Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nj
    nj
    Participant

Hi,
    I just built a stock site for images and videos. I’m now getting a message that the video plugin has not been updated for over 2 years and could start cause compatibility issues. My concern is that I spent a lot of time to get this site up and running and would hate to have wasted my efforts:
    The same goes for Woocommerce.
    Can we expect SymbioStock to bring out some updates?

The Plugin “Symbiostock Video” appears to be abandoned (updated May 21, 2017, tested to WP 4.0).
    Type: Plugin Abandoned
    Issue Found July 13, 2019 5:37 am
    Medium
    IGNORE
    DETAILS
    Plugin Name: Symbiostock Video
    Current Plugin Version: 3.4.0
    Last Updated: May 21, 2017
    Details: It was last updated 2 years 1 month ago and tested up to WordPress 4.0. It may have compatibility problems with the current version of WordPress or unknown security issues. Get more information.

Profile photo of creator
    creator
    Participant

Ah…so that’s my problem.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

This is an issue that arises with users here and there, and here is the answer:

Software does not need to be updated unless it is not working. WordPress has introduced an ecosystem where developers release half-tested plugins that work half the time, or have bugs, and cause issues.

Symbiostock is not developed in this manner. We have a thorough testing procedure with every release to ensure it is robust, solid software, and do not create new versions simply to appear busy. Accordingly, unless you are experiencing technical issues with your Symbiostock products, you can safely ignore any warnings you receive from WordPress.

Symbiostock along with Symbiostock Video is operating on thousands of websites right now without issue – are you experiencing any technical issues?

Profile photo of nj
    nj
    Participant

Thank you for clarifying that. This helps me justify to my partners my decision to use SymbioStock. I found SymbioStock to be the most comprehensive template available and I’m glad to understand that we can continue with peace of mind.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi NJ,

Glad I was able to address your concern. Rest assured, we always ensure our ecosystem works flawlessly and if we do an upgrade, it has been thoroughly tested. Back in the day, software needed to be robust as end users could not update it on the fly like they do now, and so we operate from the same perspective.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.