Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

@shotupdave wrote:

The only thing I can really think of that could be removed is the up loader feature. Most of us are quite familiar on how to FTP our files to a location. This is not a criticism of the feature but just one that is not really needed in my opinion

removing the uploader?

I couldn’t disagree more 🙂 I don’t use FTP with symbiostock.. the uploader is very convenient..

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

just to get everything in one place — here are the suggestions from the list I’d been maintaining:

batch
    cidepix
    13 Allow the “Append Text to Title:” section in the Symbiostock admin/batch editor work on a per image basis. Eg: You could append “- Stock Photo” to stock photos, and “- Stock Vector” to vectors, instead of a one-size-fits-all approach.

batch
    semmick
    44 show the image values. Not the default values. this is only possible if all images have the same custom value though.

batch
    thp
    70 batch editor still doesn’t seem to be able to set a license as the default license.

categories
    cascoly
    61 way to show items in main category that are not in any subcategory

collection
    cascoly
    63 automatically append link to individual images when collection created “This image is part of a collection”

page
    semmick
    42 Selected images need to be able to be toggled selected and deselected

pricing
    jorodrigues
    54 change pricing to use a pricelist rather current defaults

search
    donland
    23 The search return number should default to last used value, not 48.

theme
    cascoly
    48 need sample of fonts – rather than guess/save/look

video
    crackerclips
    64 ability to have video clip show up first + something to indicate thumbnails are videos

video
    cascoly
    65 add video/footage to focus list

cidepix
    7 Add (perhaps in the paid plugin?) the ability for a couple of extra file sizes – XL, XXL, and make it so that file sizes only show up if the file meets the requirements for that size, which the author sets in admin

cidepix
    10 Add Sort options to browsing pages (newest, oldest, most popular etc)

cidepix
    27 download expiration

jsfoto
    32 add a short text (in addition to hashtags) to a tweet in the batch editor of the premium plugin.

cidepix
    47 sale stats by day, week, month, year?

klsbear
    52 scrolling network option

JoAnnSnover
    72 number of images per page in search results/category listings. Rather than changing code, how about a UI option (like for the text on the download/add to cart button

JoAnnSnover
    73 Sort search results by Newest, Ranking (1 2 and 3) or Random

JoAnnSnover
    75 incorporate the fixes to schema.org categories that were giving structured data errors in Google’s rich snippets tool? It’d be nice also to have the changes for establishing Google Authorship

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

one major addition to batch editing would be ability to append specific text to a group of images

eg, captions for stock agencies need to be short, but our sym pages allow much more room — yoast suggests outbound links and images —

so I’ve added those on im ages like
    http://cascoly-images.com/pix/image/indian-rupee-international-currency

would be nice to be able to append that text to multiple images

====================================

when you move to and click on an image from a search, there’s a lag, then the preview is shown, another lag before it moves to the actual image page. this is confusing for those who expect a click to open the image file-

looks like generating the preview is the problem — if you move cursor to an image, the preview appears after a few seconds, and then, if you click on the image it goes right to the image page.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@jorodrigues wrote:

….
    What I don’t like about the theme is that you cannot set the size of the previews. I’m of the opinion that I wouldn’t buy an image I cannot view properly. 590×391 is tiny. Yes I know everyone is ‘scared to death’ that some one is going to steal your images. I’m not that easily frightened and it would be great to provide a way to set your own image preview size.
    ….Jo

one approach is to show the image, with a transparent gif overlay:
    http://cascoly.com/showjpg.asp?jpg=..maps/nypl-1404019-sample.jpg&caption=Sample of full sized map

if you rightclick to save you end up with nothing

of course some people can still find a way to capture the image, but if you’re not overly concerned, this would be a good option

I’d been considering a plugin that would do this for any image, but will wait to see what the new sym brings us

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

@jorodrigues wrote:

….
    What I don’t like about the theme is that you cannot set the size of the previews. I’m of the opinion that I wouldn’t buy an image I cannot view properly. 590×391 is tiny. Yes I know everyone is ‘scared to death’ that some one is going to steal your images. I’m not that easily frightened and it would be great to provide a way to set your own image preview size.
    ….Jo

one approach is to show the image, with a transparent gif overlay:
    http://cascoly.com/showjpg.asp?jpg=..maps/nypl-1404019-sample.jpg&caption=Sample of full sized map

if you rightclick to save you end up with nothing

of course some people can still find a way to capture the image, but if you’re not overly concerned, this would be a good option

I’d been considering a plugin that would do this for any image, but will wait to see what the new sym brings us

There are many easy ways to take photos from a website. I would always suggest a watermark regardless, but I think we need control over what size photo previews are. I would imagine it would have to be fixed sizes like small, medium, or large because of the issues with the image page template.

Jo

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

the paypal message that gets sent on purchase has only the image number — especially for multi-accounts, it should also include the caption, since it’s a hassle to trace by # only

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I think one of the most important things to improve would be the size of the image. When we want to sell something, we need to be able to present it the best way we can. We use a watermark anyway, why not make the image larger and more prominent?

I don’t like the fact that we can’t set the quantity of images in the “Similar Images Widget”. I have to manually change that after every update.
    I don’t like the many links in the credit section, especially to sites I don’t even want to promote, like MSG.

I can do without the pretty large author box on the image page.

I don’t care for the cart manager.

I would love to have more payment processor options. For instance stripe.com to keep clients on your own site instead of sending them to paypal.com.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

fwiw — images are currently stored at about 440 x 600 for previews

to show previews larger than currently shown, we’d either need to store larger watermarked images, or process the full sized images to add a watermark on the fly

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

1. I am not keen on the search results sliders moving automatically, would be good to be able to click on the arrow and do it manually

2. That png and jpg uploads do not show both, only shows png’s.

3. That I don’t get many customers 🙂

Other than these I am happy with it

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

I would like to have the automatically generated image number removed or placed in a less prominent place. I use my own numbering system and when a customer asks for this automatic image number it is very difficult and confusing.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@chromaco wrote:

I would like to have the automatically generated image number removed or placed in a less prominent place. I use my own numbering system and when a customer asks for this automatic image number it is very difficult and confusing.

right – the wp db needs to generate its own id to avoid duplicates, but this is why it at least needs to provide the caption info so that we can track sales

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

the author and network pages need to be overhauled — similar information is scattered over different pages, and other elements like logos are also split up. some info is entered from the tabs at the top, other gets called from a tiny ‘author’ update link at the bottom of network

>> Author Settings — Basic author settings used by wordpress and Symbiostock.
    » Network Bonus Info — Special extended info settings used by Symbiostock on author pages and outside network referring pages.

both these links end up on the same page

will make it a lot easier to install & edit

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thanks a lot – we’re consolodating everything logically now – and hopefully we could even drop some options?

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

Could we get rid of the “image updated … date” on the single image pages or is it necessary for SEO?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsfoto wrote:

Could we get rid of the “image updated … date” on the single image pages or is it necessary for SEO?

I had it there for SEO purposes, but as THP pointed out, it might be a way to unwitingly set an experation date on your relevance 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.