Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Good morning.
    I am interested in the Video plugin and have installed the Video Diagnostic.
    At first I saw the video. Then a week later I don’t see the video anymore.

The Nginx server tells me “error 13: Permission denied”

I checked the file and directory permissions:
    The symbiostock-video-diagnostic directory allowed 755;
    The “result.webm” and “result.mp4” files have 600 permissions (so only the owner can read and write).

My PHP 7.4 settings are as follows:
    Imagic PHP Enable
    max_execution_time = 500 sec
    memory_limit 1024M
    upload_max_filesize 64M
    post_max_size 64M
    max_input_time 120 sec

The server has 3GB of RAM in total on which Centos8 runs with virtualmin.
    Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks so much.

NGINX Log Error:

2020/09/23 08:19:44 [error] 553043 # 0: * 1 open () “/home/myvideoimage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/result.mp4” failed (13: Permission denied), client: 93.38.118.232, server: myvideoimage.com, request: “GET /wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/result.mp4 HTTP / 1.1”, host: “myvideoimage.com”, referrer : “https://myvideoimage.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=manage_ss_settings&tab=videodiag”
    2020/09/23 08:19:44 [error] 553043 # 0: * 1 open () “/home/myvideoimage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/result.webm” failed (13: Permission denied), client: 93.38.118.232, server: myvideoimage.com, request: “GET /wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/result.webm HTTP / 1.1”, host: “myvideoimage.com”, referrer : “https://myvideoimage.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=manage_ss_settings&tab=videodiag”
    2020/09/23 08:20:42 [error] 553678 # 0: * 6 open () “/home/myvideoimage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/result.mp4” failed (13: Permission denied), client: 93.38.118.232, server: myvideoimage.com, request: “GET /wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/result.mp4 HTTP / 1.1”, host: “myvideoimage.com”, referrer : “https://myvideoimage.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=manage_ss_settings&tab=videodiag”
    2020/09/23 08:20:42 [error] 553678 # 0: * 6 open () “/home/myvideoimage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/result.webm” failed (13: Permission denied), client: 93.38.118.232, server: myvideoimage.com, request: “GET /wp-content/plugins/symbiostock-video-diagnostic/result.webm HTTP / 1.1”, host: “myvideoimage.com”, referrer : “https://myvideoimage.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=manage_ss_settings&tab=videodiag”

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Operation seems random. If I increase or decrease the number of PHP FCGId Subprocesses (I change from 8 to 10 and then from 10 to 8) and subsequently save the configuration I can see the movie.

I see the movie with Chrome but not on Firefox. On Firefox I see a still image.

Will I be able to get the Video plugin to work once installed?
    I specify that I manage the server directly and therefore I can configure each parameter.

One question: will the video plugin and Symbiostock pro be working with PHP 8 which will be released in November 2020?

Thanks so much.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo,

It is very difficult based on what you’ve presented to determine if the video plugin will work properly on your server given the variance you are experiencing. As for Firefox vs Chrome, the plugin creates different video formats for different browsers for maximum functionality, so that might be the issue, in the sense that the processor is still not converting the video properly.

I would suggest configuring the server in a way through testing that ensures the video diagnostic works 100% of the time, and under that scenario the video plugin will most likely work.

As for compatibility, yes, Symbiostock is always upgraded to support new versions of PHP, WordPress and WooCommerce when warranted.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin

thank you very much for your reply.
    I was able to get the video test to work properly with Chrome, but on Firefox I only see the first frame as a still image.
    Does video conversion for Firefox use a PHP extension? Maybe I haven’t installed this extension? Could you give me some indication as to which parameters can cause the video not to be converted for Firefox.

I thank you again.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin

I saw that the Test Video plugin uses ffmpeg version 2.8.2-static for Chrome, while for Firefox it uses ffmpeg version N-79889-g9486de5-static. Does this application contain all the codecs inside or do you need to install some of them on the server?

Thank you

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo – I’m not sure what you mean by the different versions – Symbiostock Video uses the same ffmpeg for all conversions – and no, you do not need to install any codecs on the server.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.