Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of creator
    creator
    Participant

I tried to do this and I messed up the wpconfig file. Its just the first line of the code but I don’t know what goes there so now my site doesn’t work!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Take a look here to try to see if you can locate what’s missing:
    https://generatewp.com/wp-config/

Don’t cut and paste anything though unless you are 100% sure as you could make it worse. Maybe make backups of your files before editing if you are not comfortable with these sorts of things.

You can also contact your host to assist you in this regard – it should be an easy fix.

Profile photo of creator
    creator
    Participant

I attempted that and disabled my site. Do you have a video or step by step instructions to do what you asked me to do?

Profile photo of creator
    creator
    Participant

I attempted to and broke my site and had to get help to get it back up. Do you have a video or step by step instructions to do what you asked me to do?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – so is your site back up? If you need help fixing your config you would have to google that, as it’s out of the scope of our support. As for instructions, do you mean to test to see what’s going on with the video processing on your site?

Profile photo of creator
    creator
    Participant

Is there someone I can call? It feels like there isn’t really much help with this plugin and we’re kind of on our own. I am supposed to be able to sell video as well as photo and it is taking a really long time to get this resolved. If this is a known issue, there should be a step by step process to resolve it. I can do it if given instructions but I am not a techie in this regard so I can’t figure it out. I would like help today as I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. Please let me know if there is someone I can speak to to get this fixed.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

There are no known issues with the plugin, and you are receiving the support we have always provided. Running a WordPress site comes with its own technical requirements and these issues sometimes arise even though it has nothing to do with Symbiostock. We do not provide phone support, but if you would like personalized assistance you are welcome to submit a support request via our support portal:

https://www.symbiostock.org/support-request/

In the case of a privatized support ticket, we would log into your system to diagnose what is going on. However, I’ve provided you instructions here on how to diagnose what is going on yourself, and if you follow these instructions I can try to assist you here. Overall, I am fairly certain the issue here is due to your hosting environment, so you might want to contact your web host first, and have them determine why the script is not running correctly for you. It is most likely a server resource limitation, and I feel it is very likely even if you were to submit a support ticket to us, we would tell you the same thing.

Profile photo of creator
    creator
    Participant

I’ve reached out to my host and they don’t believe there’s an issue on their end. Thing is, the video plays if they just put it on a page but it won’t load properly as a product. Are there examples of sites (that you can provide) that are selling video without issue? Why would photos work but not video?

The host is saying its the plugin and the plugin is saying its the host; I’m in the middle.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I’ve sent you a private message regarding this, thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.