Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sjlocke
    sjlocke
    Participant

Ok, so I created a test account, and upon registration and logging in, I’m seeing like wordpress backend stuff – jetpack, dashboard, profile, etc. Is that normal?

I bought an image and paypal works, but I didn’t get a link of where to get it. Where’s my download area? Am I missing a link or option somewhere?

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@sjlocke wrote:

Ok, so I created a test account, and upon registration and logging in, I’m seeing like wordpress backend stuff – jetpack, dashboard, profile, etc. Is that normal?

Unfortunately, that is the default for a WordPress theme. I thought that would confuse the customer, so I made some code changes so that they would be brought to the homepage upon login. It isn’t optimal, but at least it won’t confuse the customer (IMO).

@sjlocke wrote:

I bought an image and paypal works, but I didn’t get a link of where to get it. Where’s my download area? Am I missing a link or option somewhere?

You should be able to see your purchases when you click on your username (in the upper-right hand side of the page).

Profile photo of sjlocke
    sjlocke
    Participant

Why does the user get to see jetpack and dashboard? That is definitely confusing, and I had no idea where to go from there.

Nope, it just brings me back to my shopping cart with the image still there and a pay button.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Are you logged in as Admin or Subscriber – subscriber might be able to see some of the backend but nothing they can edit apart from their own details (and which did you purchase as? ) You should be able to see the download image area below the payment button

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of sjlocke
    sjlocke
    Participant

I created a whole new account, so I guess I’m a subscriber. I don’t want the buyer to know/think they’re looking at wordpress, if that’s the default wordpress behavior. It’s supposed to be a store, ya know?

Nope, no button.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I just did a test run. Is your paypal account set up to proper specs? I didn’t get my image, so I’m feeling sort of ripped off right now 🙁

However I didn’t find any way in the process to get to the admin area…so how are you get there?

The only way a customer should be able to create an account is through

1 clicking an image
    2 clicking the login/account button
    3 in rare occurance, the login page. I noticed that it redirects to WP if wrong, so I’ll see about changing that. But generally the process should be front-end related.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I noticed your only directed to WP backend if you put in the wrong name/pass.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Your emailer needed to be updated, so I did that. It sends the chosen password now. The system keeps people from having to leave your site, and keeps signup -> sale as instantanious as possible.

Regarding the fact its not delivering images, simply ensure your paypal account is a pro level, all of your info is current, and that your IPN is not set up (from some other store) pointing to the wrong destination.

Profile photo of pixelsonthego
    pixelsonthego
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Your emailer needed to be updated, so I did that. It sends the chosen password now.

Hi Leo, I have not a message in my dashboard regarding new version of emailer but Christene pointed me and I verified with a test user too, that when someone register in my site get a wrong password. Can you point me to the right address to update it?
    Thanks.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Just to clarify, the IPN URL is where the payment notification is sent so that a back end system can read the data and process the payment information for your administration.

https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/products/instant-payment-notification/

Profile photo of sjlocke
    sjlocke
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I just did a test run. Is your paypal account set up to proper specs? I didn’t get my image, so I’m feeling sort of ripped off right now 🙁

However I didn’t find any way in the process to get to the admin area…so how are you get there?

The only way a customer should be able to create an account is through

1 clicking an image
    2 clicking the login/account button
    3 in rare occurance, the login page. I noticed that it redirects to WP if wrong, so I’ll see about changing that. But generally the process should be front-end related.

My process was to register, get the email, come back to login, and then it sent me to the admin area.

I don’t have pro Paypal ( as you now know 🙂 ) – I don’t see any need to pay $30 a month for that. Otherwise, I don’t know anything about “proper specs”.

Profile photo of sjlocke
    sjlocke
    Participant

Ok, I have a business account, and I set my IPN to this: http://www.seanlockephotography.com/shop/symbiostock_ipn/

Should that make things work?

This is the kind of thing I had no idea I didn’t know.

Do I need to do anything with the API access stuff on Paypal?

Well, I tried another purchase, and when I returned, I got a payment thank you in a green bar, but I still don’t see anywhere to download the image…

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

To be honest I dont have my IPN set up and it works fine. Sean, remove the IPN url from your PP account, switch off IPN and I will make a test purchase.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

5 answers to pass the STUPID spam control

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I just made a test account and tried to purchase a blog sized Santa.

What should happen is that you see the download link below your cart area but it’s not updating with that thumbnail and link. PayPal did process the 2.00 though 🙂

Does the suggestion in here (deactivating word fence or changing its settings) help?

http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/379/paypal-works-images-not-in-download-area/

The other odd thing is that I didn’t get any e-mail from your site with my account information. That may mean something’s messed up with your e-mail plugin? Edited to add that the e-mail did eventually show up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.