Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

I have been taking baby steps with Symbio at this stage.

I uploaded Word Press and it was all systems go. I used the New Media Uploader and was able to use the Drag and Drop Flash Uploaader and I was also able to use the Browser Uploader, Media is clearly visible in their respective pages. Different sizes are viewable in the File Manager.

I then installed Symbiostock theme and the Dragonfly child theme.

The first thing I get is that I dont have Flash Uploaded, Silver dodad or HTML5 …. see above, I was able to use it with the basic WP and I do have HTML5.

It then goes to a browser uploader … this then fails and the error says IOError #2038

I then upload via FTP to wp-content > pluploads > uploads

The images appear in the processing area.

It tells me that I am using GD enabled (even though my web host says that Imagemagick can be used)

When the image is processed a minipc is generated and the large image can be found in the rf folder. The other sizes do not exist.

I installed the php.ini file into my root directory (where WP is) with the settings that were suggested. I then took out the imagick line in case that was causing issues.

I uploaded my own watermark image and put the url to that in the settings (522 x 522 png)

So far nothing helps.

I would be grateful for any ideas 🙂

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

too many possibles —

try to upload & process an image with the defaults, using std watermark & GD — if that works, then change one thing at a time to track down where the trouble is

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@wendy wrote:

I have been taking baby steps with Symbio at this stage.

I uploaded Word Press and it was all systems go. I used the New Media Uploader and was able to use the Drag and Drop Flash Uploaader and I was also able to use the Browser Uploader, Media is clearly visible in their respective pages. Different sizes are viewable in the File Manager.

I then installed Symbiostock theme and the Dragonfly child theme.

Ok – so far so good.
    @wendy wrote:

The first thing I get is that I dont have Flash Uploaded, Silver dodad or HTML5 …. see above, I was able to use it with the basic WP and I do have HTML5.

Thats a very “blanket” error code, and default. Actually this is probably a folder “permissions” problem like your other thread. What is happening is your browser contacts a .php file to run the uploader. This is most likely being blocked. So the default error message comes up, which you’ve seen.
    @wendy wrote:

It then goes to a browser uploader … this then fails and the error says IOError #2038

Probably same problem.
    @wendy wrote:

I then upload via FTP to wp-content > pluploads > uploads

Smart work-around!
    @wendy wrote:

The images appear in the processing area.

It tells me that I am using GD enabled (even though my web host says that Imagemagick can be used)

When the image is processed a minipc is generated and the large image can be found in the rf folder. The other sizes do not exist.

There are two folders – one located in wp-content and the other located at the top / root of your site. Which one is not filling up? Sounds once again like that permissions issue you seem to keep having.
    @wendy wrote:

I installed the php.ini file into my root directory (where WP is) with the settings that were suggested. I then took out the imagick line in case that was causing issues.

I uploaded my own watermark image and put the url to that in the settings (522 x 522 png)

So far nothing helps.

I would be grateful for any ideas 🙂

Almost certainly there is some fishy stuff going on with permissions and possibly file writing functions being repressed.

Also if you have imagick.so (I think) in your php.ini that should be sufficient in most circumstances. But it does appear your in a very unique environment.

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Ok, having taken on board what Steve says, I have done the following

I took out the php.ini that I had put in the root folder
    I reinstated the generic symbiostock watermark.

At this stage I don’t care which processor it uses as long as it uses one of them 😯

I tried the uploader again … it got to 46% and threw the IO error …

FTP …. the file

Use the processor and this si what I get:

In the root > symbiostock_rf
    I find a full sized image with a generic number … eg: 44.jpg

In root > wp-content > uploads > symbiostock_rf_content
    I find a small file called 44-minipic.jpg

Of course there is no preview image so that page shows just the title of the image.

Leo I am quickly coming to the same conclusion as you that I have a unique environment (that is the most polite way I can term it lol). The next thing I guess is working out what has not got the correct permissions and do something about it.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

If you get the small size but not the large size, this is almost always the watermark not being fetched properly. The best way to check that (if you didn’t already) is to simply paste your watermark url into the browser. You should see the image, not the page the image was taken from. (And definitely not a 404 page 😕

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@leo wrote:

If you get the small size but not the large size, this is almost always the watermark not being fetched properly. The best way to check that (if you didn’t already) is to simply paste your watermark url into the browser. You should see the image, not the page the image was taken from. (And definitely not a 404 page 😕

This is my watermark image and shows up when I look at the url:
    http://www.hereswendy.com/wp-content/uploads/copyright.png

At the moment I have the generic symbio one in place:
    http://hereswendy.com/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/image-processor/symbiostock-watermark.png

This one also shows up ….

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

As another test try uploading smaller sizes and progressively uploading larger versions. If you find the smaller ones work, then you might have found a memory limitation.

If this and your other calls to support don’t work I might be able to log into your site with an admin account you make for me and check it out.

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

I have sent another long letter to support …. this is getting “old” very quickly.

Leo I cant even get a small image to behave correctly.

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

Leo after sending the long letter to support with screen shots to explain my problems .. they fixed the uploader on the server side. It now works … yay (though this was not the biggy as I could use FTP)

However they are telling me that the processing watermark issue is a plugin problem. Dealing with this hosting crowd is like pulling teeth,

I am convinced that it is a permissions problem and possibly also the way they deal with files, I am trying to find the right words … but a conflict with me being the “owner and user” and them being the “owner” and files not having “user” permissions or something.

All the permissions on the registries and the files are set to 755 … are there any that should be different to that? I cannot change them at my end, so will have to get them to do it if I need to, I have tried via the FTP client and it reverts straight away.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Are you sure you can’t change permissions using cPanel? With BlueHost, I can, via the File Manager.

For what it’s worth, 755 is more than I have on my watermark (i.e. it’s different, but it’s more permissive than mine with is 644) and mine’s working fine. It’s possible there is some other file that’s a problem.

Did you turn on WordPress debug options to see if that gives you any clues as to what’s going wrong? Sorry if you’ve already tried that.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@joannsnover wrote:

Are you sure you can’t change permissions using cPanel? With BlueHost, I can, via the File Manager.

For what it’s worth, 755 is more than I have on my watermark (i.e. it’s different, but it’s more permissive than mine with is 644) and mine’s working fine. It’s possible there is some other file that’s a problem.

Did you turn on WordPress debug options to see if that gives you any clues as to what’s going wrong? Sorry if you’ve already tried that.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

No I cant change the permissions JoAnn … in my File Manager there is no option whatsoever and if I try to change in the FTP client it just reverts back to 755.

I had not tried the DEBUG … will do that now and see if I can find something out.

I sure hope its worth it after all this lol! 🙄

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

The DEBUG log after starting WP and uploading and attempting to process one image:

[21-Mar-2014 23:57:24] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[21-Mar-2014 23:57:30] PHP Notice: wp_register_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in \ … wp-includesfunctions.php on line 3049

[21-Mar-2014 23:57:30] PHP Notice: wp_register_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in \ … wp-includesfunctions.php on line 3049

[21-Mar-2014 23:57:30] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[21-Mar-2014 23:58:41] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[21-Mar-2014 23:59:04] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[21-Mar-2014 23:59:38] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[21-Mar-2014 23:59:51] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[21-Mar-2014 23:59:54] PHP Notice: Undefined index: 20111117_mg_7849_smoking_cane_mill in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockincclassesimage-processorsymbiostock_image_processor.php on line 1463

[21-Mar-2014 23:59:54] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: supplied in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockincclassesimage-processorsymbiostock_image_processor.php on line 1436

[22-Mar-2014 00:01:00] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:01:11] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:01:13] PHP Notice: Undefined index: 20111117_mg_7849_smoking_cane_mill in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockincclassesimage-processorsymbiostock_image_processor.php on line 1463

[22-Mar-2014 00:01:34] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:01:36] PHP Notice: Undefined index: page in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockincclassesadmin.php on line 189

[22-Mar-2014 00:01:36] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: image_id in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockincrf-custom-post-functions.php on line 654

[22-Mar-2014 00:01:36] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: image_id in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockincrf-custom-post-functions.php on line 660

[22-Mar-2014 00:01:58] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:13] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: post in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2742

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2742

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: btn_class in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 1106

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockcontent-image.php on line 53

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockcontent-image.php on line 53

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: post in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 639

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: free_image in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockcontent-image.php on line 159

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Undefined index: symbiostock_collection in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockincclassescartcart.php on line 72

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:14] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: btn_class in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 1106

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:25] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: post in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2742

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2742

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: btn_class in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 1106

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockcontent-image.php on line 53

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockcontent-image.php on line 53

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: post in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 639

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: free_image in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockcontent-image.php on line 159

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Undefined index: symbiostock_collection in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockincclassescartcart.php on line 72

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:26] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: btn_class in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 1106

[22-Mar-2014 00:02:28] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:04:29] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:06:28] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:08:28] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:10:29] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:12:28] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:14:28] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:16:41] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:16:56] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:17:01] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:18:28] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:20:31] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

[22-Mar-2014 00:22:31] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant is_admin – assumed ‘is_admin’ in \ … wp-contentthemessymbiostockfunctions.php on line 2476

If someone can point me in the right direction for a possible solution that would be cool 🙂

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

If you consider that time is money and support doesn’t seem to want to help all that much. You might be better off changing to one of the recommended service providers. I know nothing about coding and I’ve never had any issues with the theme. $5.00 per month might worth getting rid of all of these headaches.

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

@chromaco wrote:

If you consider that time is money and support doesn’t seem to want to help all that much. You might be better off changing to one of the recommended service providers. I know nothing about coding and I’ve never had any issues with the theme. $5.00 per month might worth getting rid of all of these headaches.

I have to admit I am getting close to that, I have been reading a bit and learning as I go. I wish I could work out what is going on so that I can at least understand. I am trying to get my head around whether this is a host problem, a word press problem or a symbiostock problem.

Profile photo of Wendy
    Wendy
    Participant

I signed up for Blue Host 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.