Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi CS – unfortunately, there is no native way to achieve this at the current time. It is something that could be coded, and perhaps WooCommerce has some mechanism for this.

However, we do offer paid custom tasks for Symbiostock users so if you want to send me a PM, I could get you a quote on how much it would cost to import this data and connect it to your files.

Profile photo of cs
    cs
    Participant

Cool, I’ll look into WooCommerce options and if there aren’t any pre-built options available I’ll reach out to you for a quote. Thanks!

Building TheMillStock.com

Profile photo of elroce
    elroce
    Participant

Hi CS and Symbiostock.

I´m in the same situation as CS. I have 3000 clips and after the Shuterstock cuts in our fees, I´m considering to build my own site and this CSV bulk metadata assign is a vital feature. And I know it´s not only me. There are a lot of content creators thinking the same. This will be a perfect moment to develop this feature and get a lot of new clients.

There is also another issue related to the storage of all ours Gigabites of videos. There are cheaper options in the market that can make our business more competitive.

Since we are in the same boat, I would like to contact CS to talk about building up the site.

Thanks!

elroce@gmail.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey guys – we’ve now released a premium plugin that allows you to import metadata to your Symbiostock store products in bulk:

https://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/new-symbiostock-bulk-import-plugin/

Profile photo of cs
    cs
    Participant

Hey guys – we’ve now released a premium plugin that allows you to import metadata to your Symbiostock store products in bulk:

https://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/new-symbiostock-bulk-import-plugin/

This is fantastic news! Just bought it. Don’t know if this was something y’all were already working on or if seeing more interest in this feature sparked the development of the plugin — but either way, thank you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Thanks cs – we always take user feedback seriously and have development moving. Let us know how it goes for you and if you have feedback on its usage.

Profile photo of elroce
    elroce
    Participant

Hey Robin!

That´s amazing! Thanks for listening to us. As you said, that’s very important, mostly on these times where companies are not taking any care of contributors. I will spread the word to other fellows contributors thinking about building up their own site.

Another important feature that will be interesting to develop is the autoplay on mouse hover.

elroce@gmail.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Elroce – do you mean with regards to Symbiostock Video? There is an autoplay option but not yet a mouse hover autoplay option. We will look into this as well as a possibility, thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

And thank you – Symbiostock was developed with the sole purpose of encouraging contributors to free themselves from the yoke of huge agencies that keep a majority of the profits of their work. We need to work together to promote the movements towards autonomy – that means link to your fellow contributors, promote Symbiostock, join Symzio.

We don’t have the marketing dollars large companies do because Symbiostock Pro, as it is, is and will always be free. Premium plugin fees help subsidize development, but that’s about it. We need the community to market us to keep getting more and more people involved.

Profile photo of cs
    cs
    Participant

Hey Robin,

I was trying to test the new Bulk Import plugin this evening. Copy/paste into a spreadsheet from the sample text on the Bulk Import settings page is just pasting the whole line of text into one cell (tried on Google Sheets and Apple Numbers, might be able to try Excel later). Is there a special paste function I should be using?

I could try separating things out manually but want to make sure I’m preserving the correct row/column structure the plugin would need for importing the metadata.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey cs – I just tried it in Google Sheets and Excel and they both worked fine – it was separated into columns as expected. This was on a Windows PC.

Perhaps try to copy the text and save it into a text file first, then import into your spreadsheet as a tab delimited file. It is possible your browser is not transferring the text properly to the spreadsheet software.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.