Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

How big a mess would one face if they launched using the basic version (and one license) and later upgraded to Premium when budget allowed?

Would you need to edit each existing image individually to add the alternate license options or would that be able to be handled via a batch function?

Would it require major or minor theme changes?

Edit by Christine: Added throttling in header to make it easier to find.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

No theme changes required to update to the premium version, and part of the premium plugin is a batch editor, so (once some issues & bugs have been addressed) you can update all the images with whatever licenses you later decide on

Profile photo of Snap Vectors
    Snap Vectors
    Participant

I had the same question. I saw this comment posted on a different thread, and it made me wonder:

“Btw, I just did the premium upgrade so things look terrible at my site right now, but the design will improve in a couple of days”

Is there anything that could cause the premium installation to alter things?

Thanks,
    Nate

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

@dianajo wrote:

How big a mess would one face if they launched using the basic version (and one license) and later upgraded to Premium when budget allowed?

Would you need to edit each existing image individually to add the alternate license options or would that be able to be handled via a batch function?

Would it require major or minor theme changes?

No mess at all.
    However I would still suggest to use the Premium plugin from the beginning. Makes things easier, especially creating/managing of collections. And you’ll save a lot of similar keywording with the PP.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@Snap Vectors wrote:

I had the same question. I saw this comment posted on a different thread, and it made me wonder:

“Btw, I just did the premium upgrade so things look terrible at my site right now, but the design will improve in a couple of days”

Is there anything that could cause the premium installation to alter things?

Thanks,
    Nate

I saw that comment and assumed that the poster was saying he’d been working on his site and it looked terrible in mid-edit. The premium plugin doesn’t deal with appearance – batch editor, licensing and twitter integration.

The SYXtra plugin has a ton of features that address appearance – perhaps that’s the plugin the above comment referred to? That’s unrelated to Leo’s Premium Plugin

Profile photo of Snap Vectors
    Snap Vectors
    Participant

I saw that comment and assumed that the poster was saying he’d been working on his site and it looked terrible in mid-edit.

That makes sense!

Nate

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

While we are on the Premium plugin, I installed about a week back, and every morning from 6am to 11am, my CPU is throttled at BlueHost. I’m assuming that the plugin runs each morning to create that big initial indexing of keywords, but is that just wishful thinking?

Anyone know if it takes a long time to create the index for about 1100 images?

Steve

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

It should not run for more than a few minutes at most. Has anyone else been seeing this?

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@steveh wrote:

While we are on the Premium plugin, I installed about a week back, and every morning from 6am to 11am, my CPU is throttled at BlueHost. I’m assuming that the plugin runs each morning to create that big initial indexing of keywords, but is that just wishful thinking?

Anyone know if it takes a long time to create the index for about 1100 images?

Steve

I’m not sure if this is due to a daily update, so I’m putting in an option to turn it off just to see how that works out for you.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thanks! Thats not healthy.

As far as I know it could be a daily update (as suggested) or a daily crawling of your images by a search engine.

If your up to it, I have a major update ready for testing, and for testing purposes we can turn off the daily chron to see if thats part of the issue.

Profile photo of ThomasAmby
    ThomasAmby
    Participant

I had to reupload some of the images (watermark, logo etc.)
    And also my “Edit CSS” was reset, but fortunately I had most of my custom CSS elsewhere.

Other than that, no problems.

Maybe I messed up during the upgrade but just in case, do backup your custom CSS before replacing the theme files

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@thomasamby wrote:

I had to reupload some of the images (watermark, logo etc.)
    And also my “Edit CSS” was reset, but fortunately I had most of my custom CSS elsewhere.

Other than that, no problems.

Maybe I messed up during the upgrade but just in case, do backup your custom CSS before replacing the theme files

Are you changing the theme base or are you using a child theme? Just want to make sure I understand.

JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Here’s my throttling chart – not very many seconds. Times are relative to 3:48pm Pacific time when I ran this

I run a nightly database only backup which is done around 11:45pm each evening (but that’s small)

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I think thats enough to say we’ve all got a small issue. I don’t see it due to being on dedicated server.

For anyone who wants to give it a temporary test (will take 24 – 48 hours)

go to

/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/networkmanager/network-manager.php

Scroll to bottom of file…

In the final function, look for the line that says symbiostock_save_image_list_info( );

Delete that.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

After a few days let me know if things have changed. It will simple cease to run the update for a few days. I just want to make sure its definitely related to that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.