn on referrals – but not just through direct links, but through organic search results too. How?

We’ve added a measure so if a visitor finds Symzio through your profile page, even if there isn’t a referral attached to it, and they buy something, you get a cut of that sale. This means, it’s one of the only affiliate systems on the internet that allows you to actually promote and gain link strength on an affiliate landing page.

This is exclusive to contributors; affiliates do not have access to such landing pages and can only earn in the traditional manners. But as contributors, we want you to be able to create backlinks and prop up your profile page. For example, if your company name is “Joe’s Photography” and in your bio you indicate that you “specialize in Orchid macros”, your profile page will be optimized with those phrases. This means that when Google finds it, if someone were to search for ‘Photography orchid macros’, it is possible your profile page will show up in the results.

If this visitor then clicks and visits Symzio, whether they buy from you or any other contributor on Symzio, you will earn 10% on that sale.

How do you make your profile page show up higher in search results? Backlinks! A backlink is a link anywhere on the web that points to your profile page. This is counted as a ‘vote’ according to Google, and the more high powered and relevant backlinks you have, the higher your page will show in the search results.

The beauty of it is, if you were to successfully promote your profile page for a hot keyword, such as ‘apples’ or ‘flowers’, you would permanently start passively earning as visitors find Symzio through your profile page organically. Not only this, but your profile page has direct links to your independent Symbiostock site and your social media profiles.

One last nugget – on top of all of this, if a visitor comes to Symzio through your profile page and buys one of your own images – you earn 100% on that sale. Rather than the standard 80% plus the 10% affiliate cut, we’ve boosted it so contributors that refer their own media sales get all the revenue on that sale. After all, why should anyone else get a cut if you not only created the media, but brought the customer to buy it!

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Hi Robin

Sorry – but where is my Symzio Profile page? Do you mean I need to create one on my own site?

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Steve,

You can find your profile page when you log in and go to your Contributor earnings tab. You can also access it by clicking on your business name under any of your images.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

OK – I see that, I can see that I can upload a profile image. But in the text, you mention this example:

<span style=”color: #272727; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 28.8px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>For example, if your company name is “Joe’s Photography” and in your bio you indicate that you “specialize in Orchid macros”, your profile page will be optimized with those phrases. </span>

Does that mean that I can put a bio onto my profile page in Symzio, or I am simply linking through to my Symzio profile from my own website and I create those sort of specializms on my own site?

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

If you go to edit your account on Symzio, you’ll see space for your bio, for your social media, all that stuff. It only appears for contributors.

So you can personalize that profile page in any way you see fit to optimize its footprint. If you need any other information or fields that you think will enhance it further, let me know and we’ll see if we can add it. We want to make the profile page as accommodating as possible for contributors’ needs so you feel like a lot of information about you is available there at first glance.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Thanks Robin – please check your email for a question about my site

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Found the profile OK – first time round I didn’t realize that you need to enter your current password to save the amendments. Luckily the browser saved the text.

I tried to upload a public image. I was able to select one, clicked on agreement to the terms of the upload but when I finally click Submit, I get “sorry, looks like you forgot to agree to our terms”. I’ve tried several times but get this response each time

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Looking into both things

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Profile uploading should be fixed now – small syntax thing.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Yep – fixed

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Your profile page looks great!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.