Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

Hi all, i have several problems with uploading Vectors:

Symbiostock creates two different Media Assets in case for uploading jpg and eps with same names via ftp.

The EPS filename and description are parsed correct. EPS-Keywords will not be parsed.

JPG filename, description and tags are parsed correct (in new media asset).

I can open the Eps-Media and upload an alternate jpg with the _ssalt_3656.jpg namig convention for example.

But, the crone-job parse this file and stores it as “ss_3656_alt.jpg” – this several name did not work for distributing to agencies – they want two files jpg and eps with same names.

(btw. uploading the _ssalt_3656.jpg via FTP produces also new media asset with new filename.)

My main problem is with uploading EPS-10 Files only: Symbiostock produces Error white parsing: Failed to process file. Unable to determine media type.

The Server shuts down / restarts (after parsing this) and my Hosting Provider gives me Feedback that the server had become to much Data in Ram (7GB for 1.2 MB EPS).

(Btw. my Server host works with PHP 5.4 in CGI Mode. Imagick, Exec Commands runs in Diagnostic-Mode perfect)

If anyone have deeper knowledge, which is the best Version for uploading Vectors?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

That’s very weird. Regarding the distribution to agencies – are you using the distributor or uploading yourself?

I’ll have to look into the EPS 10 thing. I do know that different versions of Imagick do different things so it is possible the version you have installed is causing problems for some odd reason.

Hebstreit
    Participant

uploading via distributing for jpg works fine. For vectors i’ve decided to turn distribution off and upload to agencies for myself.

Do you have a recommendation wich Imagick version is the latest and should be installed?

Hebstreit
    Participant

.. and wich kind of eps do you use for the Symbiostock -settings / Run wizard ?  (this also works fine!)

Hebstreit
    Participant

ok, problem solved now.

my learning: eps should be produced with 2000 px max. more pixels = more server RAM for image processing

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing the solution – sometimes it is difficult to diagnose what it could be remotely when there are so many factors.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.