Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Found the network-manager line and commented it out.

I did a file search in both the professional plugin and the main theme for daily_chron and can only find this in functions.php in the professional plugin:

add_action( ‘symbiostock_daily_chron’ , ‘ss_daily_tweets’ );

no do_action with anything related to daily_chron – might it be called something else?

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Now I see you’ve deleted your text that referred to symbiostock_daily_chron – shall I just forget about that? 🙂

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

Now I see you’ve deleted your text that referred to symbiostock_daily_chron – shall I just forget about that? 🙂

Yeah, I realized thats just a hook for the tweets function.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I’d love to start with the Premium plug-in but unless I get an employment offer right quick I’ll be continuing to live on $200-$300 a month and my mother’s kindness.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

I’ve updated my network-manager file and will see what happens in the morning.

Steve

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@leo wrote:

/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/networkmanager/network-manager.php

Scroll to bottom of file…

In the final function, look for the line that says symbiostock_save_image_list_info( );

Delete that.

There is also the_spider call, it fetches symbiocards from “friends and friends of friends” and often needs much more time than saving image list.

I would also comment out line

$spider_network->the_spider();

but not both lines in the same time. First comment out (or delete) symbiostock_save_image_list_info( );
    wait for results, then restore this line, delete $spider_network->the_spider(); and watch results again 🙂

And question for persons with throttling peak issue:

Is is related to time you get email “[symbiostock_network_update] Site has updated image and network” from you sites?

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Some days I get a lot of throttling – none in the last 24 hours though.

If you use Wordfence check the Blocked IP’s you might find one like this

An unknown location at IP 198.143.189.226
    IP: 198.143.189.226
    Reason: Exceeded the maximum global requests per minute for crawlers or humans.
    Hostname: blexn8.webmeup.com
    Throttled 2161 times starting 6 days 11 hours ago and ending 6 days 3 hours ago.

I blocked this one completely

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

Found the network-manager line and commented it out.

I did a file search in both the professional plugin and the main theme for daily_chron and can only find this in functions.php in the professional plugin:

add_action( ‘symbiostock_daily_chron’ , ‘ss_daily_tweets’ );

no do_action with anything related to daily_chron – might it be called something else?

So everything was fine in my WordPress admin page until just now. I got the following error:

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home5/digitdt6/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php on line 1648

Given the editing I did added a comment line, your line numbers won’t be the same, but here’s the line of code in my edits that this referred to:

ajt_network_search_all( & $query_list, $this );

I replaced the edited network-manager.php with the original one and life is back to normal.

The first time this happened, the WP admin panel was up in a tab and I clicked on the stock Images (ladybug) . I closed that browser tab, created a new one and clicked on a bookmark I have that goes to the /wp-admin/ page. Got the error again.

I went to the admin page and to the stock images page many, many times yesterday. Any clues as to why things went south – in a line nowhere near the line Leo asked to be commented out (which is the only change I made in that file) so long after the edits were made?

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home5/digitdt6/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/network-manager/network-manager.php on line 1648

Given the editing I did added a comment line, your line numbers won’t be the same, but here’s the line of code in my edits that this referred to:

Where did you get that network-manager.php from?
    This bug was in Symbio 2.5.6 and earlier. Error in line 1648 was fixed in version 2.5.7 in July ( & was removed).

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I unpacked a zip file that I thought was the one I am currently running – 2.6.5.

I’ll make sure I toss that directory and verify the version of what I start with.

Thanks for the explanation – I guess I’m lucky more things didn’t go wrong after I pushed the edited file up there…

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

This file contains functions for network communication, symbiocards and search, nothing that could hurt database or other important things 🙂

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

I think that you need to remove the ampersand (&).

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.